Okay so I had to swipe my phone and everyone knows it sucks....

Computer wouldn't recognize phone so I didn't even back it up... I hope I still have my Q10 backup which would help a lot...

But for now, my computer doesn't find my passport and I googled... can't find any help!

Link is up to date, drivers as well... i uninstalled and reinstalled everything and nothing shows up

I get this message as well, One of the USB devices attached has malfunfctionned and windows does not recognize it.

Please crackberry help me!
    05-29-15 10:03 PM
    Have you tried another cable and/or another USB port on your computer?

Also, when you plug the USB cable into your phone, is wiggling freely? Is there a lot of play in the cable? When plugged into the Passport's USB slot there should be only a little play.

Usually when you get the "One of your USB devices has malfunctioned" error, the above is one of the causes. Could be software too, but in my experience, it's been hardware.

Check it out.

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    05-29-15 11:13 PM
    Have you tried another cable and/or another USB port on your computer?

Also, when you plug the USB cable into your phone, is wiggling freely? Is there a lot of play in the cable? When plugged into the Passport's USB slot there should be only a little play.

Usually when you get the "One of your USB devices has malfunctioned" error, the above is one of the causes. Could be software too, but in my experience, it's been hardware.

Check it out.

I tried 2 cables and I get the same thing. It charges but thats it; sometimes I will get the error saying I need to use the official cable to better recharge the phone (which I am).

The cable is wiggly when plugged in so I do as well think it is an hardware problem.

Only solution is to bring it in for warranty?
    05-29-15 11:17 PM
    Try to check your setting on 'Access using USB'... 'USB Mass Storage' should be 'ON' (if you want to access your Passport as mass storage)...

Otherwise, it is most likely a hardware related issue and repair or replacement is the only solution...

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 12:51 AM
    I tried 2 cables and I get the same thing. It charges but thats it; sometimes I will get the error saying I need to use the official cable to better recharge the phone (which I am).

The cable is wiggly when plugged in so I do as well think it is an hardware problem.

Only solution is to bring it in for warranty?
    The USB port is a five-pin port with the mounting acting as a ground. Sometimes, we (by accident) may bend or torque the cable on an angle causing the pins to remain intact but the mounting separates causing connection problems. I have broken many a port like this accidentally. It is also possible that the port was weakly soldered at the factory or the joints have gone cold and cracked on their own. It does happen.

Try the USB mass storage tip and if there is still problems, the phone will need to be serviced.

05-30-15 01:31 AM
    I find that sometimes it will take a few minutes to detect. Also be sure to use an official BlackBerry USB cable.

I hear so many complaints about Link but man it has been absolutely flawless for me. I really wonder what I do differently.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 01:38 AM
    I tried with the official cable.

I did have USB media storage ON and it still wouldnt find it.

I guess I'll be going to Rogers to get it serviced!
    05-30-15 07:59 AM