If not how soon after?

CB10 on my Passport
    12-16-14 12:26 PM
    And what makes you think anything will come tomorrow, or any other day?
    Seems like an unreasonable request no?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:28 PM
    The level of transparency is quite disappointing. It's as though the PP was their first release.

CB10 on my Passport
    12-16-14 12:34 PM
    And what makes you think anything will come tomorrow, or any other day?
    Seems like an unreasonable request no?

Posted via CB10
    You're in a good mood!
    qwertyhgfdsa and will308 like this.
    12-16-14 12:36 PM
    LOL. The fact any come at all is a bonus. Sometimes each release brings on more issues

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:39 PM
    I actually think it's very reasonable; with the release of the Classic tomorrow, it's very much possible that it will be updated out of the box.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    12-16-14 12:44 PM
    I actually think it's very reasonable; with the release of the Classic tomorrow, it's very much possible that it will be updated out of the box.
    I'm with you on that !! And maybe a few surprises!!
    12-16-14 12:46 PM
    Whatever they release, it better fix the camera on the Passport. The current camera software is garbage. The worst on any smartphone that I have owned to date.
    12-16-14 01:09 PM
    Whatever they release, it better fix the camera on the Passport. The current camera software is garbage. The worst on any smartphone that I have owned to date.
    And if it doesn't? What will you do then?

Further I disagree that the current software is garbage. I've taken some very nice pictures with the current software.

The update will come when it comes. It will fix what it fixes.

Relax.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-16-14 01:48 PM
    Facts would dictate otherwise. Try to take a picture of any moving object with the Passport. Yep, can't be done, unless you're going for motion blur effect.

As for what I'm going to do...not sure...perhaps I'll hammer BlackBerry on it for a while. We'll see. I definitely won't live or do things by the "update will come when it comes. It will fix what it fixes." mantra. Complacence is the enemy of progress.
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    12-16-14 02:08 PM

Further I disagree that the current software is garbage. I've taken some very nice pictures with the current software.

Relax.

NOo, you have been taking very nice pictures thanks to the HARDWARE, the current software IS garbage!!!
    12-16-14 03:08 PM
    Facts would dictate otherwise. Try to take a picture of any moving object with the Passport. Yep, can't be done, unless you're going for motion blur effect.

As for what I'm going to do...not sure...perhaps I'll hammer BlackBerry on it for a while. We'll see. I definitely won't live or do things by the "update will come when it comes. It will fix what it fixes." mantra. Complacence is the enemy of progress.
    These were taken with the q10, do they not have the same software?

12-16-14 04:51 PM
    Haha really?? Then u must have missed out on the BlackBerry legacy camera's. Now those were terrible camera's in all honesty and that includes the 9900 although every so often I managed to get some nice pics.

But the Passport isn't as bad as some are making it out to be. I must be one of the lucky ones where I get some brilliant shots.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 05:08 PM

Relax.
    The camera is in fact garbage and your cavalier attitude does nothing to help.
    12-16-14 05:08 PM
    I don't see what all the fuss is about? I have taken some really nice picture with my PP. Imho it's the best camera that BlackBerry has released in their phones.

Loving my Passport!
    12-16-14 05:19 PM
    So far 10.3.1 hasn't even been announced yet. So I don't think that you can simply say BlackBerry lacks of transparency here in this regard. They most likely will show it off tomorrow with the Classic and I am pretty sure we'll also get news regarding an OTA roll-out for existing devices.

Yet even *if* BlackBerry will state the roll-out starts this week already, you carrier most likely will have the last word regarding a release. For example I got the small .1418 update roughly two to three weeks later after it rolled out for most people, thanks to o2.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 06:05 PM
    According to the certification people, no.

10.3.1.1154 (Classic launch OS) appears to be flickery crap on the Passport, anyway. 10.3.1.19xx (general release) should do the trick, although I'm expecting that one in January.

Or, according to the certification people, 10.3.1.1298 should be coming soon (https://ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/vi...?modelid=28112). No idea if it's any good, though. Sachesi/autoload that, since it isn't appearing for Passport (https://ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/vi...?modelid=25955).
    12-16-14 06:09 PM
    Would be nice to get an update for th Passport. I don't use my camera a lot, but I understand the request for software improvements.

What I don't understand is the grumpy responses. Come on folks, nice is easier than snarky.

Either way, looking forward to tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 06:11 PM
    And your attitude does? Really? Besides my attitude is not cavalier at all. It's realistic.

12-16-14 06:14 PM
    It's the same camera as was in the LG G2 isn't it? If so, the camera is very capable of excellent photos and even 4k video (android devs do good work at xda forums). So it is the software that is the issue. The camera itself isnt.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:42 PM
    If not how soon after?

CB10 on my Passport
    I would like to think so but I think it will be a bit longer than that .....................maybe jan but this is my guess
    12-16-14 10:53 PM
    Hardware camera :-its somewhat good if not better
    Camera software :- definitely needs a lot & lots of improvement.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 11:06 PM
    That's because you are using it wrong ;-). The camera is not garbage as you put it so eloquently, yes it's not great but far from being garbage.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:34 AM
    Expecting new OS on eve of classic release.
    12-17-14 04:11 AM
    You can put your expectations to rest. No new OS is being released.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:58 AM
28 12