After a few months with my passport, I am finding that I have trouble with the camera.

I don't remember having this problem with my Z10 camera, so I'm wondering if it is just my phone or a common issue...

Basically photos come out overexposed, or "too white", "too much light"... not sure that makes sense, but it's just really hard to take a crisp picture with normal colors, they all seem washed out and overly lit up.

is this just me?

is there any way to fix this?
    08-31-16 05:58 PM
    Check the topic under this section" Pictures Taken with the Passport camera" and see for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 06:37 PM
    That doesn't really answer my question.

Anyone heard of any color/exposure issues with the camera?
    09-11-16 10:15 PM
    Move the target box around on the screen before taking the picture, that will adjust the white balance. Also look at settings for what mode you are shooting in.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 11:49 PM
    move it around how?? any specific way? I've been trying that, but just find it "focuses". Today all my pictures in sunlight came out completely washed out. This is getting really frustrating. My z10 was spectacular, I didn't think going to a passport would result in a camera downgrade.

I have settings set to "auto".

There has to be a way to adjust white balance.
    09-25-16 01:00 AM
    Hardware failing...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-25-16 02:33 AM
    Or please make sure that there's no hand "oil"(?) on ur camera. Make sure to wipe it with clean & soft cloth before taking any picture just to ensure that the oil wasn't a main issues. I find this is the solution to many of the "overexpose" problem even with the iPhone.

From the Majestic BlackBerry Passport
    09-25-16 04:29 AM
    Hardware issue
    09-25-16 04:42 AM
    After a few months with my passport, I am finding that I have trouble with the camera.

I don't remember having this problem with my Z10 camera, so I'm wondering if it is just my phone or a common issue...

Basically photos come out overexposed, or "too white", "too much light"... not sure that makes sense, but it's just really hard to take a crisp picture with normal colors, they all seem washed out and overly lit up.

is this just me?

is there any way to fix this?
    I've been having this issue a lot with my Passport when trying to photo product labels for work especially if using the flash. I work on the road and have to at times capture pictures of model numbers etc. I have to make sure the area lighting is perfect and not use the flash. Also any shaking of the phone causes constant refocus. The camera has to be held at the perfect distance otherwise the photo looks like a big white spot. Some times I have to reach behind items and just snap a picture and hope it looks good. Lately I have gone back to carrying my digital camera when I need to take pictures.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    09-25-16 08:37 AM
    exactly!!! I've been using a regular digital camera a lot lately.... I have a really really good one... so I'm probably better off anyways, but the point is, sometimes you really just want your phone camera to work decent.

I cant figure out how its possible that you cant select exposure settings on this thing.
    09-26-16 10:29 PM
    Are there any photo apps that allow adjustment of white balance and other settings? Kind of like the Priv has on the main camera screen where you can slide one way or the other to brighten or darken the shot...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 08:00 AM