Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if there is a quick way to lock the passport? I know if you hold the power button you can activate the lock that way but that's too long.
    Is there not a icon you can press that turns it on? Like some sort of quick action?

With the blackberry cases it has them magnets inside that auto lock when you put the phone in...unfortunately there is no cases available yet here in the UK

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 12:48 PM
    Pressing and holding the power button and then tapping the lock icon is the only method I'm aware of for BlackBerry 10 currently.. it really only takes a second so it works for me but I know more keyboard shortcuts are supposed to be coming back in 10.3.1, there's a good chance that'll include the ability to lock the device by holding down a letter (was it the L?) from the BBOS days to the keyboard devices, Q10. Q5 and passport.
    09-30-14 01:37 PM
    If I press and hold the power button I get a choice of restart or cancel. Is that right?

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    09-30-14 01:58 PM
    If I press and hold the power button I get a choice of restart or cancel. Is that right?

Yes but if you have a password setup it will also say lock phone too.

Well i hope they bring a shortcut or icon out because on the legacy devices there used to be a icon that would lock the phone, don't know where it's gone now in the new bb10

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:14 PM

Yes but if you have a password setup it will also say lock phone too.

^ what he said.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:17 PM
    I have my lock time out set to 1 minute as well as my screen time out to 30 seconds. I so not think that I need to lock it, since it does it in such a short period... I never saw the need to lock my phone, since it always locked itself when I put it in any of my pockets.

Pressing the power button and locking is not a big issue..... however I know what you mean...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 and z30
    09-30-14 02:22 PM
    I have my lock time out set to 1 minute as well as my screen time out to 30 seconds. I so not think that I need to lock it, since it does it in such a short period... I never saw the need to lock my phone, since it always locked itself when I put it in any of my pockets.

Pressing the power button and locking is not a big issue..... however I know what you mean...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 and z30
    Exactly what i have done. But still have that one min to touch something. Just a simpler way tbh that could be quicker.
    Only saying this because I don't have my case that always auto locks it.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:26 PM