Hey guys,

Any suggestions for a car mount that can be mounted on the dash while charging? If not, suction would do.
    Oh, also I have this case

Thanks!
    04-16-15 09:37 PM
    I use the magic-mount made by scosche for my passport. The magnetic plate fits between the hard shell and the device. It comes with 2 different size plates. The large one is perfect for the passport. Have had mine for about 3 months now and it works great. The magic-mount is available on amazon. I would post a link but I don't have enough posts yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:48 PM
    I have this one, posted by someone else here too. Works great with my Passport in the Siedio Surface case, and the charging port is accessible. Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories
    04-16-15 11:20 PM
    I have few questions about Magic Mount by Scotche and magnetic holders in general:
    - as we know BlackBerry have switch inside which works with magnet and turn off device into sleep mode - is that can cause problems?
    - can magnet cause some problems with compass/gps?
    - can magnet cause problems with sensor responsible for screen rotation, horizontal / vertical?
    If anyone can give clear answer, thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:05 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P5M...UvbUpU11567557. I have this. I love it and there is absolutely no problems with magnetic interference.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 03:20 AM
    I have not had any interference at all with GPS, rotation or the sleep function when I place the passport in a holster (yes with the shell). The actual magnet is in the car mount

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:19 AM
    To clarify my last post no interference issues while on the mount itself either

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:27 AM
    I have few questions about Magic Mount by Scotche and magnetic holders in general:
    - as we know BlackBerry have switch inside which works with magnet and turn off device into sleep mode - is that can cause problems?
    - can magnet cause some problems with compass/gps?
    - can magnet cause problems with sensor responsible for screen rotation, horizontal / vertical?
    If anyone can give clear answer, thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    I have been using this setup with my passport from day one and it has had in effect with anything on my passport ,I make and get calls every day whist driving and no problems
    04-17-15 03:54 PM
    Ok. Thanks you all. :*

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 08:36 AM
    I have used the Iottie magnetic vent button, and it works fantastically...doesn't budge an inch on the roughest roads...and the magnets don't effect anything at all...just stuck the metal plate inside the hardcase and works like a dream

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 11:18 AM
    I'm going to piggyback on this thread. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the ProClip charging tilt swivel holder? BlackBerry Passport Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Plug - ProClip USA

It's pricy but looks like a good one. Unfortunately, it won't work with a case.
    04-21-15 04:01 PM
    I'm going to piggyback on this thread. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the ProClip charging tilt swivel holder? BlackBerry Passport Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and USB Cigarette Lighter Plug*-*ProClip USA

It's pricy but looks like a good one. Unfortunately, it won't work with a case.
    ProClip makes some great pieces of kit. While I haven't ordered one for the passport, I've used their mounts for P3470, 9000, HTC Imagio and others. Never an issue. The chrome 9000 bezel didn't even scratch

Wow, Passport, Wow, Passport, Wow, Passport
    tazcubed likes this.
    04-21-15 07:35 PM
    Buy a pack of 100 neodymium magnets on Amazon for less than $10 and build your own. Stick a bunch behind a flat piece of dash or an area you like and you'll have a completely invisible phone mount.
    04-22-15 12:04 PM