Bla 1ze, thoughts on comparison of DTEK50 security and Passport consumer version? Thanks.

Yep. A PassPort.
    08-01-16 05:23 PM
    The DTEK has Google play installed and that's it. Better spyware doesn't exist than that.
    ioan_calin and Chris Chin like this.
    08-01-16 05:55 PM
    Dtek or whatever they name it as long as it is android nothing better than bb10 security.
    08-02-16 12:17 AM
    passport it is

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 01:53 AM
    Now don't you realise what john chen had stated? He said, he is trying to make android more secure, which is not that easy at all. And, if BlackBerry is capable to do that, then the two line would merge, which probably means that BlackBerry 10 would be done! But if they cannot then they will have to reasses the situation. Now that indicates BlackBerry 10 is the most secure operating system as of now. So there's no doubt in which is more secure. Glad tidings to the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 11:12 AM
    Android without DTEK would be a nightmare! Even with DTEK, I am not sure if mobile banking apps are truly secure though.

I am ordering a DTEK because I need an Android to monitor home security system. No apps for OS10 and I WILL NOT buy an iSheep!
    08-02-16 03:50 PM
    Dtek or whatever they name it as long as it is android nothing better than bb10 security.
    01-07-17 12:12 PM
    Blackberry is eons more secure than android. Passport all day.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-07-17 04:20 PM
    No comparison.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-09-17 10:16 AM
    From what I've seen (Not my opinion or stating I agree), but...supposedly Android Nougat 7.1 allows the same exact permission controls and level of protection as the DTEK app. Now I'm not an expert and I don't know if this is true or not. That said, when I had the Pixel I did have all the same abilities with respect to Permissions and checking how often Apps accessed areas of my device etc. Its my understanding that Android Nougat stock is as secure as the DTEK devices. That said, all are Android and suffer from user naivety that can allow their devices to be exploited.

To specifically answer the question, my Opinion would be Passport is more secure than DTEK50 only if the DTEK50 is a casual user who doesn't know how to use the DTEK functionality.
    01-09-17 10:30 AM
    The word "security" is bandied about without any regard to its actual meaning.

If you mean secure against achieving a persistent root and obtaining elevated privileges, then BlackBerry Android is as secure as BB10.

If you mean being able to install system software not signed by BlackBerry, then BlackBerry Android is as secure as BB10.

If you mean self-monitoring of the integrity of the installed system files, then BlackBerry Android is as secure as BB10.

If you mean protection against someone reading your sms and emails after sending the messages, then BlackBerry Android is as secure as BB10 - which means no security beyond what is used by your provider.

If you mean control of the device, ability to deny network access, or remote wipe capabilities of the EMM software, then BlackBerry Android is as secure as BB10.

If you mean the ability of 3rd party apps to harvest your information, both BlackBerry Android and BB10 have granular permissions, but BlackBerry Android actually monitors access to those permissions.

If you mean vetting of the respective app stores, Google has a more comprehensive vetting system, and Google Play Services on the device itself, which can be updated independently of the OS, scans for known viruses and malware.

Android itself, as an open OS, has more attack vectors, but they are patched regularly, before being exposed in the real world. Plus the hardened BlackBerry Android OS is resistant to many of them already.

If you are concerned about Google's use of your information in return for the use of many apps and services, then you may wish to stay on BB10. But keep in mind that your info sits safely behind the Google firewalls, and no identifying information is provided to 3rd parties.
    anon(10101748) and Jrox74 like this.
    01-09-17 10:36 AM
    What about DTEK 50/60 vs BlackBerry Passport with Google Play Store installed?
    adamink likes this.
    01-09-17 11:23 PM
    Sethr: nothing on an Android can be considered secure. You cannot restrict the permissions that YOU want to restrict, therefore, it cannot be secure. Like going trick-or-treating with a hole in the bottom of your candy bag (with der Göögle catching everything that falls through).
    01-10-17 09:29 AM
    Sethr: nothing on an Android can be considered secure. You cannot restrict the permissions that YOU want to restrict, therefore, it cannot be secure. Like going trick-or-treating with a hole in the bottom of your candy bag (with der Göögle catching everything that falls through).
    What are you talking about?
    01-10-17 11:42 AM
    Android without DTEK would be a nightmare! Even with DTEK, I am not sure if mobile banking apps are truly secure though.

I am ordering a DTEK because I need an Android to monitor home security system. No apps for OS10 and I WILL NOT buy an iSheep!
    The android version doesn't work on your passport? Just wondering.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    01-10-17 03:52 PM
    In short an poor words he is tolking about that android phones needs google play services for every mooves, and google play services has basic settings that are not manageble by the user, which provides the total management of whatever is inserted into the phone...
    01-10-17 04:01 PM
    In short an poor words he is tolking about that android phones needs google play services for every mooves, and google play services has basic settings that are not manageble by the user, which provides the total management of whatever is inserted into the phone...
    Google Play Services also provides a lot of rich features for app developers to use, and scans for infections when installing apps.
    01-10-17 04:10 PM
    ...ALSO...but often the enemy appears your friend, and that is the case..
    01-10-17 04:32 PM
    ...ALSO...but often the enemy appears your friend, and that is the case...
    If you say so.

I prefer to look at it as a mutually beneficial relationship. I get a whole bunch of free stuff in exchange for targeted advertising. My info is secure behind Google's firewall, and no identifying information is given to 3rd parties.
    01-10-17 04:35 PM
    Yes I say and think so.... "and no identifying information is given to 3rd parties" may be ok...but the first an second part? However, everyone is free to choose ... I prefer to have total control of my phone (beyond the legal permission of control). My photos, my calendar, my appointments or my notes must remain in my phone in my pocket and not in the air of google play...
    01-10-17 04:45 PM
    Doesn't the android N have specific permission controls?
    01-10-17 05:07 PM
    Doesn't the android N have specific permission controls?
    So does M.

Their point is that they want to include the Google apps in the DTEK monitoring. My view is that when you buy a Google phone, you know what that entails.
    01-10-17 05:09 PM
    If you say so.

I prefer to look at it as a mutually beneficial relationship. I get a whole bunch of free stuff in exchange for targeted advertising. My info is secure behind Google's firewall, and no identifying information is given to 3rd parties.
    Is this what teh Google told you? There's NO way for that information to be obtained by the gvt or dirty hands? Hacked? Mined externally?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-10-17 05:15 PM
    So does M.

Their point is that they want to include the Google apps in the DTEK monitoring. My view is that when you buy a Google phone, you know what that entails.
    Well, nothing comes free. One has to choose between an array of great services on Android or a 'secure' BB10.
    01-10-17 05:23 PM
    Is this what teh Google told you? There's NO way for that information to be obtained by the gvt or dirty hands? Hacked? Mined externally?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Hasn't been yet.
    01-10-17 05:31 PM
28 12