Hi guys. I'm looking for some suggestions. I've followed instructions from Cobalt and B1aze as best I could and have been successful in loading up the Google Play store as well as the leaked download of OS 2480 which has stopped the screen flicker bug. Most of my apps work as they should, not the least of which is Google Maps, Netflix, FXNow, Mobile Nations apps and the list goes on. However some apps like HBO Go and Starz among others give me the message that google play services are necessary to run. What am I missing?

Overall my experience with the Passport has been a positive one and I look forward to enjoying more and more of its features as time moves forward.

Thanks guys n gals.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    03-03-15 02:26 PM
    You can't get that. That does not work. Cobalt's hack was to allow the install of the Play Store.

Apps that depends on Google Play Services have to be patched. And in some cases, not even that will work.

I suggest you head back to his thread and read on patching apps.

Best of luck.
    03-03-15 02:29 PM
    Will do. Thanks!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    03-03-15 03:23 PM
    If you ever *DO* get Google play services to work please let us all in on it. Blackberry does not support Google Services so that would be a heck of a feat. Near historical.

Best you can do is eliminate the nags and "pretend" it's working. You will never get the specific features dependent on Google Services.
    03-03-15 03:32 PM
    If you ever *DO* get Google play services to work please let us all in on it. Blackberry does not support Google Services so that would be a heck of a feat. Near historical.

Best you can do is eliminate the nags and "pretend" it's working. You will never get the specific features dependent on Google Services.
    99% of apps with the notification work fine without google service framework
    So patching would make them good as new
    03-03-15 03:38 PM
    99% of apps with the notification work fine without google service framework
    So patching would make them good as new
    That's what I said. (except it's not "99%" that work "fine")
    You can get rid of the nags and have partially to fully functioning apps except for functions *DEPENDENT* (my post above) on Google services. for example- try to use the mapping function on Yelp. Can't do it. Requires Google Services. Try to use the sign in functions on Google Maps for extended features such as reviews, etc. Can't do it. Requires G.S. I can name dozens more with limited functions due to being feature dependent on G.S. So, on quite a few apps, they work but are "crippled" on some features. I know many download an Android app, it opens, they click a couple functions, and proclaim "it works fine!". Perhaps. Many do. Just dig a bit deeper into the feature sets.
    03-03-15 05:00 PM
    I believe you will have to patch those specific apps that still aren't working. There is an app called lucky patcher that will do it for you automatically.

As mentioned above, head back to that thread and it will give you instructions on how to install lucky patcher and how to use it.

Goodluck! Glad you're liking the passport! I love mine.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:09 PM
    Feel free to add me on bbm if you need help or have any other questions. pin:2BE890FD

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:11 PM
    Lucky patcher is a fine app for removing dependencies. In some cases it will even get an Android app that refuses to open or will not run. I use it often. It will not, however, "fix" those particular parts of Android apps that have some functions or some features dependent on Google Services. Those particular features (read: NOT Apps) will remain unusable (if any, in a particular app.) In those cases, I still use the app as long as the major functions work.

Hey, I LOVE my Passport. Finest device out there. Not trying to rain on the parade. Just stating facts which may affect you now or in the future.
    03-03-15 05:49 PM
    That's what I said. (except it's not "99%" that work "fine")
    You can get rid of the nags and have partially to fully functioning apps except for functions *DEPENDENT* (my post above) on Google services. for example- try to use the mapping function on Yelp. Can't do it. Requires Google Services. Try to use the sign in functions on Google Maps for extended features such as reviews, etc. Can't do it. Requires G.S. I can name dozens more with limited functions due to being feature dependent on G.S. So, on quite a few apps, they work but are "crippled" on some features. I know many download an Android app, it opens, they click a couple functions, and proclaim "it works fine!". Perhaps. Many do. Just dig a bit deeper into the feature sets.
    You can log in just fine. I've been using it
    03-03-15 07:49 PM
    You can log in just fine. I've been using it
    1. Go to Google Maps.
    2. Tap the silhouette next to the search bar.
    3. Read what it says.

