Got mine Dec 2014. No problems so far. No heat problems. No key problems. No screen problems whatever. But this is my unit. You would think with a thread on going like this someone is going to ask Chen in his interviews is there a design fault or a manufacturing process problem .He has a twitter account so why not use it to ask the question?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 02:58 AM
    You would think with a thread on going like this someone is going to ask Chen in his interviews is there a design fault or a manufacturing process problem .He has a twitter account so why not use it to ask the question?
    This thread has 126 replies from a handful of people. Millions of Passports have been sold. Statistical relevance? Nope.

Chen has more important things to do as CEO of BlackBerry than peruse the CrackBerry Forums.
    08-01-15 03:01 AM
    I did say use his twitter account to complain even if he doesn't look at this site. He has replied to me via his Twitter account. As I said I don't have an issue with my PP at all.!!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 03:25 AM
    Took my Passport to a phone repair place recently for a cracked screen. A few weeks after its return, I noticed the screen lift issue from the left bottom corner. I returned it, and they informed me that the adhesive BlackBerry had sent with the new screen had given way. Of course, they are fixing it, this time using their own adhesive.

I use my phone a lot in my car, and I've noticed that it gets hot often from the sun striking it. It's a large screen, and it easily heats. It may be that BlackBerry needs to rethink the kind of adhesive it uses.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 02:48 PM
    Is the issue of screen lifting a direct result from being exposed to heat or being bent/twisted while in pockets? Has anyone tabulated the results from such conditions?

Posted via CB10
    Took my Passport to a phone repair place recently for a cracked screen. A few weeks after its return, I noticed the screen lift issue from the left bottom corner. I returned it, and they informed me that the adhesive BlackBerry had sent with the new screen had given way. Of course, they are fixing it, this time using their own adhesive.

I use my phone a lot in my car, and I've noticed that it gets hot often from the sun striking it. It's a large screen, and it easily heats. It may be that BlackBerry needs to rethink the kind of adhesive it uses.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 05:13 PM
    This thread has 126 replies from a handful of people. Millions of Passports have been sold. Statistical relevance? Nope.

Chen has more important things to do as CEO of BlackBerry than peruse the CrackBerry Forums.
    Chen should be more proactive as a CEO. It's a tough job, and there are bigger fish to fry. But I'm sure there is a saying about letting little things like this, which should never have happened in the first place, ruin a company. Details, man.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 09:40 PM
    My theory for screen lifting is people used cases that grips right between screen and side frame. So from time to time it make screen loose.

Posted via CB10
    I have experienced this with my OEM hard shell.
    The upper right corner doesn't sit tight against the back of the phone. Instead that corner of the case pulls down on the frame but not the glass.
    So the barley noticeable lip at the top where the glass to frame transition is, can be noticed at the left upper corner. But as you run your finger towards the right, the metal frame being higher than the glass gradually dissipates and the glass becomes higher than the frame at the right upper corner.
    I removed the hard shell case, pressed firmly down on the glass in the upper right corner and since than the glass has stayed below the frame.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 05:37 PM
    I have experienced this with my OEM hard shell.
    The upper right corner doesn't sit tight against the back of the phone. Instead that corner of the case pulls down on the frame but not the glass.
    So the barley noticeable lip at the top where the glass to frame transition is, can be noticed at the left upper corner. But as you run your finger towards the right, the metal frame being higher than the glass gradually dissipates and the glass becomes higher than the frame at the right upper corner.
    I removed the hard shell case, pressed firmly down on the glass in the upper right corner and since than the glass has stayed below the frame.

Posted via CB10

I just got my second Passport, my second silver edition. The 1st had zero problems before I dropped it. The second has the screen lifting issue right out of the box. Idk if I should send it back or try to get it repaired.
    12-23-15 03:56 AM
    I just got my second Passport, my second silver edition. The 1st had zero problems before I dropped it. The second has the screen lifting issue right out of the box. Idk if I should send it back or try to get it repaired.
    Send it back

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 04:56 AM
    Exactly! And what does that tell you? The fact is this, the man who runs the company is aware of this issue (I have personally told him and he had one of his staff contact me about it)

The fact, in my humble opinion is that the senior management have no intention of ensuring BB continues to support its users by making phones that are fit for purpose.

I have already stated my company is by no means a large consumer of BB hardware, but we are one of the Worlds leading independent providers of security assessments and efficacy assurance (to much bigger companies than BB) - and we use BB because its secure - the bad guys (threat actors as we call them) don't like what we do, so we get hit about 250 times / day, in an attempt to prevent us from revealing threats and providing solutions.

BBs lack of response to out communications, our offers of help has lead me to make the decision to drop them. Once the next version of ios is released, we will swap to Apple - as I suspect the vast majority of BB users will.

I take no joy in saying this, but BB is finished. I cant reveal the name, but another user, who has security at there core has just told me that due to the behaviour of BB, they have no faith in them and have dropped them already, because in their words "it does not make sense to invest in a technology that has no future" - no future, not because of BB10, but due to the way the company is being "run".

Reminds me of a scene from "Black Adder"

"Bob Parkhurst: I want to see how a war is fought, so badly.

Captain Blackadder: Well, you've come to the right place, Bob. A war hasn't been fought this badly since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all the vikings, accidentally ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside."

Or another line from Blade Runner "Tine to die"

Clearly, all this is just my humble opinion - but I still maintain with Chen at the helm, BB will no longer build handsets in 2016......
    Boy are you pissed. My att version is flawless.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    12-23-15 09:13 AM
    Is this the new Passport with the rounded corners? If so, this just goes to show that its not the fault of the I-Beam frame on the standard device, but Chens decision to use substandard adhesives.

My red passport fell apart like this within about a week.

I am in the process of ensuring all staff in my company use Blackberry phones (the OS is VERY secure) - but we cant be dealing with such low quality, so I think I will get our CTO to look at halting this and take a look at the Blackphone 2.

Chen, under your "leadership" BB has sold fewer handsets than under any other CEO. (anyone doubting this, check the figures)

"To spoil the ship for a ha�porth of tar"

Such a shame.
    You software guys are all the same you think hardware has to always be perfect and is always made flawless. Never has and never will! Geeezzz.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    seanpriest likes this.
    12-23-15 09:18 AM
    I replaced my screen and discovered the small area that is used to hold the screen in with two sided tape. It is poorly designed. I put super glue in when I replaced the screen and even then the area where they bond is so small that it didn't stay down.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 10:09 AM
    just used a tiny drop of Gorilla glue in the corner. seems to have worked so far

Randy
    05-05-16 06:12 PM
    Super glue worked for me. Used a small plastic screwdriver to lift the screen ia little higher in my case the bottom right of the screen and put in a few drops of Krazy glue. Worked perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 08:45 PM
139 ... 456