So i jumped ship from the iPhone because i got bored with it and moved on to the S6 Edge. The battery life, lag and a few other things had me cursing that device and I decided to buy the Passport after reading extremely great reviews about the phone. Now I own my small business, and the blackberry was touted as the best productivity device but I now find out that there isn't even a Paypal, Bank of America app for the phone. Or is there some weird wacky way to get those on the phone? Please help. I constantly need to make payments on the go.
    08-27-15 01:00 PM
    Sideload Snap or download from the Amazon app store that's preloaded on your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-27-15 01:05 PM
    I have Palpal installed from Snap and it works fine. Not sure about B of A but the Chase app from Snap works flawlessly.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    08-27-15 01:10 PM
    You dont need an app for that, I just go to the browser and login. You can have the icons in your home screen as browser favorites. You could also try amazon app store.
    rkakkar likes this.
    08-27-15 01:13 PM
    I downloaded PayPal from Play store (downloaded from the Android landing page in these forums) and it works great. As another user said, not sure about BofA app but Chase from playstore works fine.

The Passport takes a bit of effort to get Android apps working on it but once you get what you need on there it's the best phone for productivity.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    08-27-15 01:17 PM
    Most of these services has a mobile website which works the same as their apps. Try that first, otherwise there are many ways to install the android apps for them, it's not very complicated.
    08-27-15 01:30 PM
    I can't find paypal in the Amazon app store and the snap version asks me for google play services...
    08-27-15 01:34 PM
    I downloaded PayPal from Play store (downloaded from the Android landing page in these forums) and it works great. As another user said, not sure about BofA app but Chase from playstore works fine.

The Passport takes a bit of effort to get Android apps working on it but once you get what you need on there it's the best phone for productivity.

Could you please direct me to this said landing page...
    08-27-15 03:32 PM
    Bank of America app does work well. I have it on my Z30. I also have the PayPal app and it works fine. Many times, when you see that dialog box pop up stating that the app needs Google Play Services to run, you can simply close the dialog box and proceed as normal. The app still runs fine. Doesn't work with every app, but with most.
    08-27-15 03:37 PM
    when you see that dialog box pop up stating that the app needs Google Play Services to run, you can simply close the dialog box and proceed as normal.
    Or download the apk file (BofA apk) from the play store using third party websites (Google: apk downloader) then download GMAPS Patcher. Patch the apk file using the patcher and follow the instructions how to remove play services. Copy the patched apk on your device. Open the patched apk file using the File Manager and install. No more Google play services pop-ups and ads.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    PaoloSv and j21jam6 like this.
    08-27-15 03:48 PM
    So i jumped ship from the iPhone because i got bored with it and moved on to the S6 Edge. The battery life, lag and a few other things had me cursing that device and I decided to buy the Passport after reading extremely great reviews about the phone. Now I own my small business, and the blackberry was touted as the best productivity device but I now find out that there isn't even a Paypal, Bank of America app for the phone. Or is there some weird wacky way to get those on the phone? Please help. I constantly need to make payments on the go.
    totally just use the android ports. problem solved.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-27-15 04:39 PM
    Could you please direct me to this said landing page...
    Here are the three threads that are must reads. Always read the first post completely and follow the instructions.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/
    08-27-15 04:48 PM
    and here's the How To for installing the Snap store: How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com
    PaoloSv likes this.
    08-27-15 04:57 PM
    BOfA app works fine, downloaded from the Play Store.

Posted via Blackberry Passport Black Edition
    08-27-15 05:17 PM
    I use the B of A app almost on a daily basis. I even deposit checks with the app and it works fine.
    I downloaded it from1MobileMarket.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 05:19 PM
    Paypal built into BBM in the works,
    I can't tell if it is for Canadian's only, which I think is the case but, it's supposed to also eventually come to USA.
    BBM with PayPal integration now available in the Beta Zone for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    08-27-15 06:33 PM
    This thread is the perfect example of why BlackBerry needs Android. Just read the OP, then tell me that the 10+ odd responses constitute an okay state of affairs for BlackBerry. Basic stuff that takes a few seconds on another platform requires reading literature on BlackBerry.

Your best bet OP is to look at Cobalt's Google Play Store, get it going, then just get your apps from there as you would on an Android device. 95%+ of apps will work without issues.

Posted via CB10
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    08-27-15 06:41 PM
    They need to pay 50 key developers to make 50 killer apps. They don't need Android, they need the apps. They also need to advertise the crap out of BlackBerry. Get people's attention. Windows phone has apps. BlackBerry should have apps.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5830442), mmrshll and acovey like this.
    08-27-15 06:53 PM
    Don't get me wrong I use snap to download Android apps. But that is a lot of hassle to go thru just to install apps on a BB. Most people would not go through that & just buy an IPhone or S6 for the same price as a BB device. I know trying to install that G play services is one giant hassle.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    08-27-15 07:29 PM

May I have your BBM pin?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 08:28 PM
    This thread is the perfect example of why BlackBerry needs Android. Just read the OP, then tell me that the 10+ odd responses constitute an okay state of affairs for BlackBerry. Basic stuff that takes a few seconds on another platform requires reading literature on BlackBerry.

Your best bet OP is to look at Cobalt's Google Play Store, get it going, then just get your apps from there as you would on an Android device. 95%+ of apps will work without issues.

Posted via CB10
    I don't need android. Just have the website on homescreen.

Jaglenn's Passport
    08-27-15 10:02 PM
    Alright, thank you guys. I'll give the whole cobalt thing a shot. In regards to using mobile website, things are more faster and streamlined in the app.
    08-28-15 12:26 AM
    Just adding another "BoA" works fine on my Passport. No need to patch this one.
    As far as websites vs apps the only website that I use instead of the app is Facebook. The Facebook app is sub-par, the website is better.
    Before you install the Cobalt Suite of Android (as I like to call it) make sure you are running the BB10 version 10.3xxx or higher.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-28-15 03:03 AM
    There is a weird wacky way to get those apps on your phone. thats the problem
    08-28-15 06:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just an observation.

I read the OP and my professional analysis is the use won't be happy no matter what. The original device had just about everything, and he was "bored". Sounds to me like work-arounds and tinkering are right up his alley.
    08-29-15 09:13 AM
33 12