Met a guy on the train today. I noticed he was using a Classic. I have never held one before so we compared devices. Then he told me that the Classic had replaced the Passport. He was a long-time 9900 user. Odd opinion!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:32 PM
    For portability purposes, I agree...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 11:32 PM
    But it's a total downgrade in terms of spec's & functionality.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:13 AM
    I know a similar case, a salesman for who portability and call function trumps screen size and specs. This person considered both Passport and Classic and eventually chose the Classic due it's qualities as a mobile phone. To each his own I guess.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    06-14-15 12:48 AM
    Perhaps it is a downgrade in specs, but I I have a hard time believing that it is a downgrade in functionality. The whole reason for the advent of the classic was for people that prefer the track pad.

While I currently use the Passport, I can understand that different people have different preferences. I have seen it mentioned several times, and I am in the same camp, that the OS is optimized and doesn't require the greatest specs to work well.

If they prefer the classic, so be it, to each their own.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    06-14-15 12:53 AM
    The passport is a faster device hands down it: can't be compared to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-14-15 05:55 PM
    The Classic is more well rounded vs Passport. YES the Passport packs a punch with that beastly processor, but the size compromises its' practicality... The Classic is more of a PHONE phone, whereas the Passport is clearly a Phablet. Herein lies the preference choice as some consumers are all about the phablets while others simply want a phone. The Classic AND Passport together are an undeniable duo, but as a daily driver the Classic hands down...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:36 PM
    Because we're so politically correct we don't like to think about the difference between a 200-pound, 6-foot-tall man handling the PP versus a 120-pound, 5'4" woman with petite hands.

I can one-hand type on the PP because my hands are huge. It's a manageable device for this reason. If I were a chick, I would use a classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 12:58 AM
    I loved my 9900 and would be very happy if I had gone to a classic from 990 but now I don't know , I can understand what he means about the size but I don't know if I can give up the screen size of my passport or the lower specs
    06-15-15 01:11 AM
    It amused as he didn't use the (tiny) trackpad. I wonder if BlackBerry field tests their designs?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 02:36 AM
    I've got rather small hands for a man (6ft 240lbs). I went with the passport over the classic due to specs. Now though, I'm thinking about going to a classic due to the size as putting my passport in my jeans is quite a pain.
    06-15-15 04:10 AM
    ive been going back and forth between the classic and passport for months now.

the aforementioned points are true for both phones which are causing me to eventually switch back and forth.

passport has MUCH better screen, MUCH better battery life, speed is like night and day... but its huge and hard to fit in some pockets, typing is sometimes a chore with the virtual screen stopping the flow, reception on my carrier can be spotty because its not officially supported

classic is a MUCH better phone, better call volume and better reception on my carrier... that keyboard is just superb, I can walk and type without looking which is super useful in my job and my wpm are much high on this keyboard.... BUT the battery life on mine is mediocre, only last 3/4 of a day usually... screen is kind of tiny for the stuff I need to do... sometimes you can feel that this phone would benefit from better specs...

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 05:50 AM
    I been struggling with this for a while where everyone complains about the PP size. Really? I'm not trying to be rude but how vain do you have to be when your worried if your phone shows when you put it in your pants pocket? I'm a little guy 5'7" with skinny legs and small hands that wears tight jeans. But I don't go around looking at people's crotch looking to see if their phone protrudes. And don't get me going about not being able to use the phone with one hand. Smh!!!!
    Trauma Surgeon and gallopiton like this.
    06-15-15 06:02 AM
    I been struggling with this for a while where everyone complains about the PP size. Really? I'm not trying to be rude but how vain do you have to be when your worried if your phone shows when you put it in your pants pocket? I'm a little guy 5'7" with skinny legs and small hands that wears tight jeans. But I don't go around looking at people's crotch looking to see if their phone protrudes. And don't get me going about not being able to use the phone with one hand. Smh!!!!
    It's not about being 'vain', it's about comfort... I'm a 5ft2, petite female... My pockets barely contain the Classic, but the Passport is a total chode, and has too much girth to even fit into a pocket with the exception of my hoodie... My little hands also make the Passport typing experience a lot less comfortable vs the Classic... While the extra size and power of the Passport IS fabulous, it's impractical as a daily driver... It's not about 'protruding' pockets, the Classic protrudes obnoxiously in some of my outfits, but at least it fits into a pocket...

Posted via CB10
    amr f kamal likes this.
    06-15-15 07:32 AM
    Downgrade with respect to specs but I'm sure he preferred the form factor

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    06-15-15 07:50 AM
    Well I'm not a petite woman nor as a guy do I wear tight pants. My phone rides in a cargo pocket 99% of the time because it's not as hard on the phone screen and because of we are honest, most phones are really too big for be in a pocket comfortably. I use a z30 and no way do I want to pack that in my front pocket. That's where my pistol is most of the time. Keys, knife, change etc etc. Can't stuff a phone in that mess

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:13 AM
    Maybe I have use many BB PHONE, now I wanna give passport a try, I actually want to use it to replace my laptop on short trip.

BB lives
    06-15-15 09:28 AM
    But it's a total downgrade in terms of spec's & functionality.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but for some people specs and functionality don't outweigh the form factor and the alt key. I am not one of them but many do think differently from me.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-15-15 09:38 AM
    Well I'm not a petite woman nor as a guy do I wear tight pants. My phone rides in a cargo pocket 99% of the time because it's not as hard on the phone screen and because of we are honest, most phones are really too big for be in a pocket comfortably. I use a z30 and no way do I want to pack that in my front pocket. That's where my pistol is most of the time. Keys, knife, change etc etc. Can't stuff a phone in that mess

Posted via CB10
    Passport goes in shirt pocket or back pocket of trousers. To me a Classic is cheap Q10 with a small trackpad and glued construction. I'd rather a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 10:38 AM
    It's all about form factor for some. For me, I dropped from the beast of a Passport down to a Classic. I much prefer the 4 row keyboard, the smaller size for occasional one handed use, using it as a phone didn't feel like I had a desktop monitor against my face, and I prefer dedicated phone buttons. Also, the back button is nice for the Android apps. Yes, the Classic battery life is weaker, screen not as beautiful, speaker performance better on the Passport. Have to pick the features that matter more. Form factor wins the day for me.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-15-15 12:55 PM
    I haven't used my passport since I got my classic just over a month ago. I do miss a few things about the passport and may go back to using it when it is cold outside. But for the warmer weather the passport is just too big to deal with on a daily basis.

The classic is about the perfect size. It fits in my shorts pocket perfectly. Also nice to have the full keyboard and toolbelt back.

Other than th size of the passport the 3row keyboard drives me crazy. I like the capacitive keyboard but the missing 4th row sucks.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    06-15-15 01:26 PM
    Basically blackberry should come up to speed with the classic like they did with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 09:16 PM
    what the point of the little trackpad on the classic? its a touch screen so i just touch. is there some hidden function to it besides moving the mouse?
    06-15-15 09:37 PM
    what the point of the little trackpad on the classic? its a touch screen so i just touch. is there some hidden function to it besides moving the mouse?
    It serves as a mouse basically. Keeps you from smearing up the screen. Also let's to navigate the device with small moments of your thumb vs large movements all over the screen. Makes it easy to highlight and edit text makes for easy navigation of web pages. The list goes on and on.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    06-16-15 01:44 PM