A few weeks ago my SE passport started displaying a message that the camera app couldn't open, so I sent my device in for repair. Yesterday I was contacted and there is a shortage of parts for the passports so they're asking me if I will consider taking Priv or a Dtek as a replacement. I love my SE and BB10 and I know it's inevitable that I will have to make a decision eventually anyways, but I was counting on having my SE back and being able to use it for the near future while I take my time and see what works best for me in the near future and make that decision early next year sometime. Anyone else make that jump, do you regret it? The wife says she doesn't know what I'm thinking not jumping at the chance to get a new Blackdroid for free the moment it was offered. Anyone that's had an SE would understand I think......

Posted via CB10
    08-18-17 08:07 AM
    A few weeks ago my SE passport started displaying a message that the camera app couldn't open, so I sent my device in for repair. Yesterday I was contacted and there is a shortage of parts for the passports so they're asking me if I will consider taking Priv or a Dtek as a replacement. I love my SE and BB10 and I know it's inevitable that I will have to make a decision eventually anyways, but I was counting on having my SE back and being able to use it for the near future while I take my time and see what works best for me in the near future and make that decision early next year sometime. Anyone else make that jump, do you regret it? The wife says she doesn't know what I'm thinking not jumping at the chance to get a new Blackdroid for free the moment it was offered. Anyone that's had an SE would understand I think......

Posted via CB10
    I fully understand, as a Passport user it is very hard to make a change. I have a Silver Passport, Priv and Keyone. Oh and a 6S Plus. All are great phones, but I always slip back to my Passport. The fluidness of the OS always brings me back. To be fair the Priv is a great Phone now that the OS has grownup. The other advantage I have is these are all company phones. So I can jump back and forth. The phone I always jump to when needed is the I Phone. That's because we jumped to Apple when BlackBerry went Android. It just works.

In the end they can't fix the Passport, take the Priv and play with it. You can always pick up a Passport on the cheap and be a well rounded fun nut........like me woof!
    08-18-17 09:39 AM
    I have a SE and now a priv too, steadily moving back to android.

Take the priv.
    It's nothing compared to the SE but it is completely usable, just remember to avoid bloated apps (if you use facebook use a light version, snapchat also obliterates the battery)
    The screen is great on the priv, it also has a PKB that sadly sucks but i'm getting used to it.

Generally a great device that suffers from BlackBerry's growing pains and snapdragons 2015 fuggery.
    08-19-17 02:37 AM
    if you love keyboard physical and os,just stay with PPSE. If you love kbp jump to KeyOne. Priv have small keyboard not better than PPSE and when I use Priv with flip kbp and big sreen you forget kbp below it.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 04:34 AM
    My next purchase will be the Keyone, but BleckBerry is offering to replace my PPSE with a Priv at no charge due to limited availability of PP parts. I have an AT&T PP which is what I'm using now, but it's not as refined as the SE. I will miss it.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-17 11:17 AM
    Still a fair share of Passports the out there for sale for decent prices.
    08-20-17 06:56 PM
    I went to the Priv and left my AT&T Passport in the drawer. Priv is unlocked from dailysteals.com. it's been great. Definitely loved the Passport, but why stay with an OS that will inevitably be dead?
    08-20-17 07:47 PM
    I miss my PP all the time, but the camera died. I reluctantly went to the k1. Good phone but bad OS. And the Android version of the apps I used are not as good. I rarely use the CB app anymore. But the K1 has a great camera.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-20-17 08:23 PM