Does anyone else have a problem finding a car charger that will actually charge the passport? I've tried three so far. The firs one was a 1amp cheap charger from cvs. Didn't do anything with it. Tried a 2.1a charger, I forget the brand, but it wasn't expensive. And I just got a Belkin 2.1a charger, it was like $30-35, and all it really does it hold it at the current charge level, and it still drains during use, but slower. I get the first two were cheap junk, but the Belkin charger should work right? I don't have any problems with my wall charger or anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:26 AM
    I don't have the wall charger in front of me so I don't know. But aren't the wall chargers 5a?

Anyways, check out what the wall chargers output is. You'll have to find a car charger to match the same output as the wall charger.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:37 AM
    Wall charger for passport is 1.3amps or 1300mA @ 5voltDC

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 09:11 AM
    I picked up a nice car charger from the AT&T store, and charges my phone fully in 1 hour, while I'm making calls. It also advances the battery level while I'm using BB Maps. I don't know what brand it is but it is a good one.
    06-30-15 10:06 AM
    Does anyone else have a problem finding a car charger that will actually charge the passport? I've tried three so far. The firs one was a 1amp cheap charger from cvs. Didn't do anything with it. Tried a 2.1a charger, I forget the brand, but it wasn't expensive. And I just got a Belkin 2.1a charger, it was like $30-35, and all it really does it hold it at the current charge level, and it still drains during use, but slower. I get the first two were cheap junk, but the Belkin charger should work right? I don't have any problems with my wall charger or anything.

Posted via CB10
    I've got a Belkin 2.1a charger with 2 ports and it works fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 10:31 AM
    I use a playbook charger with an inverter

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-30-15 10:35 AM
    Yup. Mine is the Belkin 2.1 amp two port from walmart. It has a blue illuminated ring around it too. I'll haven to try it in a different car. Maybe my car doesn't put out the right power, or the fuse for the cigarette lighter port was replaced with an incorrect one? I have a '14 jetta btw.

I'll try it in a different car and report back

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 01:52 PM
    Sorry to hear about the bad experience with the car chargers... I had the same problem with the cheap charger I bought from Trust. However, it was fixed when I realised that the problem was the charging cable I used. Try it with the Blackberry cable that came bundled with the phone, maybe that might solve it.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:21 PM
    I bought one from the shop crackberry store and it works great, charges my passport fast. It has a coiled cord that keeps it tidy and has an extra USB port to charge another device at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 04:34 PM
    I would wager this one would work well.

I looked high and low for one that would charge my Berry and my Playbook. Playbooks take more amperage, as I suspect the Passport does.

No affiliation, and I can't guarantee it works, but there are two ports, one for 1a and one for 2.1a. The 2.1a should work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RBSXJO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o05_s00
    06-30-15 04:38 PM
    Just buy the OEM BlackBerry Car Charger..

Car chargers and passport-img_20150630_234610.jpg

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Grwbp5D-

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.2339 
    06-30-15 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not a problem at all. Genuine BlackBerry charger provides 1.5 amps and has additional usb port for second port. And in addition to that - it's really small in size.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...UvbUpU11756490

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    06-30-15 05:48 PM
    Just buy the OEM BlackBerry Car Charger..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150630_234610.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	360198

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Grwbp5D-

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.2339 
    Yup. This one is the best imho

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    06-30-15 05:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope, charges off the cars built in USB, or via my cigarette lighter splitter just fine, same cable and setup I use for all my other tech.

Posted via CB10
    Larry Harper likes this.
    06-30-15 06:22 PM
    I got a curly cable from ebay, cheap and a double belkin socket plug.

Works like a charm, even with maps going.
    06-30-15 06:51 PM