Hi all,

I researched a lot before posting.... Basically I am having an issue ever since I got my Passport. I can't send any pictures by text message. When I compose a text and try to attach a picture, I select the picture and press done and nothing happens in my text conversation. I have tried everything, security wipe, changing APN settings. I also did not load from a backup when I got my Passport. I am with Bell if this helps anyone, PP was bought from BlackBerry and is factory unlocked. I did not have this issue a few weeks back when I had my Q10. This is causing me trouble when I want to send pictures to people who don't have BBM (some of them don't want to convert lol).

Ideas?? Could have something to do with the APN settings but not sure?
    11-05-14 03:51 PM
    Did you come from an Android phone by any chance?
    11-05-14 04:00 PM
    Did you come from an Android phone by any chance?
    Nope, had a Q10 and Z10 before this. However, I did switch to an old 9700 for a few days before I got my Passport.
    11-05-14 04:01 PM
    Check APN settings and make sure everything is configured correctly. Google for your carrier details but let us know your carrier if you have trouble finding that info.
    11-05-14 07:51 PM
    Do other data services work? I would check the mms url

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:18 PM
    Other data stuff works. Where is the mms url settings?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:39 PM
    The setting isn't there on all devices but go to hub, settings, text messages. Once there it may possibly be under advanced

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 06:41 AM
    Sounds to me the mms relay# has not been set!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wirelessdouble check your mms settings!
    11-06-14 08:09 AM
    Can't find anything related to mms relay#'s... All I have under advanced text messages settings is the APN information which is set to blackberry.net
    11-06-14 09:42 AM
    Sounds like a carrier issue maybe. Read online many phones from android and ios have had similar issues and had to be resolved by the carrier.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-06-14 10:23 AM
    I can't send pics on sms either. As soon as I try it switches to mms and won't send. My mms relays are set up like this
    Can't send pictures by text message-img_20141106_094403.png

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:47 AM
    Can't find anything related to mms relay#'s... All I have under advanced text messages settings is the APN information which is set to blackberry.net
    Blackberry.net is incorrect. Here's the full list. The most important being pda.bell.ca

APN Name: Bell LTE
    APN: pda.bell.ca
    Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
    Port: 80
    MMSC: prox:web.wireless.bell.ca
    MMS Port: 80
    MCCC: 302
    MNC: 610

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:14 AM
    Thanks for your reply! I called Bell at lunch and they said blackberry.net was fine for the APN. I still have a BlackBerry data plan with them as that's what they put me on when I switched from my 9800 to Z10.

Question regarding the information you provided: do you know why I can't see anything else than APN on my Passport ? The fields for Proxy, port, mmsc, mms port, mccc and mnc are all missing. See pics attached. They do however appear when I pull out my SIM card. My PP is factory unlocked from BlackBerry. Don't know if that makes a difference.
    Can't send pictures by text message-img_20141106_141228.png

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:24 PM
    Blackberry doesn't really need the extra fields. Just for fun, change the apn to what I wrote earlier. If it doesn't work at least you tried something different!

I work for one of the carriers. Aside from the apn, the agent over the phone should double-check and see if mms is somehow blocked at the account level. Maybe a refresh on your line could also help if nothing is blocked.

Otherwise if nothing works, their tech support would need to log a trouble ticket and investigate further.

For my carrier if your data is blocked, mms will not work. Are you on an old BIS data plan?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:32 PM
    You shouldn't be on a "blackberry data plan"... that implies you're paying for BIS which you definitely don't need anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:36 PM
    Changed the APN to pda.bell.ca and waited awhile. Also closed out my text message history with the person I was sending it to. Seems to be working! Appreciate the help guys!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:00 PM
    Changed the APN to pda.bell.ca and waited awhile. Also closed out my text message history with the person I was sending it to. Seems to be working! Appreciate the help guys!

Posted via CB10
    Awesome sauce!

Posted via CB10
    pctigrou likes this.
    11-06-14 01:01 PM
    I know this is a question from a long time ago - but I am having issues with the same thing with my classic. I have tried everything - bell says they can't help, now blackberry has washed their hands. I haven't had this phone for a month - a bit ticked. Any thoughts?
    01-22-15 09:35 PM
    Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 12:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Good stuff... :-)

Sometimes when I'm out of data or have mobile data turned off it won't send MMS either. But that's an obvious fix.

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-23-15 02:55 AM
    I had this problem after an autoloader upgrade on a verizon Z10 to 10.3.1.2072. I used the "Ultimate Backup for Blackberry" app to backup and restore my SMS and MMS messages. If I opened an existing SMS thread and tries to reply with an image attached, I got the "message could not be save" error. If I deleted the thread and started a new conversation with the same person, I could send the image with no error without changing any SMS/MMS settings, without a security wipe of the device, without changing or setting the APN, no switching Airplane mode on/off, etc. For me, there seems to be something wrong with the restore of data on a blackberry that screws up the text conversations. I have contacted the developer of the app to inquire, but since it sounds like so many others have this issue in different situations, it seems like a bigger issue with the blackberry sms/mms database itself and how it works with published APIs?
    01-28-15 08:58 AM
    That's exactly what I did. Delete an existing text conversation and start from scratch and it should take care of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:31 PM
    Im from the Philippines and i have a problem with my MMS set up. had it configured via my carrier Smart Phil (Postpaid acct) but just the same its not working help! my APN set up says only MMS.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 05:37 PM
    So, I was having this issue as well. I tried a couple things and what finally let me send a text with a picture in it, turning on my data plan under Mobile Network. (I usually keep it off so it doesn't update stuff without my knowledge lol)

Happy to say the other end got the picture!!!
    05-01-15 02:26 PM