Plus language setting allow to select a language for the external keyboard, so add a mouse and you basically get a computer-like arrangement.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 11:53 AM
    What brand mouse did you use?

Posted via CB10
    It was (I think) just the cheap basic Amazon branded mouse. Hooked it up to the Z30 then HDMI to the TV and used for the quizcross app. I'll have to double check or try it out again if you want me to, but work now so just going off memory. I'll check back on this thread. Was able to swipe around and click on and in apps with the mouse.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 12:24 PM
    Does it display a cursor???

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    yessss
    05-24-15 05:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I've used the cursor previously to swipe up to unlock the device and navigate the OS by clicking and holding at the bottom of the screen and mimicking the swipe up gesture as well as the others.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 12:20 PM
    Oh My, Fabulously Good...

That's what I heard a mom tell her child at Starbucks once...

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 12:32 PM
    I see. I haven't tried it myself with my PP, as I don't yet have the cable (been meaning to look for it). This makes me curiousf. Perhaps-just perhaps, a different result will yield with the Passport. Not holding my breath, I know. It's an excuse to find that cable, anyway. And an external cradle so I can move the data from my dead PC's hard drive. There 's a terrabyte in there. Gotta move 'em out.
    I have tried to use my Passport with a bluetooth mouse but no external monitor.

The home screen is still locked in portrait mode (which was annoying because I was using it in landscape with a flip cover that propped it up at a nice angle)

Also, when you switch from a landscape orientation app to the portrait-oriented home screen, the mouse also switches orientation, so you basically have to hold the mouse sideways on the home screen or your brain will cramp (mine will at least.) Maybe it doesn't do this if it is plugged in to a monitor.
    05-25-15 03:29 PM
    I have tried to use my Passport with a bluetooth mouse but no external monitor.

The home screen is still locked in portrait mode (which was annoying because I was using it in landscape with a flip cover that propped it up at a nice angle)

Also, when you switch from a landscape orientation app to the portrait-oriented home screen, the mouse also switches orientation, so you basically have to hold the mouse sideways on the home screen or your brain will cramp (mine will at least.) Maybe it doesn't do this if it is plugged in to a monitor.
    ...which is what I was saying about it being not quite there yet... a bit more BB10 landscape orientation work has to be done before this is really 'useable' with docking stations etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:40 AM
33 12