For some reason or another every time I press and hold a link in the browser for my passport the link becomes highlighted but NEVER do I get the option to open a new background tab.

This is the weirdest thing ever since I've been doing it the same way from my 9700 up until my Q10.

Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 11:26 PM
    If you go into your browser settings/display and actions, the first option is to open links in background. Check to see if that's on.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:03 AM
    Thanks but it is on which is why I'm confused as to why it's not working. When I press and hold a link I only get the. "Copy,search,share and paste" I never have gotten the link to background option...this is really annoying me...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:37 AM
    You don't get the option to open a new tab?
    03-21-15 07:57 AM
    Nope, it's extremely weird. If I press and hold a link I only get the copy, search, share and the select all...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 01:57 PM
    That's means it's taking the link as text and not a link. Have u tried various links from various sites to confirm it's not an issue on a particular site or a particular type of link. Also does tapping any link open it as normal.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:15 PM
    I see,

But I've tried it on many website, and always the same thing. Yes tapping the link opens the link as normal so I'm not sure how to fix this at all. I'm not even sure where to start at this point.

I tried switching the option on and off in the browser settings but still nothing, this is extremely weird.
    03-21-15 10:31 PM
    Well first tell us which os version your passport is on. Also did this thing happen from the very beginning or did you update in between and then it started.

Sometimes restarting your phone or doing a hard reset tends to refresh things and fix any such lingering issues so that should be the first thing to try if you haven't that is.

If that doesn't help then normally, seeing as it is a software issue, it is recommended to reinstall the os, especially if these issues started after some update. The recent updates have been known to cause issues for some people so that could be another reason considering you updated.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:12 PM
    Well first tell us which os version your passport is on. Also did this thing happen from the very beginning or did you update in between and then it started.

Sometimes restarting your phone or doing a hard reset tends to refresh things and fix any such lingering issues so that should be the first thing to try if you haven't that is.

If that doesn't help then normally, seeing as it is a software issue, it is recommended to reinstall the os, especially if these issues started after some update. The recent updates have been known to cause issues for some people so that could be another reason considering you updated.

Posted via CB10
    My OS version is: 10.3.1.2558 , this has been happening since I got the phone - granted I got the phone from the forums and nothing else on the phone OS or Hardware are broken or not working except for this. I forget what my previous OS was but it wasn't working on that OS either.

I thought a hard reset would work, when I installed the new OS I did a security wipe after the new OS was installed and before the restore. I will try to re-install the OS and see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    03-23-15 09:28 AM
    On my Passport, which is still running the original software that came with it (i.e. 10.3.0), when I press and hold a link in the browser a menu pops out from the right with 'Open in New Tab' as an option among others. I have added a pic below. Not sure why it's not working for you, but this is how it is supposed to work.

Cannot Open Links For New Tabs in Background???-img_20150325_002706.png
    03-25-15 01:34 AM