So I'm a noob,

There's a website that allows me to view my cctv cameras but it requires the user install an exe type plugin that I can't install? This is viewing via browser at an ip address.

The app for viewing is available for bb7 not 10 and the android apk file version I can't get to run on the passport just crashes soon as it opens.

Just wanted to know if there might be a a solution here.

Software app I'm trying to run is called Tmeye. Which u can't find on bworld on a bb10 device.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 12:06 PM
    Yes but sidelaoding is necessary!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-26-14 12:08 PM
    I sideloaded the apk file runs and crashes?

Or do you mean using ddpb? But that only takes bar files.

How would you sideload the exe file? I tried transferring it from computer as a file to downloads but when I try to open it, it says can't unzip read only file.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 12:14 PM
    While you can extract rar files, you cannot run an x86 .exe file on a mobile device. Neither Android, BB10, or iOS can. The Surface Pro devices can run .exe's, but that is because they are intel processors running true Windows OS's - not mobile chips on mobile OS's.

You CAN install the android .apk if it has one though, but as you have found out those don't always run without messing with. Maybe posting the .APK to one of the software forums in here can get a programmer to look at it to see it it is able to run.

You can also try to use a .apk to .bar converter and sideload it, not sure if that will do anything tho.
    10-26-14 12:36 PM
    I use the app IP cam viewer lite by Robert Chou downloaded from Google playstore (using Snap). The app works with IP cameras and DVR. The setup is fairly easy and works very well

Passport
    10-26-14 01:08 PM
    You cannot run *.exe files on a BlackBerry device.

What is the brand / model of your CCTV cameras? Maybe there are other Android apps compatible with them.
    10-26-14 01:21 PM
    My CCTV cameras also have an IP to view them, but I don't need an .exe to view them. Just point my browser to the IP and login. Can you not do this? Not exactly sure why you need a program to view a webpage.
    10-26-14 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the tips

I can login via Internet Explorer on any pc by typing in the ip address buts the browser then asks for a plugin, the plugin is the exe file.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:33 PM