It's unbelievable, Passport been released more than 2 months ago. Not even a release date acknowledgment. This is an issue. Exclusivity my #$$.
    Please save me the just buy it unlocked, that's not the point.

Posted via CB10
    edwinsberry likes this.
    12-19-14 12:04 PM
    AT&T and VZW don't give a rat's backside about BlackBerry.
    Carl Estes, ponpiri and NtotheK like this.
    12-19-14 12:09 PM
    At least VZW got the Qi version of the Z30........
    And I am surprised that the Passport doesn't have it.....
    12-19-14 12:11 PM
    Actually a story isn't a bad idea.

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    ponpiri and crimsonking like this.
    12-19-14 12:15 PM
    It's unbelievable, Passport been released more than 2 months ago. Not even a release date acknowledgment. This is an issue. Exclusivity my #$$.
    I agree. I have bugged my AT&T rep about the Passport, and then yesterday about the Classic. I even explained in my email that some AT&T Corporate guy was at the Classic rollout and said they (AT&T) would be carrying it.

So far, no response....
    12-19-14 12:18 PM
    When will they let go of the exclusive grasp on these phones (Verizon - Z30 / AT&T - Passport). It's not helping them and it seems to be hurting BlackBerry, somewhat. Been with AT&T forever and I would like the option to get at the Z30. Don't care about a contract cause these carrier are variants of a single species.

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    geekaren likes this.
    12-19-14 12:51 PM
    When will they let go of the exclusive grasp on these phones (Verizon - Z30 / AT&T - Passport). It's not helping them and it seems to be hurting BlackBerry, somewhat. Been with AT&T forever and I would like the option to get at the Z30. Don't care about a contract cause these carrier are variants of a single species.

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    I don't follow. You said you don't care about a contract and you would like the option to buy the Z30 for AT&T.

Just go buy a Z30 then. So confused.
    thedose likes this.
    12-19-14 03:51 PM
    I'm sure if the good folks at CB knew anything they would report. They can't just write an article that says BlackBerry Passport exclusive AT&T does not have the phone yet. That's not really news.

Posted via CB Z30
    12-19-14 04:04 PM
    I'm sure if the good folks at CB knew anything they would report. They can't just write an article that says BlackBerry Passport exclusive AT&T does not have the phone yet. That's not really news.

Posted via CB Z30
    You have no idea what kind of effort was put in to find anything, you just don't know. Getting out of the comfortable box to try finding out what's the deal is an option CB can pick up or not. Bottom line, the situation with at&t is a lame one and might call for a journalist Investigation. Much more important and interesting then some of the other stuff you read around here.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:16 PM
    I think a good article that sheds light on this matter would be beneficial for everyone who's hoping it would be launch on ATT. At least let the people know what's going on instead of them 2nd guess Blackberry all the time.
    crimsonking likes this.
    12-19-14 04:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Months ago my AT&T rep told me not to expect any new BBRY phones until the Z10 2 year refresh cycle was up. That would be March 2015. She said it could change but that was the roadmap.
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-19-14 04:27 PM
    I would love to see an article from CB.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:51 PM
    There's no exclusivity other than only a GSM variant of the Passport has been made and AT&T was the only GSM carrier in the US that didn't (pretty much literally) give BlackBerry the middle finger (and that doesn't rely on the crutch of WiFi calling to fulfill its core functionality as a phone).

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 11:00 PM
    Months ago my AT&T rep told me not to expect any new BBRY phones until the Z10 2 year refresh cycle was up. That would be March 2015. She said it could change but that was the roadmap.
    I don't know if that is true, but that totally makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 11:06 PM
    I don't think there ever was an exclusivity, rather it was by default. They didn't want to make a CDMA version because it would not let them move inventory around the world.
    They don't get along with TMO, so all that was really left was AT&T!

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    12-20-14 01:13 AM
    AT&T will not sell any Blackberry since they have huge sale committments to fulfill for the Iphone. Fortunately the authorities in Canada are looking into Apple's business practices with carriere right now and the US could follow soon. In the end Apple could end up paying fines that dwarfs that ones in the INTC/ AMD case

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 03:12 AM
    I am not sure how many of you saw that CIO conference thing where Chen talked about security but in that Chen makes a remark even he doesn't know when AT&T will have it in stores. That being said he did mention it will be somewhere around CES time. So there is nothing scandalous here but clearly BlackBerry is in no position to dictate the terms on this one.

Found the video after a bit of searching
    Jump to 21:00 mins where he talks about the Passport.

ponpiri likes this.
    12-20-14 03:51 AM