Finally got to order 2 Passports yesterday while they were in stock but I received an email this afternoon that they are backordered...

Got my hopes up yesterday...crashed today!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:55 PM
    Did the same thing to me.
    10-18-14 07:17 PM
    Haha, sounds like it's been done to everyone

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-18-14 11:23 PM
    That's really unprofessional. We should write to Blackberry to choose a better retailer to distribute their products. Perhaps the Crackberry shop.
    10-19-14 04:21 AM
    Same situation here, in France. Ordered one while it was in stock, confirmed by telephone and email and then couple hours later received an email notifying me that it was out of stock and Digital River couldn't fulfill my order...

This provider is really crappy ! This is my worst online buying experience ever !

And the most incredible is that it is nearly impossible to cancel my order !

I wonder how much Digital River sells its services to Blackberry but its is not worth the cost !
    10-19-14 04:28 AM
    That's really unprofessional. We should write to Blackberry to choose a better retailer to distribute their products. Perhaps the Crackberry shop.
    Crackberry is the opposite to DR. I placed an order for the hard shell case and at the time is said "pre order" so I was expecting to wait. Turns out it shipped the same day.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:31 AM
    Join the group! i ordered on the launch day 24th Sep with overnight priority shipping while it was in stock but received the same back order email after 2 days, kept following for a week but they couldn't give me the confirmed date so i decided to cancel the order on 4th Oct, just day before yesterday 17th October i received cancellation confirmation.
    DR doesn't deserve my business, i'd rather pay $100 more and deal with somebody else.
    10-19-14 07:42 AM
    Ordered on Friday. Shop BB showed 479 in stock. BB promised me an email within 48 hours. After waiting closer to 65 hours I got an email saying the Passport AND SlimPort HDMI adapter are on backorder. BB shouldn't be trusting these people with their inventory. DR is messing something up big time!

Edit: After a quick call it sounds like these won't start shipping out until October 29th... So much for in stock
    Last edited by ThaMunsta; 10-20-14 at 01:04 PM.
    10-20-14 12:52 PM
    I respect DR, but I'd rather be underwhelmed and it tell me before checkout that I'm buying a backordered item and it will be delayed...
    So much rather it be overcautious and then it come earlier or on time than it jump the gun and it maybe come on time but likely late...

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-20-14 01:07 PM