I actually have 2 related questions (I have AT&T BB PP):

1) When I pull up any contact in the phone app, say my mother, it gives me the following list:

*Call Work 555-1212
    *Call Work Private 555-1213
    *Call Fax 555-1211
    *Call Mobile 555-1214
    --------------------------------------
    *Text Work 555-1212
    *Text Work Private 555-1213
    *Text Fax 555-1211
    * Text Mobile 555-1214

Can I remove the options to "TEXT" work, work private, fax, etc? I can't text those numbers, so it shouldn't even be an option. Several of my contacts have even more phone numbers than this and "mobile" is always on the bottom so I have to scroll down to send a text to their mobile number.

2) When I use BB Assistant, I start typing "text mom" and then it lists all of her numbers row by row. However, it doesn't say which number is work, work private, fax or mobile. I ended up sending a text to her work without realizing it and she never got it. I want to remove the option to even "TEXT" her work or fax since that isn't possible. Also, BB Assistant should list which numbers are what account (it should pull up the number and say "home" or "mobile", etc.)

Any ideas?
    06-03-15 03:45 PM
    Can I remove the options to "TEXT" work, work private, fax, etc? I can't text those numbers, so it shouldn't even be an option. Several of my contacts have even more phone numbers than this and "mobile" is always on the bottom so I have to scroll down to send a text to their mobile number.
    View the contact, tap edit at the bottom, tap the X beside the entry you wish to remove / no longer show.

Can I change the Contacts Options?-img_20150603_135423.jpg
    06-03-15 03:53 PM
    But doesn't that just remove the number all together? I still want the work number but it's a land line. I just don't want it to pop up as an option when I want to text.
    BluePumpkinBerry likes this.
    06-03-15 04:44 PM
    I tried to EDIT --> X out the number and it deleted the entire number. I don't want the entire number deleted. I just want the option to TEXT a landline deleted.

Thanks.
    06-03-15 06:46 PM
    I don't think there is a way to do that. If there is I haven't figured it out yet

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:14 PM
    The best solution would be if the contacts app recognized the difference between "mobile" and "work" phone numbers, so the option to text doesn't pop up when calling a work number.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    BluePumpkinBerry likes this.
    06-03-15 08:19 PM
    Problem is that people like me sometimes put a contact's mobile phone in the Work field. So I need all the options.

In fact, some PIM's default to adding a phone number to Work...stupidly.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 08:30 AM
    Problem is that people like me sometimes put a contact's mobile phone in the Work field. So I need all the options.

In fact, some PIM's default to adding a phone number to Work...stupidly.

Posted via CB10
    That shouldn't be a problem because some people work phone is their mobile phone. Their should be an option of some kind where we could say what numbers could be texted to.
    06-04-15 09:17 AM
    OK, thanks for everyone's response. There really should be a way to "X" out the ability to send a text to work, fax, home, etc. if I want. (Perhaps a screen shot like Bla1ze above, where we have the ability to "X" out an action associated with a number)

I am finding that because of this, BB Assistant just isn't working for me. When I type "text mom", it brings up 4 separate rows of my mother's phone numbers but doesn't say which number is to which line. Therefore, I end up backing out and just going to the Text app.

Also, when I use verbal BB Assistant and verbally say "text mom", it asks if I want to text mom, I say "Yes", then it asks which number I want to text and I say "mobile". By the time I do all that, I might as well just go to the text app.

I am almost tempted to divide up all of my contacts and have a contact called 'Mom Mobile' & another contact called 'Mom Work/home/fax'. But then I would have to do that for everyone I text to...which is everyone!
    06-04-15 12:02 PM
    I also struggle with this and don't use the Assistant at all for this reason. I'm sorry not to have a response more helpful but wanted to get on this thread in case a solution appears.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 01:49 PM
    No because you can text to landline too. It's been around for a few years now.

06-04-15 02:05 PM
    How about typing or saying, "text mom mobile" or "text mom home".

2) When I use BB Assistant, I start typing "text mom" and then it lists all of her numbers row by row. However, it doesn't say which number is work, work private, fax or mobile. I ended up sending a text to her work without realizing it and she never got it. I want to remove the option to even "TEXT" her work or fax since that isn't possible. Also, BB Assistant should list which numbers are what account (it should pull up the number and say "home" or "mobile", etc.)

Any ideas?
    06-04-15 02:10 PM
    Hi Thymaster,

I have tried typing "text mom mobile" and it does what I described above - gives me a line by line list of each of her phone numbers, without stating which phone number is home/mobile/work/fax/etc. So I end up backing out of BB Assistant and just going to the text app.

I know you can text landlines, but since the majority of texts are to mobile devices, it would be nice if there was an option to turn off specific actions to specific phone numbers. Or it would be nice if I could order the contact phone numbers how I want. (i.e. list mobile phone numbers first, so I always know the first number listed is their mobile number).

If anyone has figured a way to do this, please share! Thanks.
    06-08-15 12:14 PM
    Are you on 10.3.2.680 or 798?I only ask because Assistance works like it should when texting or calling on these builds if I say call so and so mobile it just calls now!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 06:42 PM
    I am n the AT&T PP:

Software: 10.3.1.1372

So if AT&T ever releases the latest release, it should work for me?
    06-09-15 12:49 PM