I would not recommend using sim adapter because sometimes it can damage your sim slot. Just be careful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree.

Our own Kevin M. posted a video on the danger.
    SEE HERE:
    How to break a brand new BlackBerry in less than a minute | CrackBerry.com

Many times, you can put a micro in a full sized slot without any adapter *depending on the phone SIM port design*. I do this on my 9900 and did it on my 9780. The contact pins are spring loaded and hold it in place just fine. No adapter needed. This way I can put the same sim in my 9900 or my WindowsPhone or iPhone.
    07-01-15 05:33 PM
    I agree.

Our own Kevin M. posted a video on the danger.
    SEE HERE:
    How to break a brand new BlackBerry in less than a minute | CrackBerry.com
    In that video, Kevin M had a brain fart. He basically put in the adapter the wrong way, it got snagged on the pins, and a couple of pins broke in his efforts to get remove the adapter. There is nothing to say that if he had put the adapter in correctly, there would have been an issue.

Moral of the story/video: make sure to put in the adapter as shown.
    07-01-15 05:49 PM
    In that video, Kevin M had a brain fart. He basically put in the adapter the wrong way, it got snagged on the pins, and a couple of pins broke in his efforts to get remove the adapter. There is nothing to say that if he had put the adapter in correctly, there would have been an issue.

Moral of the story/video: make sure to put in the adapter as shown.
    Kev:

I ruined a SIM port with an adapter that WAS put in CORRECTLY, and yes, with the sim card in it. A pin still stuck and pulled out when I removed the SIM Adapter.

Now, if you have a sim port that has no tension on the reader prongs, no worries. But I'd not take that chance. Ruining one phone was enough for me.

And Keven M. was right. He could have just put that MICRO SIM in that large port as is. Works great. I did it for years in my 9780 and still do it in my 9900.
    07-01-15 06:11 PM
    Oh...did you mean can you keep two SIMs active at the same time for the same line? If that's what you're asking--they won't let you do that. And they most likely won't re-activate a "used" SIM card either, so you'll be going through new SIM cards every time you want to use the right sized SIM for your phone.
    Yes they will let you do that, although it depends on the carrier. I have a sim in my passport and a sim for the same number in my Z10 for when I'm out jogging or cycling.
    The last sim to connect will always be the active one...
    I'm in belgium on Base, don't know about other countries, but I suspect it's possible everywhere but depending on the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:30 PM
    I still have my Z10 and HTC HD Mini with me. And whenever I want to use either one of them using the SIM card installed in my Passport, I have to use adapter.

Attachment 360253

So far, I have no issue when using these adapters. Although it is really advisable to use properly cut SIM card suited for your device, but if you can't avoid it, an extra careful installation is a must when using adapter.

Posted via CB10
    In my experience, SIM Adapters are ok on iPhone SIM trays. The problem with adapters are on spring loaded SIM trays like the BlackBerry.

In iPhone, Lumia, most HTC phones the sim is placed in a steel like guide which also acts as a sim card cover. And in these cases the danger of it getting stuck in the pins are lower. With the spring type, the danger of it getting stuck goes up exponentially higher.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:32 PM
    Yes they will let you do that, although it depends on the carrier.
    Right. The two biggest US GSM carriers don't, though.
    07-01-15 08:14 PM
    In my experience, SIM Adapters are ok on iPhone SIM trays. The problem with adapters are on spring loaded SIM trays like the BlackBerry.

In iPhone, Lumia, most HTC phones the sim is placed in a steel like guide which also acts as a sim card cover. And in these cases the danger of it getting stuck in the pins are lower. With the spring type, the danger of it getting stuck goes up exponentially higher.

Posted via CB10
    I screwed up a lumia 925 because i used an adapter in the slot.
    07-02-15 12:04 AM
    Kev:

I ruined a SIM port with an adapter that WAS put in CORRECTLY, and yes, with the sim card in it. A pin still stuck and pulled out when I removed the SIM Adapter.

Now, if you have a sim port that has no tension on the reader prongs, no worries. But I'd not take that chance. Ruining one phone was enough for me.

And Keven M. was right. He could have just put that MICRO SIM in that large port as is. Works great. I did it for years in my 9780 and still do it in my 9900.
    Duly noted and I respect those points. My post was related to the video which, in my opinion, was not a good argument against the use of adapters. In any event, the general sense from the posts here is one of mixed opinions and results with adapters. Nevertheless, living in Canada and having three BB phones and only allowed one SIM with the same number, I am still curious to try the adapter, especially in my 9810. Despite its shortcomings, I love that phone and would love the occasional fling with it - just for old time's sake
    07-02-15 09:23 AM
    well thank you for all your help, I am just going to pass on getting the Passport so i dont screw it up and it would be my luck that I would.

Im ready for a KB on the slider even though my Z30 is great im old school and like a KB
    07-02-15 09:35 AM
    well thank you for all your help, I am just going to pass on getting the Passport so i dont screw it up and it would be my luck that I would.

Im ready for a KB on the slider even though my Z30 is great im old school and like a KB

Exactly what they said. Wouldn't recommend using an adapter on a springload sim tray. You can always just go to your carrier and tell me you got a new phone, want to get it activated, and need a new sim. Free of charge with AT&T. For Verizon, I've heard mixed stories. I'm sure if you go to a corporate retail store it will be free. If it is an authorized dealer I've heard them charge $10.
    07-02-15 12:33 PM
    Duly noted and I respect those points. My post was related to the video which, in my opinion, was not a good argument against the use of adapters. In any event, the general sense from the posts here is one of mixed opinions and results with adapters. Nevertheless, living in Canada and having three BB phones and only allowed one SIM with the same number, I am still curious to try the adapter, especially in my 9810. Despite its shortcomings, I love that phone and would love the occasional fling with it - just for old time's sake
    I hear that.

I used a 9780 with a micro-sim for three years bridged to my Playbook. I hate to sell it as it's unlocked and I can use it as a backup especially when I go to Europe or Canada.

I have a 9900 that I use as my business phone. I know it's outdated to many, but I love it and have no issue with BIS. To me, its purely a business phone. That's all. I have a new Android for apps and for a 2nd line. Totally different network too so I have overlapping coverage to have a better chance of getting coverage no matter where I am.
    07-02-15 01:40 PM
    Why not go with another carrier for a personal phone such as T-Mobile for unlimited talk, text and data with no contract for $40/month.

Purchase an unlocked Passport (Model SQW100-1) new or used from EBay, Amazon, Craigslist or Blackberry wold (refurbished or new). T-Mobile will furnish the nano sim card.

Maybe a Blackberry Classic from T-Mobile with no contract and monthly payment for phone without any finance charges.

I have been used EVERY model of Blackberry (Z10, Z30, Q10 and now Passport) with T-Mobile and have had great service as well as great customer service as well!

There must me a program that will forward calls from you business phone to your personal phone so you might not have to carry two phones. Carrying two phones, one company and one private is not the worst situation as you know that all of your private/personal conversations made on you private phone will stay that way and not be accessed by your employer.....
    07-02-15 02:15 PM
37 12