I have an unlocked Passport Silver Edition which reads my Rogers SIM and Roam Mobility SIM just fine. I bought the recently released AlwaysOnline Wireless SIM, but cannot adjust its APN settings. Does anyone know if this is an issue with my phone or the SIM card?

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    07-27-17 10:31 AM
    I have an unlocked Passport Silver Edition which reads my Rogers SIM and Roam Mobility SIM just fine. I bought the recently released AlwaysOnline Wireless SIM, but cannot adjust its APN settings. Does anyone know if this is an issue with my phone or the SIM card?

It appears to be a "feature" of the phone. I had he same situation with mine, bit I called my carrier (Total Wireless) and they gave me a new name to type into the APN field (which you CAN change, and that fixed the data issue.
    07-27-17 01:40 PM
    No, the APN settings for this particular SIM card were either greyed-out or frozen. I could not change them. I can, however, adjust the APN settings for my other SIMs.

07-28-17 10:04 AM
    Have u guys ever figured out how to turn silver edition to 4g, 3g or 2g like everyone else on youtube? Or am I not able to do that because of my carrier?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 11:41 AM
    Never could change the APN settings in my default phone company, tried another provider and I could tweak it.

Paying for 4g but only could use 3g.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 04:35 PM