I've been using this app a while now, I got it from BlackBerry world not amazon. It now says it is being retired and offers me the chance to get bloomberg + ? When I click on get it now, nothing happens and it's not in BlackBerry world? Is it just an android / ios app now? Should I even be surprised?

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    06-30-15 12:11 AM
    Same here. Click on it and nothing happens.

Posted via Passport
    06-30-15 06:49 AM
    So much for phone for professionals. Why would they want Bloomberg?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:22 AM
    ^^lol

You are mocking, right?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:26 AM
    My thoughts exactly. About as professional as flappy bird.

Posted via Passport
    06-30-15 07:48 AM
    I have the same problem. Maybe the professional version will be payable!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    06-30-15 09:00 AM
    Saw this msg last week and e-mailed through the Feedback channel asking for info re: the BlackBerry update. Have not received a response yet.

On another note, I took up a digital subscription offer through WSJ, only to find that they no longer support the spotty app offered through BlackBerry World. Their CS told me to get another device.

I've been something of a fringe user for years, so i'm accustomed to dealing with a dearth of apps on my platform of choice. And mobile-optimized webpages do pretty well in place of dedicated newsreader apps. But a business phone needs business apps for credibility. BlackBerry needs to spend some $$ to subsidize development of these news apps - even more important than advertising IMO.

Posted via CB10
    pgg101 and hlg8888 like this.
    06-30-15 10:29 AM
    Just look up bloomberg business on google. Go to site then on your phone on bottom right click "Add to home screen."

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 11:06 AM
    Peter, I have a regular WSJ subscription. The mobile site is quite good. They just revamped it. You really don't need an app. Try it.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 11:52 AM
    The Bloomberg browser version looks good... what is the difference between the app and browser version anyway?

Attachment 360173

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:08 PM
    Saw this msg last week and e-mailed through the Feedback channel asking for info re: the BlackBerry update. Have not received a response yet.

On another note, I took up a digital subscription offer through WSJ, only to find that they no longer support the spotty app offered through BlackBerry World. Their CS told me to get another device.

I've been something of a fringe user for years, so i'm accustomed to dealing with a dearth of apps on my platform of choice. And mobile-optimized webpages do pretty well in place of dedicated newsreader apps. But a business phone needs business apps for credibility. BlackBerry needs to spend some $$ to subsidize development of these news apps - even more important than advertising IMO.
    Its about development and maintenance and one could argue if the cost-benefit makes sense. Not only that, some of these major companies have no interest in developing for the BB10 platform so no matter how much BBRY would want to dance, that does not guarantee they can or will find a dancing partner.
    06-30-15 12:14 PM
    The Bloomberg browser version looks good... what is the difference between the app and browser version anyway?

Attachment 360173
    Even when mobile sites are good, some people just like the opportunity to say that they have an app for this or that. The so-called cool factor, I guess.
    06-30-15 12:17 PM
    Download MSN Money from Snap/Google Play. Way better than the Bloomberg app.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    06-30-15 12:35 PM
    True, both Bloomberg and WSJ have Android apps. Haven't tried the former but had to delete the latter because of what it did to my Passport's battery life. So I am more interested in native apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:15 PM
    Same here. Click on it and nothing happens.

Posted via Passport
    Ditto. Tried to relaod but no joy.
    06-30-15 02:54 PM
    I have to admit as a longterm blackberry 10 user I'm finding more and more the website works better or gives more than the app (linkedin, facebook etc.) I access the times uk via web as no blackberry app. I will rock my passport till it dies but not sure if I will go BlackBerry again though, shame as I love the gestures and ease of use, buts it's basically a wankel rotary engine in a world of combustion engines!

07-01-15 04:19 PM
    Latest release of Bloomberg Professional is for BBOS, not BB10...

Mobile sites (much like most Android apps) generally suck because they all follow a design theme that puts the menu and navigation features out of reach at the top of the screen.

When I'm reading the new while drinking coffee, I want something that's easy to use one-handed. I can't reach the top menus one-handed.
    07-01-15 04:28 PM
    I guess we can ask Bloomberg to maintain a BlackBerry friendly app !!!! But how?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:21 PM
    I didn't use it much anymore anyway as i found the website to be more useful. Truthfully i get most of my news from other outlets now. I went ahead and retired the app for them from my device. Uninstalled.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:27 PM
    As far as I know, the Bloomberg app for the Passport is the Android port?

I know that the Q10, Classic, Z10 etc use a native app.

I hope this doesn't mean they are dropping full Blackberry support all around.

If you watch the Passport launch video in Toronto, they had a rep from Bloomberg saying they were looking at developing a new and unique app for Passport users. Kind of sad as we keep losing more and more developers!

Update: Here is the link I am referring to. Forward to 54.30 mark of the video. Looks like it's just the Bloomberg professional version.

http://bb10qnx.de/2014/09/video-vom-live-event/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by curves2000; 07-01-15 at 06:37 PM.
    07-01-15 06:15 PM
    Hi all,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I had emailed Bloomberg regarding the Bloomberg app for Passport.

I received a piece of news that doesn't make me very happy at all! Looks like they are dropping support for Blackberry in general and will get rid of the native app currently for BB10.

Below is the email response I got back from their mobile support team. Not sure if anybody would like to start emailing and see if they will keep the native app still on.

For those who have app developing experience. What type of costs would would a company have to go through to maintain support on an app like Bloomberg? I suspect given the user base that the Bloomberg app is one of the most used apps for Blackberry and it makes it shocking to me that they would drop support after a few years. Love the native app!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 03:23 PM
    That stinks. But on the plus side I've finally been able to backup my device which I haven't been able to do on 10.3.x, so I managed to dig out my Z10, backed up the Bloomberg app only, and successfully installed on my Passport. So far it works which is awesome.

07-23-15 04:08 PM
    Since cranking up my zed10 as a work phone, I tried the app this week as I never deleted it and it appears to be working and updating!! How odd, wish I hadn't deleted it from this phone!

10-18-15 10:51 AM
    Download MSN Money from Snap/Google Play. Way better than the Bloomberg app.

Wholeheartedly Agreed!

bloomberg news app-img_20151018_090236.png

bloomberg news app-img_20151018_090308.png

bloomberg news app-img_20151018_090324.png

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    10-18-15 11:05 AM
    Software haven't got snap, seems too complicated. Tbh if it ain't in app world, I live without it. But thanks for the suggestion .

Posted by my splendid Z10
    10-18-15 03:43 PM
27 12