I had a passport that seem to have cosmetic defect on the back. It was all around the BlackBerry logo in a circular fashion. It was a different shade of black and jagged/irregular, somewhat like a watermark. Has anyone had this problem? I have refunded the phone, since Telus won't let me exchange it as it was not a functional defect.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:15 PM
    Can you post some pictures so we can see what you mean?
    09-30-14 10:27 PM
    Bla1ze talked about that in his review, but he thought it was from use

You're saying yours came out of the box like that?

How hard is it to remove the battery door? I wouldn't mind if BlackBerry switched the door material altogether.
    09-30-14 10:34 PM
    Bla1ze talked about that in his review, but he thought it was from use
    I think it's different from the review... It wasn't circular, because he said it was made by his fingers.
    10-01-14 03:38 AM
    yeah I think its the same as blaze's review:
    http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...sport_Spot.jpg

its really ugly, any idea if they will fix it?
    10-01-14 05:55 AM
    I can't see it. But the material BlackBerry used for the back of this phone is stupid.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    10-01-14 07:49 AM
    There is a halo around the BlackBerry logo

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:51 AM
    I have it and the irregular pattern. Gets worse when phone is warm. Otherwise phone is perfect. Waiting for my flip with the adhesive. Will never see it again.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:21 AM
    Is it just a residue or reaction from the plastic cellophane they put over the logo to protect it in shipment? Try using something to clean it off like one one the cell phone cleaning sprays.
    10-01-14 09:14 AM
    I noticed this on mine, and it came off really easily when I cleaned the back with Stardrops. For those outside the UK, Stardrops is just an all round cleaner. It's kind of like an oily gel that cleans pretty much everything.

Anyway, the weird circular (ish) mark disappeared completely. I'm assuming it's just a result of oils from your fingers when using it.

JB
    10-01-14 09:50 AM
    There is a halo around the BlackBerry logo

Posted via CB10
    I see it now. I thought it was an actual halo around the logo elements. Instead, it is a giant circle in the center of the back of the phone. FYI, that's not a halo. But still looks bad.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    10-01-14 10:04 AM
    I've had the same issue, have contacted BlackBerry and they have offered to replace the device free of charge.. Amazing.
    10-08-14 02:24 PM
    I've had the same issue, have contacted BlackBerry and they have offered to replace the device free of charge.. Amazing.
    It's on every passport

Posted via CB10
    s2by10 likes this.
    10-08-14 02:26 PM
    Is it just a residue or reaction from the plastic cellophane they put over the logo to protect it in shipment? Try using something to clean it off like one one the cell phone cleaning sprays.
    Totally agree. Used that solution and it all came off. I for one, like the material used on the back of the PassPort.
    10-08-14 02:28 PM
    Totally agree. Used that solution and it all came off. I for one, like the material used on the back of the PassPort.
    I find I can clean it off but it always comes back

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:30 PM
    Same here but only visible on certain angles...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:31 PM
    I just stared at mine for a good 5 minutes and I cannot see anything. Maybe I'm just blind. I have the hard shell case on it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:35 PM
    I noticed it on the first day I had mine... can barely notice it now, only under certain light and angels. Personally, I think its form the oil in my fingers being absorbed into the rubber like backing. It seems to go away, or become less noticeable, if I try to wipe it off.
    10-08-14 02:36 PM
    It appears when your hands are a bit wet or oily, and it's always the exact same pattern

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:40 PM
    I think I see it but honestly I don't really care.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:47 PM
    I just stared at mine for a good 5 minutes and I cannot see anything. Maybe I'm just blind. I have the hard shell case on it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, I see it now. It shows more when in cross light. Also, if you exhale on it (like when you need to clean your glasses), the humidity really makes it pop out.

Obviously has something to do with the adhesive used to place the BlackBerry symbol. Kinda looks like a quick "wipe" mark of some sort. Although it could simply be showing the shape of the adhesive splotch as it cured through some heating process.

Either way,.. barely noticeable (especially next to the terrible finger grease marks), and the hard shell does well to hide it... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:53 PM
    It shouldn't be..
    10-14-14 02:45 PM
    Yes, i noticed the same from day 2!
    I think it comes from the oil of the fingers while using the phone. I clean it with a soft textile each day but then it comes back...
    However I like the feeling of the material used in the back of the phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-15-14 12:48 PM
    Guys come on! Didn't pay attention to it. I do now :P

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 01:16 PM