Hi all,

I have a work Iphone 4s and I only use it for one or two things and was thinking about getting a Passport. Can I take the sim from the IP4S and use it in the Passport, I know it would need to be cut down but when taking it from the PP and put it back into the IP4S is there a adapter for the nano to use then?

Or maybe this is just a futile thing to try?

My phone is a Z30 on Verizon
    06-30-15 05:52 PM
    You can, I went all mister danger and cut our sim cards with an exacto knife. Worked perfect on mine, worked pretty good for my wife. But if you have access to do it right - that would be the best case scenario.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers (pin:lsummers) | FileArchiveHaven
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-30-15 05:56 PM
    Ok is there an adapter to put the nano into so I can put it back into the IP4S?
    06-30-15 06:03 PM
    Ok is there an adapter to put the nano into so I can put it back into the IP4S?
    Nano to microsim adapter.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    KermEd likes this.
    06-30-15 06:12 PM
    If you use a SIM cutter tool just keep the border that's punched out as the adapter; it works great.

Noosy makes a good one for ~$11 on Amazon, very handy little guy.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-30-15 07:04 PM
    Bummer. The Passport takes a Nano? I have a Micro and shuffle it around from my 9900 to my WindowsPhone to my iPhone. I just use it as is in my 9900 even though the 9900 takes a regular SIM. The spring loaded sensors keep it in place. You can't use any adapters or they will catch on the sensors and you'll damage them when you take out the SIM. Kevin M. did a video on this years ago when he put a micro SIM in an adapter and then put it in a brand new 9900. It got horribly stuck and he damaged the pins when he removed it. So I just juggle the Micro in the Sim port on my 9900 until it's centered and the spring loaded Pin sensors keep it in place no problem.

Anyway, I really want a Passport and plan on buying one later this year. But I really don't want to Nano my SIM. I suppose I could just get a CDMA Passport and just put it on Sprint or Verizon Prepay to replace my Android. That's on Virgin (Spring MVNO). Damn. I wish it was a Micro. I know everything is going Nano. What's next? Miniscule SIM?
    06-30-15 07:08 PM
    Bummer. The Passport takes a Nano? I have a Micro and shuffle it around from my 9900 to my WindowsPhone to my iPhone. I just use it as is in my 9900 even though the 9900 takes a regular SIM. The spring loaded sensors keep it in place. You can't use any adapters or they will catch on the sensors and you'll damage them when you take out the SIM. Kevin M. did a video on this years ago when he put a micro SIM in an adapter and then put it in a brand new 9900. It got horribly stuck and he damaged the pins when he removed it. So I just juggle the Micro in the Sim port on my 9900 until it's centered and the spring loaded Pin sensors keep it in place no problem.

Anyway, I really want a Passport and plan on buying one later this year. But I really don't want to Nano my SIM. I suppose I could just get a CDMA Passport and just put it on Sprint or Verizon Prepay to replace my Android. That's on Virgin (Spring MVNO). Damn. I wish it was a Micro. I know everything is going Nano. What's next? Miniscule SIM?
    There's no CDMA Passport. Nano is as small as they'll go. Too small and it becomes unmanageable.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-30-15 07:30 PM
    There's no CDMA Passport. Nano is as small as they'll go. Too small and it becomes unmanageable.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Yes, I know. It was a satirical post.

Although, I'm surprised Verizon or Sprint did not contract for a Passport.
    06-30-15 07:45 PM
    Are there any stores that carry these sim adapters?
    06-30-15 07:57 PM
    Are there any stores that carry these sim adapters?
    Pawn shops, cell phone repair shops, even some carriers have them in store for use / purchase. Best Buy sometimes has them as well or the 'sticker guides' for cutting them yourself Just depends. Can even print one out lol - http://www.gosoftworks.com/GoSoftWor.../nanosima4.pdf

Can I take the Sim from a IPhone 4s and put into the Passport?-91817.jpg
    Superfly_FR and ProjectBrett like this.
    06-30-15 08:02 PM
    Lol I don't get why people just don't grab a new Sim from their carrier? Like 5 bucks or free even.

