Sorry if this has already been discussed - I couldn't find the thread for this model in particular, but what is your charging habit for your Blackberry Passport? Do you charge overnight and then use the fresh charge to last you all day? Or do you do multiple charges throughout the day, never letting the device go below 40%?

I've been trying the latter, and honestly it has resulted in my having to do about 2 one hour charges per day which isn't really ideal, but I can do it. With the battery not being removable, I'm trying to keep it in the best shape I can but maybe I'm overthinking it? Also, will Blackberry replace the batter under warranty in a years time if I do the usual one full charge to last all day and it suddenly starts to really decline?

Thanks!
    canadian nick likes this.
    01-12-15 08:59 PM
    I just plug it in right before going to bed, un plug it right after I get up. I figure if I can survive on that amount of charge, so should my phone.

Posted via CB10
    jasonvan9 and vpblaze like this.
    01-12-15 09:06 PM
    I just plug it in right before going to bed, un plug it right after I get up. I figure if I can survive on that amount of charge, so should my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Well put! Haha but im the same, charge for bed, unplugged all day
    01-12-15 10:37 PM
    Same here! I plug it in at night and I take it off the charger in the morning. If it gets close to 20% I'll put it back on the charger

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:44 PM
    Same here! I plug it in at night and I take it off the charger in the morning. If it gets close to 20% I'll put it back on the charger

Posted via CB10
    Ditto

Posted one-handed via Passport
    01-12-15 10:48 PM
    Okay so I'm probably overthinking it and should just do one big charge at the end of the day!
    01-13-15 12:16 AM
    Nah, never get a phone with a carrier logo on it, especially if you can't take it off

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 12:57 AM
    I charge mine overnight. It lasts all day quite happily, so much so that I'm now quite lazy about bothering to turn the screen off when I'm done using it for a bit. I just let the timeout kick in after a few minutes.

The only time it gets really low before the end of the day is if I've had it on hotspot for more than 5-6 hours and actively hammered usage through it.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:46 AM
    Very variable, charge overnight most of the time, but if I'm in the car, the Passport is in a holder just below eye level and most of the time I will have the BB charger plugged in as well. Not very necessary, but an old habit. On weekends, if we don't travel by car, it's best not to forget to charge Saturday night as that leads to charge anxiety on Sunday afternoon.
    And: I recently added Blend toggle to my drop down quick settings as I do find that keeping that on all day does wear out the battery more.
    01-13-15 02:48 AM
    Since the battery is 3450maH and my charger is only 750 mA (which is weird) (I have another one which is 850 mA) so to fully charge it, the charger would take 4 hours at least :-<
    01-20-15 06:07 PM
    I only need to charge my passport at night, it makes it through the day easily.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 06:57 PM
    Charge it at night when you don't need to use it. It's a smartphone, it is smart enough to know how to charge itself safely. You don't need any strange rituals or watching the % throughout the day.

Higher capacity chargers are fairly inexpensive and a great time saver. I like the PlayBook Micro-USB chargers. 1.8mA will add a lot of charge in a very short time. I just bought a wall outlet for home that has two 3.0mA USB outlets built in. Can't wait to wire that one in!
    01-20-15 07:00 PM
    After two weeks, i got a case with a cover, my battery life has gone up 50% with the screen shutting off immediately. All day with moderate to heavy use is now no problem with 50% remaining

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:47 PM