I'm just as excited about this truly innovative product as the other BlackBerry fan, but the following article shocked me a bit.
    I don't just browse crackberry as my source of BlackBerry news, I also go to N4BB, and they posted something worrying : a Swiss retailer posted a price for the passport and Classic on their website. They will presumably charge the equivalent of a 1000 US dollars for the passport and about 800 dollars for the classic.
    I know that the BlackBerry passport is amazing and innovative but a 1000 bucks? Wow! That is not cheap!! And 800 for the classic, which has relatively low specifications. I hope this is very much exaggerated!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 04:11 PM
    You see these BS prices everywhere before release. Wait until release and then you find its much lower. I am guessing standard 550-650 for passport and 450-550 for classic starting out
    07-21-14 04:21 PM
    I am guessing 799 ish for the Passport.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-21-14 04:24 PM
    OP, you know what "rumors" mean right?
    The only thing we know is how the device looks...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 04:40 PM
    It won't be a cheap device and with initial demand for the first batches high, retailers will be able to afford a good markup. Could definitely see it at 1K for markets that have alot of taxes.
    07-21-14 04:58 PM
    Yeah I don't listen or worry about unofficial prices allways wait till the official prices then see and take it from there.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 04:58 PM
    I expect it to be the most expensive blackberry in the line
    07-21-14 05:03 PM
    Keep in mind that any product like a phone, car, electronic goods, etc vary greatly in price by region. Especially when countries have heavy VAT/duties.

Therefore I would never look at what the price for something is in Switzerland and extrapolate to what it will sell for in N.A. or the rest of the world for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:09 PM
    I'm just as excited about this truly innovative product as the other BlackBerry fan, but the following article shocked me a bit.
    I don't just browse crackberry as my source of BlackBerry news, I also go to N4BB, and they posted something worrying : a Swiss retailer posted a price for the passport and Classic on their website. They will presumably charge the equivalent of a 1000 US dollars for the passport and about 800 dollars for the classic.
    I know that the BlackBerry passport is amazing and innovative but a 1000 bucks? Wow! That is not cheap!! And 800 for the classic, which has relatively low specifications. I hope this is very much exaggerated!

Posted via CB10
    swedish, no swiss
    and not retailer - business solutions.
    07-21-14 06:36 PM
    899 for passport 799 for classic, rogers after all are money hungry and probably like the media says thinks BB is dead anyways.
    07-22-14 12:27 AM
    I'm guessing it would be the same price as Note 4.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-22-14 12:29 AM
    As a business person and savvy consumer, everything I am looking to buy now and into the future better be "value added" or I am not buying it. I used to be a very loyal person when it came to my auto insurance, car brand and electronics, but lately I have discovered that those folks don't give a rats *** about the consumer and its all about corporate profitability and survival, period.

The same goes for Blackberry folks, I have a set amount that I feel is a fair price for the passport and if the device is within that price window, I am all in. If not, I will simply look at another device thats priced within my budget and has the features I looking for. The days of Blackberry being a "premium brand" are long over, they are in a rebuilding phase and their devices have to be priced better then what the competition has or they will sit and collect dust on the retailers shelves. Thats just the way the current economy is at this stage of the game.
    07-22-14 07:29 AM
    Whether we like it or not, BlackBerry is still business oriented organization. If they can sell these new devices at premium prices and people will still buy them, why they would not grab the opportunity to maximize their profits.

If at premium price and sales is not good, that is the only time that company will execute Plan B.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:02 AM
    You see these BS prices everywhere before release. Wait until release and then you find its much lower. I am guessing standard 550-650 for passport and 450-550 for classic starting out
    I'm thinking $600 Classic and $650-$700 for the Passport. They should be priced as you stated, but history tells me BlackBerry will over charge at launch. Unfortunately they're not in a position to charge these premium prices anymore. Maybe they could down the road if they regain market share, but right now they need to get these in as many hands as possible. I hope you're right though.
    07-23-14 12:44 AM
    OP, if the Passport comes out of the gate out of your target price range, rest assured the price will drop in a few months. You shall have a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 01:29 AM
    Or just make more money and stop the qq
    07-23-14 01:41 AM
    I think 699 USD for passport is reasonable. And 550 for Classic.
    07-23-14 01:52 AM
    BB wants these 2 phone to sell they are not going to out price the phone so that the masses will not be able to afford them. We will just have to wait and see on the price
    07-23-14 08:35 AM
    Sounds equivalent to apple's iphone prices. I am sure with the plans they will fall into the affordable category.
    This is going to be the high end, specific market-base phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 09:10 AM