Posted via CB10
    shupor likes this.
    06-30-15 08:06 PM
    I would not recommend using sim adapter because sometimes it can damage your sim slot. Just be careful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-30-15 08:11 PM
    Lol I don't get why people just don't grab a new Sim from their carrier? Like 5 bucks or free even.

Posted via CB10
    Could they replacate the sim in a nano so I could keep the sim out of the IP4S and put the nano in the PP? Money is not the issue its just I hate my work IP and would like the PP to use for free on works dime
    06-30-15 08:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Could they replacate the sim in a nano so I could keep the sim out of the IP4S and put the nano in the PP? Money is not the issue its just I hate my work IP and would like the PP to use for free on works dime
    06-30-15 08:16 PM
    If by replicate you mean issue a new nano SIM for the same account/line: yes. But are you authorized to do this transaction at the carrier, given that this is a work phone?
    06-30-15 08:29 PM
    I wish I had replicated sims so i could just grab and power on any device and be on my way. i carefully use adapters by SAdapter to go between Passport and even other spring loaded sim tray devices or legacy devices. Haven't had an issue, yet... but would prefer not to even sim swap and will keep it in a device for a while before switching again. Now it's in the Passport .

Sent from my Hot Pink BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    06-30-15 08:35 PM
    If by replicate you mean issue a new nano SIM for the same account/line: yes. But are you authorized to do this transaction at the carrier, given that this is a work phone?
    No im not that is why im asking all the questions. Thanks Raino for bringing this up
    06-30-15 08:35 PM
    No im not that is why im asking all the questions. Thanks Raino for bringing this up
    Oh...did you mean can you keep two SIMs active at the same time for the same line? If that's what you're asking--they won't let you do that. And they most likely won't re-activate a "used" SIM card either, so you'll be going through new SIM cards every time you want to use the right sized SIM for your phone.
    06-30-15 08:42 PM
    You also have to consider that your employer might use "find my phone" to track the location of your work issued phone(and you as well) and if you remove the sim, flags might be raised. I would not do it if I were you.
    raino likes this.
    06-30-15 09:35 PM
    i dont think they would but everything is possible.

I think Ill just hold off on the PP to much hassle and keep my Verizon Z30
    06-30-15 10:08 PM
    Just ask whoever is at your work. I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge issue unless they have a hard on for iphone which could possibly be as many companies now do.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-30-15 10:28 PM
    I still have my Z10 and HTC HD Mini with me. And whenever I want to use either one of them using the SIM card installed in my Passport, I have to use adapter.

Can I take the Sim from a IPhone 4s and put into the Passport?-img_20150701_063127.jpg

So far, I have no issue when using these adapters. Although it is really advisable to use properly cut SIM card suited for your device, but if you can't avoid it, an extra careful installation is a must when using adapter.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-30-15 11:32 PM
    Oh...did you mean can you keep two SIMs active at the same time for the same line? If that's what you're asking--they won't let you do that. And they most likely won't re-activate a "used" SIM card either, so you'll be going through new SIM cards every time you want to use the right sized SIM for your phone.
    I think this is carrier-dependent. I'm with Telus, and have switched micro/nano sims to active status online several times -- on the same data/cell plan.
    raino likes this.
    07-01-15 01:14 AM
    I think this is carrier-dependent. I'm with Telus, and have switched micro/nano sims to active status online several times -- on the same data/cell plan.
    Oh so Telus lets you re-use old SIM cards? That's customer friendly and so...un-Canadian carrier-like

Can't do that on TMO, and AFAIK (as of two years ago,) AT&T.
    07-01-15 11:26 AM
    I still have my Z10 and HTC HD Mini with me. And whenever I want to use either one of them using the SIM card installed in my Passport, I have to use adapter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150701_063127.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	360253

So far, I have no issue when using these adapters. Although it is really advisable to use properly cut SIM card suited for your device, but if you can't avoid it, an extra careful installation is a must when using adapter.

Posted via CB10
    Where did ya get that pack of adapters?
    07-01-15 02:32 PM
37 12