Greetings all,

I've modified the Command Shell app from BBWorld to be a bit more passport friendly. It isn't perfect yet, but if anyone wants to try it out, here it is!

https://github.com/jsvader/libterm/b.../bin/qterm.bar

EDIT: right click the above link, then hit "save as". You need to sideload this app.

The font size is not (yet) changeable, and the shift toggles for each press of the shift key regardless of the state displayed (blue line). There are a few issues where you lose focus when you change apps. To get it back, I normally activate the tab key (press and hold on the screen, move your finger to the tab icon on the ring (about 11pm), then back to the centre, and let go).

This is a first effort, so try it and make suggestions to improve - or point out bugs. I didn't write the original, just modded it for the passport

Enjoy
    Pcmx, djbclark and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    11-26-14 10:02 PM
    Oh, forgot to mention. The terminal is VT100 compatible, so you can do things like:

echo -n -e "\033[2J\033[H"

to clear the screen. I created a bash script to do this - have fun!
    11-26-14 10:08 PM
    That's really cool!
    11-26-14 10:22 PM
    Really cool! After I first installed the one from bb world and it didn't work for me with the Passport, I went looking for android alternatives and nothing would work.

This is exactly what I had been looking for and I'm really happy we'd got into conversation over it. Thanks so much for sharing!!
    vader42 likes this.
    11-26-14 10:45 PM
    More than welcome! I'm just glad there are people who also want to use the shell (I was going to say as nerdy as me, luckily I didn't).

One great thing I use it for is starting a web server - yep, a web server on the Passport! Just go to the shell, change to the directory you want to be your web home and type:

python3.2 -m http.server

You can also poke around in lots of places you probably shouldn't be Combine this with the bb10 native tool chain (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kerers-961115/) and you have a complete environment on the passport - including gcc/make.
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-26-14 11:08 PM
    hey vader, a little off topic but im hoping you can help.

my media card in my z10 recently failed to decrypt as i was doing so to put it in my new passport.
    so now i have a half-decrypted media card with a messed up partition.

wondering if you have seen any encryption utils as you have been poking around with your shell. im hoping i can somehow fix the damaged card and then continue to decrypt the rest of my data.

thanks.
    11-28-14 06:26 PM
    Subscribed...
    This is super geeky. Lovin' it! 8-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-28-14 06:47 PM
    Hey vader, I think you should bundle this up and submit it to BlackBerry World. I'd pay $.99 for it, and I already installed it!
    11-28-14 07:13 PM
    Can I use it to remotely log in to a Unix or linux network and do X11 forwarding?
    11-28-14 08:45 PM
    Hi INTZ, there are 3 utils: chkdosfs, chkexfatfs and chkqnx6fs. Check out google on how to use it.

There are still a few things I need to sort out before letting this loose on bbworld

I am compiling ssh so that you can login to linux, just getting all the encryption libraries working. You can't forward x11, it's text only. It does support nurses, as it is vt100 compatible.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:01 PM
    Hi INTZ, there are 3 utils: chkdosfs, chkexfatfs and chkqnx6fs. Check out google on how to use it.

There are still a few things I need to sort out before letting this loose on bbworld

I am compiling ssh so that you can login to linux, just getting all the encryption libraries working. You can't forward x11, it's text only. It does support nurses, as it is vt100 compatible.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 11:54 PM
    Is there a way to get ctrl key combos to work? Specifically I'm missing ctrl-c and ctrl-d a lot.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:44 PM
    I have some empty folders that can't be deleted with permissions R-X. They're in my shared/documents folder. Can this be used to chmod or chown so I can get them out of there? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:19 PM
    Greetings all,

I've modified the Command Shell app from BBWorld to be a bit more passport friendly. It isn't perfect yet, but if anyone wants to try it out, here it is!

https://github.com/jsvader/libterm/b.../bin/qterm.bar

EDIT: right click the above link, then hit "save as". You need to sideload this app.

The font size is not (yet) changeable, and the shift toggles for each press of the shift key regardless of the state displayed (blue line). There are a few issues where you lose focus when you change apps. To get it back, I normally activate the tab key (press and hold on the screen, move your finger to the tab icon on the ring (about 11pm), then back to the centre, and let go).

This is a first effort, so try it and make suggestions to improve - or point out bugs. I didn't write the original, just modded it for the passport

Enjoy
    Can this app allow me to:

1. Mount my dropbox folders and access the folders and files?

2. Can I run .ah files to manage txt files? eg. todo.txt?
    01-02-15 10:30 AM