Hello,

due to the coming Slider phone, the Android OS and the uncertain future of BB10,
    would you recommend waiting to buy a Passport?

Do you think, with the new slider there will be a price drop for the "old" passport?

Greets
    Stefan
    09-14-15 02:25 PM
    If you fully understand the ecosystem and the possible ramifications of the different rumors circulating... then I'd say you have a tough decision to make.

Me... I wouldn't invest another dime in BB10 till I knew what was going on.
    johnm137 likes this.
    09-14-15 02:32 PM
    My personal opinion would be to wait until at least Black Friday.

If your buying the device unlocked yourself than I suspect that Blackberry will be offering some quality sales on devices come November. At that point the Passport should be on sale and the Slider will hopefully be out as well.

Gives you a chance to either save money on a cool device or at least wait until the information about the slider becomes a little more official.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 02:43 PM
    What's the point of waiting...if you want it and can afford it, get one. Blackfriday won't give nothing but $45 or $100 discount. Join the excitement when it is still hot. My 4 pennies.

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry� Passport SE
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    09-14-15 02:47 PM
    I'm in a similar predicament. (I also have a similar thread)
    Everyday, I always come so close to buying the Passport SE on shopblackberry.

Trying to hold off as long as I can... I would be quite disappointed if I bought the SE and found out that I like the Slider more.
    Ideally though, I wish I could have both!
    09-14-15 02:53 PM
    Just buy now...

...and wait what will happen...

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 07:57 PM
    Just buy it now. It's only money lol. You can always make/save more.

Worst thing is wondering if you "should have"?

I was in the same boat and using an iPhone 6 and traded my Note 4, then bought a SE because I had to try it for myself!

Good luck...

Sent via SE Passport
    09-14-15 09:07 PM
    I've bought my Passport SE because of the form factor. I'd like to have a pocket computer and Passports in this category are unique, there's no alternatives. As it has been just released there no reason to wait for price drop soon. So... it's up to you.
    09-14-15 09:44 PM
    I've bought my Passport SE because of the form factor. I'd like to have a pocket computer and Passports in this category are unique, there's no alternatives. As it has been just released there no reason to wait for price drop soon. So... it's up to you.
    I think the form factor on the Passport is one of the biggest advantages, but also one of it's biggest disadvantage.
    Can't see it being easy to carry around with you for outdoor activities.

I'm sure I would enjoy using the Passport but I don't know if I would be able to live with it on a daily basis.
    09-14-15 10:17 PM
    You will always be waiting if you are waiting for the next big thing. If you have the need now, you may as well make the jump.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-14-15 10:18 PM
    Do you want Android OS or a BlackBerry 10 OS?
    What device have you now?

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    09-14-15 10:28 PM
    Do you want Android OS or a BlackBerry 10 OS?
    What device have you now?

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    Currently using BlackBerry Z30, I've only had Android phones before that. My previous phone was an LG G2 and in some ways, I was disappointed in the Z30 due to the poor camera and performance. However, I've been very happy with BlackBerry Protect, phone unlock password (with auto-wipe), and Hub.
    09-14-15 10:32 PM
    Currently using BlackBerry Z30, I've only had Android phones before that. My previous phone was an LG G2 and in some ways, I was disappointed in the Z30 due to the poor camera and performance. However, I've been very happy with BlackBerry Protect, phone unlock password (with auto-wipe), and Hub.
    So... wait?!
    It depends... you know both systems... I doubt that the slider's cam will be any better...

Let it come out, be tested, read the reports first... read about the praises and complaints as well as the reactions about it here in the forums. You must not be the first who writes about it, good or bad. Would you be the one who writes : "got the slider on lounch day and it is a...." (won't biase a search engine here) ;-)

You know, if you want it so bad, you'll buy it!
    But when doubting, wait and see!
    I've always done that!

My wait and see time for the Passport was 2 weeks only... then I wanted it so bad and bought it...

As simple as that.

09-14-15 11:20 PM
    OP I was on the fence for so long. It's an awesome phone. I waited and waited until the Red Beast of a phone finally caught me. I can't begin to explain how much of a beast this phone is. Battery life is ridiculous. Truly an all day plus more phone. The keyboard does take some getting used to, but the speed comes. I could write all day but those are my top two things.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-15-15 12:16 AM
    Here is what you can do. Order one from BlackBerry shop try it and decide. If you don't like it, you can return it for full refund. I did same...I got SE from BlackBerry tried and liked it...but got a good deal on ebay for $410. When that arrived, I returned the one from BlackBerry shop and got full refund $598.

09-15-15 12:45 AM
    The Governor is right.

This is why I buy from Amazon....a lot. Their no hassle returns are the best in the biz.

Sent via SE Passport
    09-15-15 01:49 AM
    Here is what you can do. Order one from BlackBerry shop try it and decide. If you don't like it, you can return it for full refund. I did same...I got SE from BlackBerry tried and liked it...but got a good deal on ebay for $410. When that arrived, I returned the one from BlackBerry shop and got full refund $598.

What's going return policy for shopblackberry? Is there a certain amount of data/call minutes that I can't exceed?

What's the return process like? Is there any reason why they might reject my return?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 05:29 AM
    Hello,

due to the coming Slider phone, the Android OS and the uncertain future of BB10,
    would you recommend waiting to buy a Passport?

Do you think, with the new slider there will be a price drop for the "old" passport?

Greets
    Stefan
    Up to you. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 06:16 AM
    There is no uncertainty. Buy Passports!

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    09-15-15 07:22 AM
    I decided to buy... now I need to wait.
    I hope the shipping from shopblackberry is fast.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 07:59 AM
    Wait for Venice

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 08:04 AM
    Wait for Venice

Posted via CB10
    Too late, bought the Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 08:05 AM
    Enjoy Silver!! #TeamBlackBerry
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-15-15 08:06 AM
    I decided to buy... now I need to wait.
    I hope the shipping from shopblackberry is fast.

Posted via CB10
    You'll be fine! Worst case scenario, you don't like it? You can return it or sell it on here very, very fast.

The SE is going to be my daily driver for the next 2 weeks and I'm liking it more and more everyday! Today will be my 3rd day of full time use and I think I might actually leave the iPhone 6 here at home!?

Sent via SE Passport
    09-15-15 09:19 AM
    At the moment i use an old Sony Xperia Pro. But with my limited memory (1GB - (very old Android OS + many undeleatable apps))
    it makes no fun any more - it is always a hazle getting updates installed.

I am not really fond of Android, because ...
    - the most important Apps I need, i also get on BBW.
    - of the immense data from google going on and off my phone.

For now, my phone will hopefully last till november and I will have peace of conscience, because then I used the phone as long as possible and i can check the future of BB OS.
    On the other side I can buy the Passport and have fun with it.

Tough decision
    09-15-15 09:33 AM
30 12