Kindly excuse my lack of technical knowledge, but looking at some comments passed about updates on BB10, is it safe to use the browser on BB10. I use the passport's browser quite often due to the lack of apps, but am unsure if it's still safe to do so, due to the fewer updates we get. Please kindly advise what would be the best way round this. If incase it's not that safe, could anyone recommend a browser that works safely on the BlackBerry world app store, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 11:54 AM
    I wouldn't be overly concerned. Unless you're doing anything top secret, you'll be fine.

Your online behaviour and strength of cloud passwords are of far greater impact on security.
    05-22-16 11:58 AM
    I wouldn't be overly concerned. Unless you're doing anything top secret, you'll be fine.
    Thanks for your very quick reply. Things like banking, maybe logging in other accounts like credit card account to pay bills.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 12:00 PM
    Thanks for your very quick reply. Things like banking, maybe logging in other accounts like credit card account to pay bills.

Posted via CB10
    I would have no more concern than any other decent browser.
    05-22-16 12:07 PM
    I would have no more concern than any other decent browser.
    Thank you for your response, this puts the mind to rest. Thankfully the option of using the browser is still there and to my understanding it's still safer than any android phone, I hope.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 12:04 AM
    The browser is also only as secure as the network.
    I do a lot of stuff on the browser involving my info and credit cards (airlines, hotels etc) so as a precaution, I usually do this on the cellular network, not public wi-fi.

Just a thought.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    05-23-16 07:37 AM
    For added security when doing banking or credit card type transactions I will engage a vpn.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 07:50 AM