I thought Passport is the best design ever for BlackBerry. But it seems like new coming design for the next phones will be Priv style.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 09:53 AM
    When was this confirmed by Chen?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 10:48 AM
    I haven't heard that. They even said that BlackBerry 10 is coming next year

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 11:14 AM
    I haven't heard that. They even said that BlackBerry 10 is coming next year

Posted via CB10
    I think they said an update to BB10 is coming next year, so the OS will be updated, but that doesn't mean a new BB10 phone for sure or at all, sad to say.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-13-16 12:48 PM
    There will be no more BlackBerry phones and OSes. Stop dreaming and move on!
    07-13-16 11:31 PM
    "In an interview with Bloomberg, Beard is quoted as saying, �We are absolutely not backing away from BB10. The company�s never said that we would not build another BB10 device.�

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/07/11/bl...uture-devices/

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 11:42 PM
    If there is another BB10 phone, it will be one of the Android phones with BB10 added to it.
    07-14-16 12:32 AM
    Maybe the next BB device coming soon will have options which are Android and BB OS for users when they start setting their new phone in the first time to use.
    07-14-16 12:32 AM
    There will be no more BlackBerry phones and OSes. Stop dreaming and move on!
    Better catch up on some recent news, instead of just mindlessly bashing BB.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    07-14-16 08:17 AM
    Better catch up on some recent news, instead of just mindlessly bashing BB.

Posted via CB10
    All he said was that they were not ruling out any more bb10 devices. He also hasn't ruled out providing a free unicorn with every new phone sale. This is just another "bb10 is still being supported" statement.

Since there are no more S4 SoCs available, the only other BB10 drivers that exist are for the 2.5 year old 801 - and another year from now even they may not be available.
    Last edited by conite; 07-14-16 at 09:05 AM.
    07-14-16 08:28 AM
    All he said was that they were not ruling out any more bb10 devices. He also hasn't ruled out providing a free unicorn with every new phone sale. This is just another empty "bb10 is still being supported" statement.

As Chen 's interview, There won't be Passport 2? Am I right?-fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg
    07-14-16 08:49 AM
    All he said was that they were not ruling out any more bb10 devices. He also hasn't ruled out providing a free unicorn with every new phone sale. This is just another "bb10 is still being supported" statement.

Since there are no more S4 SoCs available, the only other BB10 drivers that exist are for the 2.5 year old 801 - and another year from now even they may not be available.
    The only way it seems possible is to cater to a tiny niche of gov / enterprise that won't go android. And likely there'd be no runtime (unless Google allows it to be grandfathered), and presumably pricey to pay for the drivers if it's a new chip. So, unlikely to the extreme.
    07-14-16 03:10 PM
    The only way it seems possible is to cater to a tiny niche of gov / enterprise that won't go android. And likely there'd be no runtime (unless Google allows it to be grandfathered), and presumably pricey to pay for the drivers if it's a new chip. So, unlikely to the extreme.
    Only problem is that tiny niche of gov / enterprise is who Chen is planning to sell these new Android too. They are going to go Android or else they are going to go iOS... no a whole lot of options are going to be left for them. Unless you think Windows phone has somehow become a security beacon....

But you're right hardware cost, too small a market and the software develpment cost make a new BB10 phone ....
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-14-16 03:19 PM
    Only problem is that tiny niche of gov / enterprise is who Chen is planning to sell these new Android too. They are going to go Android or else they are going to go iOS... no a whole lot of options are going to be left for them. Unless you think Windows phone has somehow become a security beacon....

But you're right hardware cost, too small a market and the software develpment cost make a new BB10 phone ....
    I was just thinking there may be a small number that have policies that prohibit Android, I'm sure Chen would rather sell Android devices.

Personally, I'd rather see that money directed towards building out and improving the Android suite. BB10 is on its way out, focus on the future.
    07-14-16 03:24 PM
    I want a pink unicorn, please!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-14-16 05:45 PM
    I was just thinking there may be a small number that have policies that prohibit Android, I'm sure Chen would rather sell Android devices.
    Companies that have policies against offering iOS or Android phones are soon going to be left with these options:

• Change the policy
    • Only offer feature phones
    • Don't offer phones or mobile device access to corporate data.

I know which of these I think is most likely...
    07-15-16 12:15 AM
    Companies that have policies against offering iOS or Android phones are soon going to be left with these options:

• Change the policy
    • Only offer feature phones
    • Don't offer phones or mobile device access to corporate data.

I know which of these I think is most likely...
    There is another choice and some of the larger companies are moving in that direction. A few hardware companies offer company specific platforms that run on smart phones or tablets. It gives the employee full net full company contact and no worries anything, because the system is truly closed. We at the moment are testing such a handset and it is very impressive.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-15-16 06:50 AM
    There is another choice and some of the larger companies are moving in that direction. A few hardware companies offer company specific platforms that run on smart phones or tablets. It gives the employee full net full company contact and no worries anything, because the system is truly closed. We at the moment are testing such a handset and it is very impressive.
    What OS is it running? A version of Android or LINUX, most likely. As I doubt anyone is starting from scratch or looking to pay for custom hardware drivers like BlackBerry had too. Would not be too difficult to create your own Linux or Android base installation - as there are already software modules that are open source out there. Real problem would be the inherent weakness in Linux or Android - and those open source portions of the code they are using. In the long run I bet this model is less secure and more costly than using commercial products like KNOX or even BlackBerry.

Would be interesting to know what 3rd Party Security testing and certifications these had.
    07-15-16 07:44 AM
    These are closed systems that are Windows based, but a closed version. They work fine and are very secure as the Kernels are not accessible.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-15-16 08:41 AM
    Be good if they give you an option to upgrade of from bb10 to android or dual boot, possibly to install both, and choose which one you want on boot up, as you can on PC s, in fact you can more than dual book on pc, I have four of systems, on my hard drives, can select on boot, it mystified me for a while why someone can't make this possible on mobile devices, come on blackberry be the first I know apple are playing with a very very similar idea girl the I phone 8, this would give blackberry a serious edge, but do it very early in new year as I phone 8 comes in June 2017, I know you can fo it
    07-23-16 05:53 AM