I've never had a QWERTY phone, and never wanted one. Until now. I think the Passport may join my Z10 and Z30.

And as an aside, I see this being a major ball out of the park for BlackBerry.

Any touch screen users with me?

Posted via CB10
    2vince6 likes this.
    06-20-14 12:23 PM
    Had qwerty phones before and liked them but love the Z10 and Z30 more.
    So no on the Passport for me...I think I'll pass.
    But hey! I hope this is a HOME RUN for BlackBerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-20-14 12:27 PM
    I'll grab one!! I've been finding my love for the keyboard much stronger that the love for the screen relestate. I went back to my Z30 lasted 2 days and now back on the Q10.

Posted Via my ? Q10 ?
    06-20-14 12:29 PM
    Haven't had a physical keyboard since my blackberry curve but the more I look at the passport the more I'm wanting it! That is, unless the z50 is just totally irresistible!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 12:31 PM
    I think it may be a hit with nerds and enterprise. Consumers, not so much.
    06-20-14 12:35 PM
    Haven't had a physical keyboard since my blackberry curve but the more I look at the passport the more I'm wanting it! That is, unless the z50 is just totally irresistible!

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you. If the Z50 comes out with a larger screen than the Z30, I may end up buying it and the Passport now!
    06-20-14 12:38 PM
    What I like is that it's different from any other phone! I think that alone will create some buzz with the consumers.

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    06-20-14 12:39 PM
    I think it may be a hit with nerds and enterprise. Consumers, not so much.
    It will be interesting, who it sells to. Personally, I see a market for it with many people that have used and liked QWERTY's in the past. With the Amazon app market and this large QWERTY hitting later this year, it could be a game changer for BlackBerry.
    06-20-14 12:41 PM
    It will be interesting, who it sells to. Personally, I see a market for it with many people that have used and liked QWERTY's in the past. With the Amazon app market and this large QWERTY hitting later this year, it could be a game changer for BlackBerry.
    I guess we will see. It's no media device with the 1:1 aspect ratio and screen. So I don't think man consumers will be drawn to it all. At least not the majority who never did own and left qwerty devices for iPhones and androids.
    06-20-14 12:45 PM
    I agree! I love my z30 but prior to purchasing it I toyed around with the q10 and I really started to miss the physical keyboard. It was the small screen size that ultimately led me to the z30. The passport combines the best of both worlds IMO.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 12:45 PM
    I agree! I love my z30 but prior to purchasing it I toyed around with the q10 and I really started to miss the physical keyboard. It was the small screen size that ultimately led me to the z30. The passport combines the best of both worlds IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like it might sell to some loyal users. Anyone beyond that?
    06-20-14 12:48 PM
    Sounds like it might sell to some loyal users. Anyone beyond that?
    Those looking for something different is what I'm guessing. When I got my 1st smartphone in 2003 it was a first generation t-mobile sidekick. People (who had Motorola razr's and traditional flip phones) thought I looked crazy holding such a huge device up to my ear (especially with the screen flipped out) those same people eventually moved away from traditional phones and started rocking sidekicks and before you knew it everyone had smartphones and back then they were all big and bulky. My point being that what blackberry has done is created a device that is different and that uniqueness is what will draw the consumers in.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    06-20-14 12:58 PM
    Those looking for something different is what I'm guessing. When I got my 1st smartphone in 2003 it was a first generation t-mobile sidekick. People (who had Motorola razr's and traditional flip phones) thought I looked crazy holding such a huge device up to my ear (especially with the screen flipped out) those same people eventually moved away from traditional phones and started rocking sidekicks and before you knew it everyone had smartphones and back then they were all big and bulky. My point being that what blackberry has done is created a device that is different and that uniqueness is what will draw the consumers in.

Posted via CB10
    Also, prior to the blackberry pearl all smartphones utilized a full qwerty and were large. The pearl introduced the "suretype" keyboard in a small form factor. And for a device that was made for email and Web browsing it seemed illogical. But as we know the pearl became a huge hit and sold extremely well! So different when done correctly can pay dividends.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 01:17 PM
    Sign me up.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    06-20-14 01:20 PM
    I myself haven't been this excited for a device to be released since the introduction of the storm. Although, I was looking forward to the z30 I wouldn't say I was excited as it was another smartphone with a large touch screen. Now the passport has me seriously wanting to see how it's uniqueness feels in hand!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 01:26 PM
    I'll stay away from the predictions, time will tell. This device is The One for me. I just hope BlackBerry sells the unlocked version on their website.

Posted one-handed via Q10
    knownastron likes this.
    06-20-14 01:40 PM
    I guess we will see. It's no media device with the 1:1 aspect ratio and screen. So I don't think man consumers will be drawn to it all. At least not the majority who never did own and left qwerty devices for iPhones and androids.
    I would have to disagree with you on the point of screen ratio. It is a 1:1 ratio but at the same time significantly larger than the Q10 screen so I would definitely class it as a media device. My first BlackBerry was the Z10 then I moved over to the Q10 because I preferred the battery life but missed the larger screen on the Z10 so after I try the Passport in my hands and I am happy with it, I will be looking to grab one. Pricing will oat definitely affect my final decision though. Hopefully BB get it right.
    06-20-14 02:05 PM
    I've never had a QWERTY phone, and never wanted one. Until now. I think the Passport may join my Z10 and Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same way. Could be my first qwerty phone.
    06-20-14 02:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    The lack of a full keyboard makes the BB Classic much more attractive, but I am a power message user.
    06-20-14 02:20 PM
    I might also give this Qwablet a try.. although, on the initial pictures i have spoken my mind that it looks ugly but JC can be persuasive.
    06-20-14 04:59 PM
    I've been on the z10 since the day it came out and I'll be getting the passport on day one too! It looks promising

Posted via CB10
    tatail and jupiter8 like this.
    06-20-14 05:24 PM
    Yeah the first time I saw it I also thought it as ugly but it's already grown on me. It may not be my primary device but I certainly want one.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:02 PM
    I might also give this Qwablet a try.. although, on the initial pictures i have spoken my mind that it looks ugly but JC can be persuasive.
    And it is another sign of JC stepping up and being bold in his moves. I think this one will pay off.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:04 PM
    What people don't understand is that, it's true that it's a much bigger screen than the q10, but it's still a 1:1 while most android apps are designed for 16:9 and on the q10 and the upcoming passport, it will still cut the upper and lower part of those apps to fit to the screen resolution and in many cases that renders the app useless, for example a silly app called "SMTH" (Unless the passport is willing to sacrifice some of the screen width to show more content in a different scale) but until then, that is a major issue with the 1:1 screens, that will always leave me wanting a qwerty keyboard with a 16:9 resolution, or a more reasonable 4:3...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:07 PM