I really love the shotcut key function, it's very useful and efficient.
    But you know, blackberry hasn't the back key like the android device, so I think can we assign a key for quit or back action?

Posted via CB10
    BluePumpkinBerry likes this.
    05-23-15 05:37 PM
    And refresh action, I wish!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 05:48 PM
    BlackBerry's don't have Home button either. It always takes time to get used to a new way of doing things.
    Press L to refresh a web page. More browser keyboard shortcuts:
    Shortcuts: Browser - How To - BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - 10.1
    05-23-15 05:55 PM
    Oh the joys of people coming from other platforms...

How hard is it to swipe up and click the "x" at the bottom right? And to go back, most apps on the bottom left have an arrow to go back a screen!

Posted via my Passport
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-23-15 06:28 PM
    Keeping thumbs on the keyboard is more efficient than swiping screen, because you have to hold the device at the same time. Except for full screen device.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 08:43 PM
    Keeping thumbs on the keyboard is more efficient than swiping screen, because you have to hold the device at the same time. Except for full screen device.

Posted via CB10
    I keep one hand on my passport and I can swipe and close with my other hand and hit the "x" and be done with the app, and I have small hands..
    05-23-15 09:48 PM
    And I want spacebar to act as lock unlock key

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 02:06 AM
    Right, me too, but if passport has quit or back shotcut key, these actions could be done more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 02:09 AM
    Are you guys seriously that lazy that you need keys assigned to do something that takes 2 seconds?

The answer is no, can't be done!

Posted via my Passport
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-24-15 05:42 AM
    I think it would be great to be able to assign a 'back' key like that, why not right? We all use our phones differently.
    05-24-15 05:42 AM
    A back key could be awesome...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 08:02 AM
    A back key is for Android, this is BB10. You want a back button go back to Android, if you want a home button, go back to Apple.

Every company is different for a reason. BB10 is different than Android and Apple and Windows phones.

Why would you want different ways to close an app? Is it because you don't want to touch the screen? BB10 made it super easy to close apps on a touch screen. Swipe up, hit the X, a lot easier than a possible key stroke combo.

Unlocking the phone? Hit the on/off button and swipe up, input password and viola. Not hard at all.

Posted via my Passport
    05-24-15 08:09 AM
    A back key is for Android, this is BB10. You want a back button go back to Android, if you want a home button, go back to Apple.
    Or just buy another BlackBerry that has those features. It's called the Classic.

Every company is different for a reason. BB10 is different than Android and Apple and Windows phones.
    Except they're not. But you didn't mention the reason.

Why would you want different ways to close an app? Is it because you don't want to touch the screen? BB10 made it super easy to close apps on a touch screen. Swipe up, hit the X, a lot easier than a possible key stroke combo.

Oh, yes, swiping up using a sweeping motion..........then........reaching again up for the app to where ever it landed.........then.......zeroing in on the tiny x to close it, is so much quicker than just squeezing the back button twice...with no movement required at all. Those darn keys are so darn conveniently located right under your fingers. If only there was a way to utilize them to do things you do dozens of times per day. But, hey, that would mean you'd have different ways to do things. And....who would ever want that?

Unlocking the phone? Hit the on/off button and swipe up, input password and viola. Not hard at all.

Posted via my Passport
    I love it when people say "not hard at all", which is not only based purely on opinion, it's basically useless if comparing to something that may be more or less hard.
    05-24-15 08:34 AM
    Are you guys seriously that lazy that you need keys assigned to do something that takes 2 seconds?
    Are you seriously that inefficient that you wouldn't want a way to make things happen faster?
    05-24-15 08:36 AM
    Oh the joys of people coming from other platforms...
    Oh the joys of people assuming that other people who want a better experience are "coming from other platforms".

Oh the joys of people assuming only their way of doing things, and only their low standards are the benchmark for all other users.

How hard is it to swipe up and click the "x" at the bottom right?
    Pointless question. But the simple answer is LESS HARD than just squeezing a button that is already resting under your thumb. But, please, by all means, continue to keep expending more time and energy to do the most mundane repeated tasks if you like.

most apps on the bottom left have an arrow to go back a screen!
    ....which is located further away from your digits holding the phone than the keys resting directly under them. Gosh....I wonder if that means you need to reach further to do that basic task? Hmmm.....let me think....
    05-24-15 08:41 AM

The answer is no, can't be done!

Posted via my Passport
    Well said Mercury. This thread is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:52 AM
    Well said Mercury. This thread is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's ridiculous to ask for more features from your phone. Everyone should should just settle for the slower, less efficient way of doing things. What everyone's hurry anyway? Darn city-folks...always in a hurry.

05-24-15 03:05 PM
    Back button and home button...both are present on all the blackberry legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 03:31 PM
    Legacy... software toolbelt on Q10 and PP superceded that some time ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 05:18 PM
    Back button and home button...both are present on all the blackberry legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    Ya legacy devices.... LEGACY... old, old technology. Get with the times..

Posted via my Passport
    05-24-15 08:57 PM
    Yes, it's ridiculous to ask for more features from your phone. Everyone should should just settle for the slower, less efficient way of doing things. What everyone's hurry anyway? Darn city-folks...always in a hurry.

The phone already has efficient ways to close apps and to go back in apps.

It takes more time to try to hit a key combo that will go back or close an app. If BlackBerry did include that, people will complain how inefficient it is, or that people accidentally close or go back in apps when hitting a key.

So Mr smart-***, it's ridiculous to ask for features that will end up being more of a hindrance than being effective.

What's wrong with swiping up to minimize a screen to click an X? My dad has very poor eye sight and has no issues on his Z30 hitting the x. I've got big fingers, doesn't stop me from hitting the X on my z10 or now my Passport.

This is just someone coming from another platform or an older platform wanting what they are used to. Welcome to bb10!

Posted via my Passport
    05-24-15 09:03 PM
    The phone already has efficient ways to close apps and to go back in apps.

It takes more time to try to hit a key combo that will go back or close an app. If BlackBerry did include that, people will complain how inefficient it is, or that people accidentally close or go back in apps when hitting a key.

So Mr smart-***, it's ridiculous to ask for features that will end up being more of a hindrance than being effective.

What's wrong with swiping up to minimize a screen to click an X? My dad has very poor eye sight and has no issues on his Z30 hitting the x. I've got big fingers, doesn't stop me from hitting the X on my z10 or now my Passport.

This is just someone coming from another platform or an older platform wanting what they are used to. Welcome to bb10!

Posted via my Passport
    Exactly. "Old dog needs to learn new tricks!"

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 01:49 AM
    How about this for an added feature?
    Swipe up once, your to the home screen. Which it has already.
    But swipe up again at the home screen, and the phone locks and turns the screen off.

Now how nice would that be?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-25-15 02:54 AM