Hey everyone...

Been keeping close tabs on the availability of the Passport since its launch. I am a Canadian living in Brazil and will be coming home for two weeks at the end of October/early November. Wondering if I will be able to pick up an unlocked Passport or not...

Really tired of my iPhone and would love to switch over...

What do you guys think, will I have any problems getting one?

Thanks, all the best!
    10-07-14 12:14 PM
    Keep checking shopblackerry.com, as their stock status seems to fluctuate. Where in Brazil are you going back to? My dad lives in Rio and I've thinking of sending him one, but not sure how without getting killed with duty.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:23 PM
    Hey! Thanks... that's what I've been doing lately but as it's getting closer I've been worried about delivery times as well.
    I live in S�o Paulo... I was looking at bringing back another one to sell but the customs agents have been cracking down on people bringing stuff into the country lately (especially electronics)... Just had a buddy come back from the US and he had to pay about R$5700 (loosely converted: $2300 USD) in fines and importation taxes.
    10-07-14 01:47 PM
    The good old way: go to the airport, ask someone if the would take a little parcel for you to Rio airport.

Wear you best shoes and sunglasses, have some of your heaviest friends with you and you bestlooking female friends as well.

Tell the person that a man will await him at the airport and collect the parcel.

Tell him that if he does not do that you will get killed (by taxes)

It should be very easy. Or just a great story to tell others.

Offer him a ride to his destination..... should be cheaper than taxes...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    Jason Coombs and AnimalPak200 like this.
    10-07-14 01:58 PM
    If you really want it unlocked I would keep checking the site to see when it's on stock and order it now. 2nd option is to buy from Telus and unlock it. They seem to be the only ones carrying it in stores.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Jason Coombs likes this.
    10-07-14 02:05 PM
    Many Telus stores have stock...

Posted via CB10
    Jason Coombs likes this.
    10-07-14 02:07 PM
    It depends on where you will be in Canada. Some areas it will be easier to find.

The best way would be to have a friend or family member in Canada order it for you from ShopBlackBerry. It will be cheaper that way, unlocked and you will get warranty on it from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Jason Coombs likes this.
    10-07-14 02:19 PM
    Telus seems to be the only option if you don't want to wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:46 PM
    Since you are coming from an iPhone, you have to realize that the BlackBerry warranty is through the original seller, not BlackBerry. This means if you buy a phone from Telus, you will not get Telus to do warranty work unless you are a Telus customer. If you buy from ShopBlackBerry, they deal with the warranty.
    10-07-14 02:52 PM
    Very good to know... seems like ShopBlackBerry will be the way to go unless they are out of stock until then...
    Since you are coming from an iPhone, you have to realize that the BlackBerry warranty is through the original seller, not BlackBerry. This means if you buy a phone from Telus, you will not get Telus to do warranty work unless you are a Telus customer. If you buy from ShopBlackBerry, they deal with the warranty.
    10-07-14 02:58 PM
    I am on the Sprint network and have been for to long to change, my plan is not even offered any longer. I understand the Passport is NEVER going to be available through Sprint. Is this correct information and if so, please help a girl out with the information I have seen regarding buying an "unlocked" passport and have the Sprint network "flashed" on to the Passport, its all a foreign language to me. Thanks
    10-07-14 03:05 PM
    I am on the Sprint network and have been for to long to change, my plan is not even offered any longer. I understand the Passport is NEVER going to be available through Sprint. Is this correct information and if so, please help a girl out with the information I have seen regarding buying an "unlocked" passport and have the Sprint network "flashed" on to the Passport, its all a foreign language to me. Thanks
    I don't think there is a Sprint compatible version of the Passport yet. At the top of the forum is a link to the Passport model numbers and carrier compatibility. Currently there is only one Passport Model and it does not have CDMA.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-961279/
    10-07-14 03:10 PM