Long story short, I lost my Z30… It was my second BB10 phone after I sold my Z10 to upgrade.

As a replacement I grabbed a good local deal on an iPhone 6 to get myself up and running quickly. Its OK compared to my Z30, but there are tradeoffs. I'm liking the overall smoother more polished OS feel of the iPhone, while missing the Hub, messaging light. The iPhone is fast… Overall? I could take or leave either one...

I'm not a heavy app user. I use it as a communications/messaging device. I'm fine with the standard included apps, and probably just a few others provided the web experience of the Passport is exceptional. Even on my Z30 I would often prefer using a screen icon bookmark to using an app. I actually preferred the web versions to many of even the best apps. (Many apps are just re-packaged web content anyway..) For Example a CNN or BBC screen icon bookmark as opposed to the actual app. I'm fine without updates as long as what comes out of the box continues working going forward, and I have continued good, smooth web access.

There are only a few apps I need. Naver Line being one of them because living in Asia Line is one of the major messaging platforms. The Android version worked fine on my Z30.

A few questions to existing Passport users coming from either previous BB10 phones or an iPhone:

1) Is the web experience on the Passport much better than that on the Z30? Faster? Smoother? Much easier to read/web-browse than a rectangular screen?

2) Overall is the Passport a noticeably faster and smoother experience than the Z30?

3) Any other thoughts/considerations from people who have used both an iPhone and a Passport?

Thanks in advance!
    03-21-16 06:05 PM
    If you don't need a ton of apps, and the z30 had what you need, you will likely love the Passport.
    I also have a Lumia 640 which has the same screen size and resolution as a z30 and the Passport is so much better, except for video.

Browsing works very well and you will probably love the scrolling keyboard.
    All in all, the Passport was a big step up from the z10, so I would imagine that it improves a lot on the z30 as well.

Also, the quad core is a lot better for the occasional Android app as well.

Posted via CB10
    Edwin Ginanjar likes this.
    03-21-16 06:13 PM
    I followed the same evolution as you: Z10, Z30 and now Passport.
    The Z30 was a great phone, and I occasionally find myself going back to it, but mostly only for nostalgia or form factor.

The Passport is a much more powerful and quality feeling phone. The screen size and keyboard are an absolute treat for browsing and messaging (not so much for media). It is snappy and comfortable, attractive and confident.

Apps have hardly ever been an issue for me with BB10, so the Passport is absolutely perfect for me.

My only knock would be watching videos or looking at 16x9 photos, but any rectangular slab will fill that void for you, especially with the Passports sharing and connecting abilities.

I will also add that I miss the screen on the Z30. It wasn't the brightest or sharpest, but the colours are beautiful. Passport only slightly beats it out for overall viewing quality.
    Last edited by bspence87; 03-21-16 at 07:19 PM.
    03-21-16 06:49 PM
    The Passport is a safe bet. It's like a mini laptop.
    03-21-16 08:38 PM
    I don't need to take my laptop with me on trips now excepts to watch media and sports on the larger screen. The Passport is a beast!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    BigBrownBirdDog likes this.
    03-21-16 09:47 PM
    Understated statement!
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    03-22-16 02:49 AM
    Z10 to Passport. The Z was the best phone I had ever used until I got the Passport.

FWIW, you will get a LOT of attention when people see your Passport in the wild, the reception has been all positive. Casual observers are wow'ed by this device. Amazing BlackBerry hasn't sold more of them.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 07:56 AM
    Do it. It's the highest spec BB10 that will ever be made.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 01:33 PM
    Then there is the "wow" factor! Just went shopping and at the checkout I handed my Passport to the cashier so she could scan my optimum card for bonus points and she proclaims loudly "wow what a nice phone!". Happens a lot.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2813 Winnipeg,MB
    03-22-16 03:38 PM
    Short life ahead for BlackBerry Passport sadly...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 04:09 PM
    Do it. It's the highest spec BB10 that will ever be made.

Posted via CB10
    Diddo...You will not regret it
    03-22-16 04:26 PM
    Consider it done...you won't regret it. It's a great device. Buy it and enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 04:31 PM
    Short life ahead for BlackBerry Passport sadly...

Posted via CB10
    Out from under your bridge I see........

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    03-22-16 05:15 PM
    Overall, this phone is quite decent. There are a few limitations but you'll definitely encounter them. It does everything I need better than average but never perfectly.

This phone is actually quite fantastic and no longer receiving continual support from software developers really becomes noticeable.

You'll always find a really good, if not better alternative for most things, but it turns out you have to manually customize a lot of things.

I feel like I never get the full package and shortchanged with this phone.

This includes the physical keyboard.

A lot of people said they've been much happier with the SE so I cannot comment as I've only owned the OG.

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    03-22-16 07:47 PM
    I used a Passport for a year and found it extremely good. Multitasking and text input was awesome as well as the Web browser experience. Found replacement for all my former iPhone apps too. Line also works well.
    Now, after an accident I had to get a one hand phone so now I use a Classic in the meantime.
    The Passport is a 2 hand device.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 08:34 PM
    I have been using the Passport since September 2014. The device is amazing. IMO it is the most suitable business phone ever made. Multitasking, opening and viewing the attachments has been very easy. Passport technically is the best ever phone by BlackBerry. The OS10 has its limitations like weak app eco system, updates are very few. For me I am not bothered about it as it doesn't affect my business at all and neither does it have any affect on the device performance. Decide your priorities and go for the best device which suits you the most. Passport will never disappoint that I am sure.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    03-23-16 01:47 AM