Hey guys,
    I'm looking for options and experiences with cases for the red passport. It seems a shame to cover this device up in a black case so I've ordered a couple clear cases from amazon. I worry that the red cases are not going to match. Has anyone found what they consider the "ideal" option?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 05:18 AM
    Agree. Will be interested to hear if you like the clear cases - if the quality is decent, would seem to be the best of all worlds.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:05 AM
    This one from TedTed looks good on both black, and red Passport

TETDED Premium Leather Case for Blackberry Passport -- Dijon II (Wild: Red Duo Croc) W/Sleep Mode Function - TETDED LIMITED

It is a little bit darker red than the Passport color, but because of the black on it it looks great
    12-27-14 10:39 PM
    This one from TedTed looks good on both black, and red Passport

TETDED Premium Leather Case for Blackberry Passport -- Dijon II (Wild: Red Duo Croc) W/Sleep Mode Function - TETDED LIMITED

It is a little bit darker red than the Passport color, but because of the black on it it looks great
    Looks nice. Is this case brand the one that has adhesive to hold the phone in?
    12-27-14 11:21 PM
    Looks nice. Is this case brand the one that has adhesive to hold the phone in?
    No adhesive. It's a tiny frame to put your Passport into, open at the bottom , and open at the side for access to media keys
    It sits firmly in the case, the flip is firm and protects the screen good. The design of the case also enables the flip to keep closed, not a flimsy thing like the OEM flip case. It looks great, and durable.
    12-27-14 11:27 PM
    Thanks for letting me know, Morten.
    12-27-14 11:51 PM
    On Amazon there is a crystal clear shell from inventcase and another one from another manufacturer that seems to be built tougher and can get clear or clear with a smokey black around the edges. That one looks pretty decent. Just searched Amazon for BlackBerry Passport case.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 01:28 AM
    That's one of the ones I ordered. I got the clear one:
    Ringke FUSION Passport Case [FREE Screen Protector/Drop Protection][CRYSTAL VIEW] Shock Absorption Bumper Premium Hard Case

I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 12:08 PM
    Case options for Red Passport-img_20141228_111152.jpg
    Case options for Red Passport-img_20141228_111240.jpg
    So this one arrived. It's an Orzly I ordered from amazon. It looks pretty good, and the edge is just barely higher than the screen in case you lay it face down. It's smooth plastic, so it'll get slippery if you're hands are sweaty or greasy. The bottom and top are cut out to access the ports and speakers. I do like it as a minimal protection case that's super fast to clip on and off, but it creaks when pick up the pp. It's not the end of the world, but creaking indicates movement and flexing, which lead to wear or scratches on a device. As such, I've been using the device naked, and just putting the case on when I'm going to be outside alot.
    PS. Please don't mock the bubbles on the screen protector. I have to redo it later, there was way too much dust in the air.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 12:23 PM
    I am using this case until I can spend a little more... It is a hot candy red color, and looks great!!!

X Line TPU Soft Case Cover for Blackberry Passport | eBay

Attachment 323877

Attachment 323878
    Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 12-28-14 at 07:38 PM.
    12-28-14 12:28 PM
    I expected more replies. Are there very few red owners, or are they going naked with their pp?

I'm still waiting for the second clear case, and a holster to show up. I'm sure it was delayed by the Christmas mail rush.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 07:07 PM
    I purchased both the clear and smoke Ringke FUSION cases. The clear case made my premium looking Passport look cheapened while the smoke worked really well with it. Kept the distinctive looking red PP looking unique.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 07:33 PM
    Can you post pics of the Ringke smoke case please? I'm waiting for this case, it's in the mail.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport 10.3
    12-30-14 07:47 PM
    Can you post pics of the Ringke smoke case please? I'm waiting for this case, it's in the mail.

Sure - quickly done but you'll get the gist. Front first, clear and smoke:
    Case options for Red Passport-clear-front-1.jpgCase options for Red Passport-smoke-front-1.jpg

Back - clear and smoke:
    Case options for Red Passport-clear-back-1.jpgCase options for Red Passport-smoke-back-1.jpg
    m3mb3rsh1p and SmileDahling like this.
    12-30-14 10:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141228_111152.jpg 
Views:	3287 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	323783

Name:	IMG_20141228_111240.jpg 
Views:	3284 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	323784
    So this one arrived. It's an Orzly I ordered from amazon. It looks pretty good, and the edge is just barely higher than the screen in case you lay it face down. It's smooth plastic, so it'll get slippery if you're hands are sweaty or greasy. The bottom and top are cut out to access the ports and speakers. I do like it as a minimal protection case that's super fast to clip on and off, but it creaks when pick up the pp. It's not the end of the world, but creaking indicates movement and flexing, which lead to wear or scratches on a device. As such, I've been using the device naked, and just putting the case on when I'm going to be outside alot.
    PS. Please don't mock the bubbles on the screen protector. I have to redo it later, there was way too much dust in the air.

Posted via CB10
    I like this clear case you have, showing the beautiful red passport with a shine!

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-30-14 10:32 PM
    Sweet! Thanks! Smoke will go nice with my black passport! Looks sick with the red. You're right about the clear though, kinda cheap looking. Can't wait for mine! Looks like a great fit all around!

12-30-14 10:41 PM
    How do you find the fit and finish of the Ringke? Any flexing or creaking? I have say the smoked one looks sharp. I wish I had order that instead of the clear. I may go order that too.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:20 AM
    I wonder if the Ringke case would fit with the Seidio holster?

12-31-14 09:03 PM
    Sure - quickly done but you'll get the gist. Front first, clear and smoke:

Name:	Clear Front 1.jpg 
Views:	1717 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	324346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smoke Front 1.jpg 
Views:	2552 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	324347

Back - clear and smoke:

Name:	Clear Back 1.jpg 
Views:	1709 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	324348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smoke Back 1.jpg 
Views:	2551 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	324349
    I concur. I have the smoke one on my Scarlet Passport and it looks great. Great all around protection from everything and it maintains the distinction that the Red commands. I love my Ringke Fusion Case.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Scarlet Passport.
    12-31-14 09:15 PM
    How do you find the fit and finish of the Ringke? Any flexing or creaking? I have say the smoked one looks sharp. I wish I had order that instead of the clear. I may go order that too.

Posted via CB10
    No flexing or creaking on my Ringke, it fits very tightly. I got the Smoke Black one because there is a risk of colourless TPU turning yellow over time if there is no UV-inhibitor.

I really like the interaction of the case with the buttons because the case preserves, and even enhances, the original clickiness (is that a word?) of the buttons. Pressing a button gives a satisfying click, both in terms of sound, tactile response and travel. It is a far cry from the horror of trying to press buttons on the Playbook Convertible Case.
    01-03-15 06:45 PM
    Lol,
    I cut the PlayBook case to give me direct access to the buttons. That was such a waste of time design.

My Ringke cases are still in transit. Hope they turn up this week.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:59 PM
    Just wondering how long did it take for your Ringke case to ship to you?

01-07-15 10:39 AM
    Just wondering how long did it take for your Ringke case to ship to you?

Ordered from Amazon on a Saturday, arrived the following Monday via Prime.
    01-07-15 10:43 AM
    Cool thanks! Ordered mine from amazon as well but Live in Canada so will probably take longer.

01-07-15 01:13 PM

Name:	IMG_20141228_111152.jpg 
Views:	3287 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	323783

Name:	IMG_20141228_111240.jpg 
Views:	3284 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	323784

Posted via CB10
    Is this the FlexiCase or InvisiCase?
    01-07-15 01:40 PM
44 12