TL;DR: Please recommend a good call recorder app that works well on the Passport

I discovered the benefits of having a Call recorder app installed on my phone that automatically records every phone call made to and from my phone.

If you've never installed a Call Recorder app you should consider it. I realized their benefits after having a phone conversation that would have been worth a lot of $$$ if I had recorded it. It's easy to delete and manage the recordings and they take up surprisingly little memory storage.

Anyway, I had a native call recorder installed on my Z10 that worked great.

Unfortunately my Z10 is out of commission right now with a broken battery pin and for the life of me I can't remember the name of the Call recorder app I have installed on it.

I tried the native 'Call Recorder 10' app from BlackBerry world that looks good and just may be the one I have on my Z10 but the recordings are coming out all garbled.

Can anyone recommend a good Call Recorder app (Pay or Free) that works well on the Passport? A native app is preferable.

Thanks a bunch of BlackBerries!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DenimAndLeather; 11-07-14 at 11:39 AM.
    11-06-14 09:22 AM
    Parrot - Voice Recorder is good, it's free but if you want to unlock its' features (including call recording) you can pay for it in-app. It's very good.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25431881

Also, Echo is good, as well, and it's free too. EDIT: my apologies, I thought Echo was also a call recorder too, but I was mistaken.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59933402

Posted with my Canadian Passport
    Last edited by SharonRD; 11-06-14 at 12:47 PM.
    peterburns likes this.
    11-06-14 11:57 AM
    Parrot worked fine for call recording when I had the Q10 but has since sounded like Alvin & The Chipmunks on the Passport.
    11-06-14 12:00 PM
    Really? Worked well on my Q10 too, but I haven't used it since putting it on the Passport, will have to check it out then.

11-06-14 12:07 PM
    Thanks Sharon & Paul,

I didn't even realize Parrot did call recording, thought it was just straight voice recorder, they should really add the keyword 'Call' to the name.

I will buy it and test it out. Always like to support a native app.

Keep the recommendations for a good Voice recorder coming. Thanks :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:11 PM
    Just bought and tested Parrot Pro call recording. Unfortunately my test call recording was garbled as well.

Otherwise the app looks great, hopefully they update it soon for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:21 PM
    Just bought and tested Parrot Pro call recording. Unfortunately my test call recording was garbled as well.

Otherwise the app looks great, hopefully they update it soon for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    If you let the developer know about the issue he will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    11-06-14 12:23 PM
    Yes, the developer needs to be contacted so he's aware of the issue.

11-06-14 12:48 PM
    Parrot Pro works great for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 01:43 PM
    11-06-14 02:01 PM
    I contacted the developer and the response was
    'Sometimes this error can happen if another app hasn?t released the microphone. This may persist until you restart your phone. Therefore, to fix this issue, please restart your phone.'

Needless to say I've restarted multiple times and same alvin & the chipmunks garble. Yes, more people need to alert the developer about this ongoing issue.

Formerly Q10 ~ Now the Passport on TMobile
    11-06-14 11:06 PM
    I had the same problem on my Z30 until I turned recording quality down to the medium setting and that seems to have resolved the problem, at least for me.

Posted via CB10
    peterburns likes this.
    11-06-14 11:18 PM
    I had the same problem on my Z30 until I turned recording quality down to the medium setting and that seems to have resolved the problem, at least for me.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I will change that.. although you shouldn't have to settle for a lower quality in order for it to work. I'll have to try it on that setting and see if it works.

Formerly Q10 ~ Now the Passport on TMobile
    11-07-14 10:37 AM
    Most of my calls have worked well. I have had the issue of rapid playback. You might be able to slow it down with an audio editing tool for PC or Mac but I haven't tried that yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the suggestion. I turned down audio quality in the Parrot app to low and that helped alot.

Parrot is now automatically recording calls on my Passport when using the earpiece. Unfortunately call recordings are still garbled when using the speakerphone. Better than nothing.

I emailed the developer yesterday but have not heard back as yet.

Beware: I had to pay the $2.99 Parrot upgrade twice. I deleted the Parrot app the first time while doing my testing and when I downloaded Parrot again there was no history of my upgrade purchase in BlackBerry world since it is an in-app purchase. I like supporting developers but not that much lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I turned down audio quality in the Parrot app to low and that helped alot.

Parrot is now automatically recording calls on my Passport when using the earpiece. Unfortunately call recordings are still garbled when using the speakerphone. Better than nothing.

I emailed the developer yesterday but have not heard back as yet.

Beware: I had to pay the $2.99 Parrot upgrade twice. I deleted the Parrot app the first time while doing my testing and when I downloaded Parrot again there was no history of my upgrade purchase in BlackBerry world since it is an in-app purchase. I like supporting developers but not that much lol.

Posted via CB10
    You know the developers aren't robbers... if you email them about the issue they are usually very nice about it and will give back access that was somehow lost.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:42 PM
    You know the developers aren't robbers... if you email them about the issue they are usually very nice about it and will give back access that was somehow lost.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree, developers tend to be fair and accommodating. For $2.99 I won't bother harassing them. Not sure if I was actually charged a second because I never received a 2nd purchase receipt email.

Any who, I downloaded the premium Call Recorder 10 again and got it working -- as long as I don't put the call on speakerphone it works fine. It appears the speakerphone seems to be what is causing the garbled call recordings.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:02 PM
    Phone Call Recorder Pro has been updated and works great on the Passport. No need to put on speaker. Records both sides and the quality is good.

Check it out Call Recorder Pro - BlackBerry World
    11-26-14 10:26 AM
    No matter what there is still no API to access voice calls so sound quality of "phone recording apps" is hit or miss. I have Parrot pro and I was never able to record a proper conversation.
    11-26-14 11:02 AM
    No matter what there is still no API to access voice calls so sound quality of "phone recording apps" is hit or miss. I have Parrot pro and I was never able to record a proper conversation.
    From my testing Phone Call Recorder PRO works great on the Passport. The quality from other call is very good.
    peterburns likes this.
    11-26-14 11:28 AM
    Works fine on my Passport
    07-27-15 07:33 AM
    I was using Parrot - but I had the same issue, recording calls on speakerphone was garbled.
    07-27-15 10:51 AM
    Parrot wins for me. Set the sound quality to maximum and get the pro version to automatically record calls and save to SD.
    07-27-15 03:37 PM