I will be giving a presentation soon, and I want to run it off my Passport. The projector I will be using is a few years old, so no HDMI input, and no wireless capability. What cable/device can I use for this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    02-05-15 03:38 PM
    Does it use vga?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 03:54 PM
    I will be giving a presentation soon, and I want to run it off my Passport. The projector I will be using is a few years old, so no HDMI input, and no wireless capability. What cable/device can I use for this?

Thanks in advance.

As Dave has suggested above, SlimPort to VGA is probably your best bet. I've worked with a lot of different, older projectors over the last few years and I have never seen one without VGA since that was the standard for hooking up devices to projectors before HDMI came out.

I've attached a pic and the link of the one from BlackBerry's website just to give you an idea of what it looks like. I'm pretty sure you can find one elsewhere online for cheaper.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=vlO9LEqs

Connecting a Passport to an older projector-img_20150205_160855.png
    Dave Bourque and ALToronto like this.
    02-05-15 05:13 PM
    You can read more about slimport http://www.slimportconnect.com/

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    02-05-15 05:21 PM
    I have that slimport to vga adapter and it works great. I run some powerpoint demonstrations from it and have never had an issue. I also ordered the hdmi adapter but have not tried it yet.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    02-05-15 05:39 PM
    Thank you, and I'm sure it has a VGA port, but it has USB as well. So should I use Slimport to USB or a straight micro-USB cable? And would I be able to plug a Miracast dongle into a USB port on the projector?

02-05-15 06:00 PM
    Thank you, and I'm sure it has a VGA port, but it has USB as well. So should I use Slimport to USB or a straight micro-USB cable? And would I be able to plug a Miracast dongle into a USB port on the projector?

To clarify:
    - The SlimPort/micro usb connection on the phone > SlimPort to VGA adapter mentioned above > VGA cable > VGA connection on the projector will provide the appropriate video signal to the projector.
    - You can not use just a standard micro usb cable from the phone to the projector for the video signal since this connection would be for sending data, not a display video signal.
    - I'm not sure if the Miracast option you mentioned will work since I have not played around with this feature on any projectors. Somebody else will have to answer that for you.
    Last edited by ryeguyyyc; 02-05-15 at 06:23 PM.
    ALToronto likes this.
    02-05-15 06:10 PM

Miracast in the USB port? Tricky. The projector I have also has a USB port, but that is for accessing files to display, jpgs and such. I don't think it will be able to accept a video signal, but I could be wrong. However, if it doesn't have HDMI, I would think it is not a very recent model, and I don't think video-over-USB by way of Miracast was an option at that time.
    ALToronto likes this.
    02-06-15 03:24 AM