I'm planning on switching to the Passport (currently on a z10) asap. However, I'm on Verizon here in the US and it doesn't look like they will carry the passport or even support it for that matter. That leaves me with a few options.

1. Wait for AT&T to release the passport and switch at that point.

2. Wait for Verizon to release the Classic and upgrade while settling for that phone, but without having to switch.

3. Buy the Passport unlocked and switch to a GSM supported carrier with the cheapest rate.

What would you do in my situation? I never saw myself as someone that would she'll out $500 for a phone but I'm very tempted because I do not want to wait any longer for the phone to come to AT&T. After reading several reviews I also think I would enjoy the Passport more than the Classic. I'm dying to return to a hardware keyboard and the large screen just looks gorgeous. The tool belt on the classic is tempting, but I can live without it.

If I go unlocked, what carrier would be best? AT&T? T-Mobile? Which has the best bring your own plan?

Thanks for any advice!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 07:01 PM
    Tmo if you travel international

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 07:57 PM
    I did number 3.
    12-21-14 08:05 PM
    If you are due for an upgrade I would purchase an iPhone 6plus (if you can afford the upgrade costs if there are any), sell it, buy an unlocked passport from amazon with prime shipping, and use it on AT&T...

This is more or less what I did, except my phone was an iPhone 5S and instead of upgrading, I sold it on eBay... I did have to shell out an extra $100, but I purchased my Passport during the black Friday sale and it was $499 shipped via amazon prime.

As weird as this may sound, I've found that AT&T's service is actually really damn good (with my passport atleast)

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:16 PM
    I am on TMobile bc I couldn't get my Passport to work on ATT and no one at two stores had ever seen, heard of it, and hasn't heard of ATT getting it.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:06 PM
    I am in the same boat and seriously considering a switch. Even though I am in a long term contract with Verizon.
    12-29-14 06:05 PM
    I bought unlocked and went to ATT from verizon. So far I'm pleased although I am curious as to other users on ATT if they, like me, have not seen this massive battery working to its max potential. I get through the whole day no problem on heavy usage and it could last till the next day but not much longer. From what I read on the forums, it seems like so many people are getting 2 full days easy with heavy usage.

Have other ATT users experienced the same as me?
    12-29-14 06:32 PM
    I am getting full two days with emailing and texting and very light android app use.

I try to stick with native BlackBerry 10 apps. As soon as I run android apps, I can feel my phone getting hot. Oh yeah I am on AT&T.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-29-14 08:54 PM
    I am getting full two days with emailing and texting and very light android app use.

I try to stick with native BlackBerry 10 apps. As soon as I run android apps, I can feel my phone getting hot. Oh yeah I am on AT&T.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    Hmm, good to know, thanks. I did just request a replacement from amazon as my thirty days were coming to a close and I really wanted to see if I could end up with better battery.

Here's hoping the new one gets that type of usage.
    12-30-14 06:48 AM