Well as the title says, i am a bit confused if buying passport now is a good option. I have a Q10 and need to upgrade but all these rumours of android bb is holding me back. Issue is i am not sure what bb will do with bb10 os. Will they push a update that will run android or play store or they will make a new android phone all together.
    I do want to buy passport but knowing a new platform will take over bb scares me as it could even mean end of bb10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 01:41 AM
    I think more than a few people are in that same conflicted situation.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-08-15 01:45 AM
    Well as the title says, i am a bit confused if buying passport now is a good option. I have a Q10 and need to upgrade but all these rumours of android bb is holding me back. Issue is i am not sure what bb will do with bb10 os. Will they push a update that will run android or play store or they will make a new android phone all together.
    I do want to buy passport but knowing a new platform will take over bb scares me as it could even mean end of bb10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    It's understood a lot of people are wondering what you are wondering and there will be an all touch android and a new flagship slider running bbos10.

I wouldn't worry because BlackBerry will continue on the bbos10 path. Go ahead and get a passport. No need to worry.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-08-15 01:59 AM
    Bb10 wil be continued and remains an awesome OS. Any android build Phone wont change that. I personally Prefer the classic over the passport tho

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:04 AM
    If you can't still decide, get a coin. If it is 'head' get a Passport. If it is 'tail' try again...

Posted via CB10
    KermEd and StayClassy101 like this.
    07-08-15 02:13 AM
    I bought my passport on a whim, I don't regret it one bit. Best phone I have ever had. I'd go for it

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:49 AM
    I'll be waiting for Oslo to come in retail stores then will decide if it is Red Passport or the Oslo for me. It's a new look with tested specs so there's nothing to worry from there. The new 10.3.2 makes the use of capacitive keyboard more fun and logical. The heck with the Androidberry phone! It's just another phone that BlackBerry will make. BB10 is alive and gets more better updates than previous. We don�t know yet what is to come, so I keep my BlackBerry investments on what is there already.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    07-08-15 04:24 AM
    Would hold out anyways. Passport is the first model of its type. And if they make another similar phone, most of the "bugs" should be worked out on a second generation model.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 05:06 AM
    Does the red pp differ from the black one? I read it is more plasticky -the trim whereas the black is metal??

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 05:17 AM
    I do hope they release android (if they are going full android) over software update as well somehow so we dont miss it. Dont want to buy a phone just to find out that bb10 os wont be supported.
    As per rumours and news published in reddit, bb slider is android with bb security features.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:04 AM
    Buy now. Sell later.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-08-15 10:13 AM
    Well, if the Android hybrid comes to fruition - which it will on a long enough timeline. Your solid BB10 device won't go anywhere and you'll still have access to everything you do today.

The only thing that could be really painful is if they block consumer BlackBerry World submissions.

07-08-15 10:25 AM
    I do hope they release android (if they are going full android) over software update as well somehow so we dont miss it. Dont want to buy a phone just to find out that bb10 os wont be supported.
    As per rumours and news published in reddit, bb slider is android with bb security features.

Posted via CB10
    Security features? How can android have security features? If they release an android product, BlackBerry will sabotage what customer base they have.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:41 PM
    Security features? How can android have security features? If they release an android product, BlackBerry will sabotage what customer base they have.

Posted via CB10
    Google would pay a fair amount to blur that line. http://el.blackberry.com/googleandroid

07-11-15 12:12 AM