Blackberry does not support Google Services. This is a known fact. I'm sure there a lot of reasons why. Security issues? Blackberry doesn't want to pony up the fees? Google doesn't want them? Not sure. I hope folks who may know the exact reason will chime in here.
    Since many developers incorporate Google Services when they write an app (I hear it makes it easier for developers for certain functions and Google encourages it) a good percentage of apps incorporate it. I believe a lot of these G.S. functions that won't work are location based and of course functions/ features requiring a Google account sign in through Google Services. Since BB does not support G.S., some functions on some apps *will not work**. Lucky Patcher isn't going to fix it. Other patches aren't going to "fix" these functions. They are not there. When you go to the "Google Account" app and sign in, what do you get? It keeps requesting a new login account, correct? Or where does it take you? When you request a map location in Yelp where does it go? Why do BB notifications not work *only* on some Android apps? (Common problem)
    03-03-15 08:33 PM
    1. Go to Google Maps.
    2. Tap the silhouette next to the search bar.
    3. Read what it says.

Blackberry does not support Google Services. This is a known fact. I'm sure there a lot of reasons why. Security issues? Blackberry doesn't want to pony up the fees? Google doesn't want them? Not sure. I hope folks who may know the exact reason will chime in here.
    Since many developers incorporate Google Services when they write an app (I hear it makes it easier for developers for certain functions and Google encourages it) a good percentage of apps incorporate it. I believe a lot of these G.S. functions that won't work are location based and of course functions/ features requiring a Google account sign in through Google Services. Since BB does not support G.S., some functions on some apps *will not work**. Lucky Patcher isn't going to fix it. Other patches aren't going to "fix" these functions. They are not there. When you go to the "Google Account" app and sign in, what do you get? It keeps requesting a new login account, correct? Or where does it take you? When you request a map location in Yelp where does it go? Why do BB notifications not work *only* on some Android apps? (Common problem)
    Ye have little faith my friend
    Seems you haven't been around these forums long enough
    When following your instructions, my first option says "my places", but I assume you expect it to say "sign in"
    I'll attach a photo as well below with the BB unique "back bar" at the bottom of the screen so you know it's from a BB10

Can't quite get Google Play services to work-attachment.png
    03-03-15 09:16 PM
    It says "No network connection" because you can't sign in because there is no Google Services.
    You are likely on a different version.
    Open Yelp, pick a destination, and try to open the mapping function. There are soooo many other apps/ functions/ features to point to that I'm not going to take this further.
    (you still didn't tell me what you get when you open your "google Account" app.)

And please put in your next post that Google Services works fine and is functional, all features/ functions with Blackberry 10. I want to see it with your name/ avatar in writing.

Then I can go home
    03-03-15 09:29 PM
    It says "No network connection" because you can't sign in because there is no Google Services.
    You are likely on a different version.
    Open Yelp, pick a destination, and try to open the mapping function. There are soooo many other apps/ functions/ features to point to that I'm not going to take this further.
    (you still didn't tell me what you get when you open your "google Account" app.)

And please put in your next post that Google Services works fine and is fully functional with Blackberry 10. I want to see it with your name/ avatar in writing.

Then I can go home
    I need not entertain your ignorance any more old man
    Cobalt already fixed google services since end of last year
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    Read how you can get many apps to work.
    YES you can actually log in to google apps :O Shocker, I know
    Google store works as well
    No, I'm not going to post my personal stuff on a forum, I'm smart enough not to do that
    But the thread above should justify everything to your liking
    03-03-15 09:34 PM
    I need not entertain your ignorance any more old man
    Cobalt already fixed google services since end of last year
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    Read how you can get many apps to work.
    YES you can actually log in to google apps :O Shocker, I know
    Google store works as well
    No, I'm not going to post my personal stuff on a forum, I'm smart enough not to do that
    But the thread above should justify everything to your liking
    I'm familiar with Cobalt and his fixes. I'm familiar with the Google Store fix. That wasn't the question/ request.

I believe you answered my questions and requests.
    Thank You!
    03-03-15 09:37 PM