I have a 46" Sony 3dtv. It's about 4 years old.

When I plug my Passport into it, the display only shows a small square on the tv. It doesn't matter what I set the hdmi display mode to, it won't go full screen.

I have this slimport cable

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00MAMRSK6/r...UvbUpU11318946

It says it supports the BlackBerry Passport specifically. The output plays back perfectly but it just won't go full screen.

Can I get it to do full screen?

Does anybody have this issue? Is it a limitation of the square screen of the passport? I feel like it should work because one of the options for the hdmi output is 16x9 1080.

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.2072
    02-02-15 08:30 PM
    I get the same on my LG with slimport but didnt spend too much time with it

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    02-02-15 08:34 PM
    I get the same on my LG with slimport but didnt spend too much time with it

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    So it must be "just the way it is" then.

Bummer. My Z30 used to output to full screen no problem.

02-02-15 08:43 PM
    Fortunately, you can play media by accessing Play-on from the menu. Other stuff, squared.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:53 PM
    I expect that it is similar to a Q10 and that the screen mirroring isn't full screen but yes if you go to 'play on' in a video file it would go full screen

Check out IWIK at BBM Channel C002FA57C
    02-02-15 08:56 PM
    JWWDUKE,
    I have a 3d xbr Sony about the same age.
    Try this:
    While your small square is displayed,
    press the "options" button on your Sony remote control.
    Down arrow (tiny embedded at the bottom of the outer black circular control) to"Twin Picture"
    Right arrow to "P&P, Press the CENTER circular control.
    press the left or right circular arrow, as needed, to highlight your Passport 's display.
    Now press the "UP arrow" on the outer circular control repeatedly until the passport display reaches the max expansion.
    Now, with the Passport display STILL highlighted,
    Press the CENTER circular control.

I play movies stored on my laptop to my TV and sometimes find my laptop's display on the TV stuck
    smaller than it should be.
    When I P&P to the TV receiver and follow this procedure,
    It grows to normal size.
    Sometimes there's a slow reaction to the up arrow, but it's always worked for me.

Hope that helps. Oh, you might also take a look at your "wide mode" remote button if this doesn't work.
    02-02-15 10:53 PM
    JWWDUKE,
    I have a 3d xbr Sony about the same age.
    Try this:
    While your small square is displayed,
    press the "options" button on your Sony remote control.
    Down arrow (tiny embedded at the bottom of the outer black circular control) to"Twin Picture"
    Right arrow to "P&P, Press the CENTER circular control.
    press the left or right circular arrow, as needed, to highlight your Passport 's display.
    Now press the "UP arrow" on the outer circular control repeatedly until the passport display reaches the max expansion.
    Now, with the Passport display STILL highlighted,
    Press the CENTER circular control.

I play movies stored on my laptop to my TV and sometimes find my laptop's display on the TV stuck
    smaller than it should be.
    When I P&P to the TV receiver and follow this procedure,
    It grows to normal size.
    Sometimes there's a slow reaction to the up arrow, but it's always worked for me.

Hope that helps. Oh, you might also take a look at your "wide mode" remote button if this doesn't work.
    I have tried the "play on" setting and it seems to work. I only tried it twice and it worked. Both times it kinda froze and seemed to bebuffering or something and I had to push the play on button a couple times but it did work.

@ wtj, If I ever have an issue I will try your steps. Thank you for the help.

wtj likes this.
    02-07-15 04:18 PM
    Never had this problem, perhaps in a video embedded in a Web page. For YouTube or others that displays fullscreen on the phone and from the video app, while playing fullscreen you will see a small square with a play button on the lower right side, click there and you will see options to play on HDMI or Miracast and you will see it fullscreen on your TV the video on the phone freezes onto a smaller rectangle and the controls change as to a presentation mode for the video. It works every time for me.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 on AT&T
    02-07-15 07:21 PM
    I have a 46" Sony 3dtv. It's about 4 years old.

When I plug my Passport into it, the display only shows a small square on the tv. It doesn't matter what I set the hdmi display mode to, it won't go full screen.

I have this slimport cable

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00MAMRSK6/r...UvbUpU11332988

It says it supports the BlackBerry Passport specifically. The output plays back perfectly but it just won't go full screen.

Can I get it to do full screen?

Does anybody have this issue? Is it a limitation of the square screen of the passport? I feel like it should work because one of the options for the hdmi output is 16x9 1080.

I had the exact same problem when I tried wirelessly connecting my Windows tablet to a new, Miracast capable Sony TV. It might be a Sony issue.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    02-07-15 07:50 PM
    I had the exact same problem when I tried wirelessly connecting my Windows tablet to a new, Miracast capable Sony TV. It might be a Sony issue.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Use the "Play On" feature from the stock video player to make this work. The "Play On" is through the miracast connection and not through DLNA (which is the other way you can use "Play On"). The beauty of "Play On" is that you can keep doing other stuff on the phone without it showing up while the video is playing (like the way you can do it on playbook).
    02-07-15 08:51 PM
    Have you tried changing the screen resolution on the Sony TV?
    02-07-15 11:24 PM