Can anyone answer if one can reply to whatsapp msgs via blend?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope.
    09-28-14 06:06 AM
    What a bummer.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:07 AM
    What, whatsapp doesn't have a PC client? What a shame.
    Morten, ChrisAmbrose and ikalinin like this.
    09-28-14 06:20 AM
    I thought the whole point of blend was to bring your phone to your desktop.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:41 AM
    I herd they were opening up the API which should allow 3rd party apps to link in to blend. I'm sure it will be added eventually as whatsapp seems to still be in active development on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon and the_igg like this.
    09-28-14 07:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Blend out there is just version one. From the PP event they said that it is open for more possibilities.
    09-28-14 07:59 AM
    It would be great to mirror the phone in Blend , so even android apps can be accessible. This will make Blend 100% useful.
    09-28-14 08:03 AM
    need to get this whatsapp integration going !!
    cynth22 and Trauma Surgeon like this.
    09-28-14 08:06 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Blend they pass all the data through NOC (that's why the communication remains secure even without a VPN).

I don't know how this can be done with WhatsApp.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable could explain how it can work.
    09-28-14 08:11 AM
    I wonder if I can choose what email accounts to show up on blend?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:11 AM
    Has anyone found a way to get to their todos in blend? It would be super useful if you could

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Today Whatsapp doesn't Blend. However- BlackBerry plans to publish the API's into Blend so that third party applications which normally show up in the Hub will also show up in Blend. I believe that they wanted to release Blend on all the currently handsets out there (once 10.3.x is release on all BB10 handsets) and then roll it out to the rest of the world.

I am using Blend with my Passport and it's REALLY VERY GOOD - One could almost stop using Outlook entirely on the Desktop it's that well integrated and powerful.
    cynth22 likes this.
    09-28-14 09:26 AM
    It would be great to mirror the phone in Blend , so even android apps can be accessible. This will make Blend 100% useful.
    Like Samsung Side Sync

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:33 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Blend they pass all the data through NOC (that's why the communication remains secure even without a VPN).

On the same way as your Outlook.com or work email or SMS arrive to your PC...
    Your phone sends the message to Blend directly (if connected by USB or Wi-Fi) or through NOC* by carrier's network.

*If it's right that passes through NOC... it's not necessary anymore.
    serbanescu likes this.
    09-28-14 05:19 PM
    BlackBerry should open that API to let third parties like Whatsapp access Blend. It will help with marketing BlackBerry phones to those who wants access to whatsapp (and other third party chat apps) on desktop, laptops, tablets, etc.
    09-28-14 06:23 PM

They send the data through the NOC but that is the part to mirror the device to the computer or tablet. Once what you write on the computer reaches the phone the app will take care of sending it through Internet (in case of whatsapp) to the other device.

The NOC is there to make secure the data transmission between the device and the PC/tablet without the need of VPN.

Posted via CB10
    serbanescu likes this.
    09-28-14 06:30 PM
    I would like to see screen sharing and maybe a voice call answering feature in the Blend. Huge possibilities.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:35 PM
    I would like to see screen sharing and maybe a voice call answering feature in the Blend. Huge possibilities.

Posted via CB10
    I like Samsungs implementation.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not the entire phone. If that's what you're looking for, you can connect your phone to your screen using HDMI.

The following are accessible via Blend:

- All email accounts in HUB
    - SMS
    - BBM
    - Calendar
    - Contacts
    - File Manager

Apps that integrated into the HUB, such as Facebook, iGrann (Instagram client), LinkedIn, Whatsapp, etc., are not part of Blend currently (and not sure whether or not they ever will be). I still find Blend to be incredibly useful. Simply having access to SMS and BBM on a desktop is a life saver! Additionally, I get notifications when supported accounts receive new messages. And I get a Blend notification of a phone call. Sweet!
    09-29-14 01:24 PM
    Has anyone found a way to get to their todos in blend? It would be super useful if you could

Posted via CB10
    What is Todos? Google couldn't even shed any light on this (not in the first 10 suggestions anyway)!
    It sounds like a tasty Mexican meal
    12-05-14 04:27 AM
    What is Todos? Google couldn't even shed any light on this (not in the first 10 suggestions anyway)!
    It sounds like a tasty Mexican meal
    lol , I don't know if you're joking or not, but

todos = to-do s, as in the plural of a task (to-do) . e.g. A have a lot of todos in my "to do" list.
    02-23-15 06:00 AM
    I know this is an old thread but it is now possible to reply to whatsapp messages with their service on the computer. You open the website and scan the barcode

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    02-23-15 06:55 PM
    lol , I don't know if you're joking or not, but
    todos = to-do s, as in the plural of a task (to-do) . e.g. A have a lot of todos in my "to do" list.
    Ah ha ha ha! No I wasn't joking. That's some very special use of the English language right there, poor neglected punctuation! I shall now refer to all lists, regardless of whether or not they are to-do lists or not, as my todos (pronounced 'two-dos' in case you were unsure).
    03-04-15 03:54 AM
    I've just noticed while blending to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S that sometimes my whatsapp group chat notifications will appear inside the pulldown notifications drawer! Has anyone else seen this?? I'm positive they are coming from blend as when I click on them, blend opens to the Hub tab but there is obviously no whatsapp chat there waiting for me. This seems like a step in the right direction, hopefully not just a fluke!
    04-06-15 09:00 AM
38 12