OK, so after doing some digging tonight I found some interesting things.
    We all know that there is no CDMA version of the Passport that has gone through the FCC, I found out why.
    Big Red (VZW) has recently rolled out two new services XLTE and VoLTE.

XLTE AWS band 13 otherwise known as the 700Mhz spectrum and what does the Passport support as far as spectrum? You got it damn near every band.

4G NetworkLTE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600
    �LTE 700/800/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600

Also VoLTE is allows the following:

'Verizon can now start weighing the gradual retirement of its CDMA networks, and in late 2014 it plans to drive that fact home by launching its first all-VoIP LTE-only phone, Verizon Wireless Chief Network Officer Nicola Palmer said at press briefing.

Verizon has been talking about a CDMA-less phone for some time, though it?s been gradually pushing back its launch timing. Verizon first has to bring online its long-planned voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) service, which would allow it to shift its call traffic from the circuit-switched 2G network to its all-IP LTE network.' (see bottom for sources).

So, this really would make the Passport a one device for all carriers. 'One radio to rule them all'

Verizon wraps up LTE rollout; plans all-VoIP phone launch for late 2014 ? Tech News and Analysis

VoLTE - Verizon Wireless

XLTE - Verizon Wireless XLTE

Check out PillPad PillPad - BlackBerry World Now Built For BlackBerry Certified, BB10 App developer, Cystic Fibrosis Advocate.
    Anilu7 and tdyhedge like this.
    09-07-14 12:15 AM
    Actually, Verizon has pushed the released of LTE-only (i.e. non-CDMA) phones to 2016: Verizon to launch VoLTE in Q4, but delays first LTE-only phones to 2016 - FierceWireless

So while the 2014 RGY181LW Passport will have to be allowed by Verizon on its b13 network, its not going to be one carried by Verizon because of the missing CDMA bands.

What will be interesting to watch is if someone gets the Passport on Verizon using b13 rules, will they be allowed on b4 as well? IOW, is the b4 network locked or open to phones that aren't ESN approved by Verizon and "sneak in" via band 13? And what about voLTE? What are Verizon's requirements for that?

Also, XLTE is the band 4 (AWS) LTE network, not band 13. The 181LW has the band, but whether it can use that network remains to be seen.
    Last edited by raino; 09-07-14 at 12:49 AM. Reason: XLTE
    09-07-14 12:25 AM
    Sounds risky for BlackBerry to try being the guinea pig for this, especially for a device considered to be targeted to a risk-averse crowd that would definitely prefer connectivity robustness and flexibility over "cutting-edge".

I just really hope Verizon and BlackBerry work something out,. I'd hate to have to chose between the two.

Posted via CB10
    dbiv5445 and jimpilot like this.
    09-07-14 12:42 AM
    Sounds risky for BlackBerry to try being the guinea pig for this, especially for a device considered to be targeted to a risk-averse crowd that would definitely prefer connectivity robustness and flexibility over "cutting-edge".

I just really hope Verizon and BlackBerry work something out,. I'd hate to have to chose between the two.

Posted via CB10
    Could not agree more. I don't think Verizon would risk cutting edge with it's issues would be a good fit for the target market of the PP. Especially when we have seen a model number assigned to a CDMA version.

I fear the Feb date we have heard is becoming more and more likely.
    dbiv5445 likes this.
    09-07-14 09:09 AM