Do you know the overhead that's in a retail store? They would need to sell ALOT more devices just to pay for the store(s). Plus, you don't open a store and start selling product the next day.
    I agree that the store might not be best right now. I thought amazon was a great idea, but I assumed BB would have its sh1t together and communicate with amazon and its customers about stock. I was wrong. Now amazon AND its customers are pissed.
    10-09-14 03:27 PM
    It's a cell phone. Calm down.

Posted via CB10
    dietertong likes this.
    10-09-14 03:31 PM
    Dude are you not reading any of all these posts. We understand BB's mistake in not wanting to overdo it. What is not okay is the TOTAL lack of communication of further inventory (if any). I literally have no clue if I will ever get any of the 2 orders I placed on 9/26/14. Neither does Blackerry's own store. That is shocking incompetence by Blackberry.
    Do you actually know that Blackberry knows when the next batch is ready to ship? If they thought it would be low volume sales and produced 500,000 and they are all sold or spoken for, then they have to resupply the factory with all the pieces that they need. Do you think that they are sitting on stock or build pieces and just twiddling their thumbs? Maybe they have to reorder screens, etc from suppliers in the east and get them shipped to Mexico where they are being built. Stop being such a drama queen.
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    10-09-14 03:33 PM
    Amazon said via customer care that there is no expected ship date, they are as clueless as we are. Offered to cancel my order (which I didn't) and gave me a $5 credit which was nice of them I suppose.
    10-09-14 03:37 PM
    This is like the thousandth thread over the last week which focuses on the orders from shopBB/ Amazon (okay maybe I exaggerated a bit). I think the mods should step in to rationalize the number of threads on almost the same topic.

To those who ordered and haven't received it yet. You'll get it when its back in stock.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-09-14 03:42 PM
    'High Priority'. LOL Shades of the Z10 delivery system after the fire sale last November....DR is a disaster. Unfortunately, Blackberry (RIM) has been a disaster for years now, so DR is the best we can expect from Blackberry for the foreseeable future.
    10-09-14 03:44 PM
    It's rather silly.

Sell your stock to start, next bunch, "7-10 days to ship", next batch, "3-4 weeks to ship".

Apple does it, and people understand and wait. (And/or go crazy lining up to get devices in person.)

Blackberry should do the same, next flagship launch. When there's uncertainty, err long, and then get people their phones "early".
    Backberry doesn't know what they will do tomorrow let alone in 3-4 weeks. This is not a company in a position to know what they are doing long term. Just hope for the best!
    10-09-14 03:54 PM
    No one is asking BlackBerry to make 10 million and ship them by yesterday.

Most are merely asking BlackBerry give a decent estimate.

Making devices = hard
    Coming out and saying guys, we got big demand, give us 2 months we got a big backlog = fair enough

Posted via CB10
    tigerinexile likes this.
    10-09-14 04:08 PM
    Why is DR billing people for items that have not shipped? I just called because my card has been debited by DR without any shipping confirmation, I was advised that the product is on back order and would ship once inventory was replenished but no firm date was available. This violates all merchant agreements and FTC regulations let alone DR's own shipping policy, what gives?
    10-09-14 04:09 PM
    North America is no longer a top priority market for BlackBerry. Get used to that. The U.S. has gone overwhelmingly iPhone and Android. There are 4 tier one carriers in the U.S. - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. T-Mobile has disavowed BlackBerry and stopped selling BlackBerry devices. Verizon still sells them but doesn't bother to put demo units on display, nor do they keep any BlackBerry in stock. It's on a per-order only basis. Sprint has faded on their commitment to BlackBerry, but they have their own problems. That leaves AT&T, and even AT&T is more concerned with iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S/Note sales.

If the OP wants to see an ordering disaster, look at some of the Apple fanboy forums (like MacRumors). The crush of pre-orders for the iPhone crashed carrier order systems, Apple's ordering system, and even crippled FedEx's tracking system. This was a poochscrew of epic proportions.
    10-09-14 04:10 PM
    I think the reason some people are frustrated is because they don't know when it will be available. I personally think the online store should accept orders and let people know it's backordered and that the phone will ship within 1 week or 2 weeks or 4 weeks or whatever.

North America is no longer a top priority market for BlackBerry. Get used to that. The U.S. has gone overwhelmingly iPhone and Android. There are 4 tier one carriers in the U.S. - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. T-Mobile has disavowed BlackBerry and stopped selling BlackBerry devices. Verizon still sells them but doesn't bother to put demo units on display, nor do they keep any BlackBerry in stock. It's on a per-order only basis. Sprint has faded on their commitment to BlackBerry, but they have their own problems. That leaves AT&T, and even AT&T is more concerned with iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S/Note sales.

If the OP wants to see an ordering disaster, look at some of the Apple fanboy forums (like MacRumors). The crush of pre-orders for the iPhone crashed carrier order systems, Apple's ordering system, and even crippled FedEx's tracking system. This was a poochscrew of epic proportions.
    You realize that in BlackBerry's latest financials, it showed that revenue in North America increased.
    10-09-14 04:15 PM
    CrackBerry advising about back-orders would be redundant at this point. They will be well-aware of the situation.

Please continue the discussion here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-passport-f434/each-passing-day-i-become-more-frustrated-965987/index8.html#post10950352

10-09-14 04:17 PM
37 12