Blend is so incredible. This might be the big story with this phone. It's so seamless it's like having the bb os on your computer. Typing text messages on your PC is like a dream.

As for the Passport, there is much to like but so far I am hating the keyboard.
    11-21-14 08:34 AM
    I agree re: Blend...very powerful! Game-changer.

Give the keyboard some time...it is a bit of learning curve. Had mine for a month now and just starting to feel comfortable.
    11-21-14 09:08 AM
    Took me about a week to get comfortable with the keyboard. 2 weeks to get almost as good as I was on the q10. Another few weeks and I'll be on par with my typing speed on the q10, can't wait.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    divakar likes this.
    11-21-14 10:57 AM
    Blend is definitely a feature that needs advertising when passport and classic are available at the big carrier stores.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:08 PM
    Blend truly allows me to switch seamlessly between devices. It is one of those little features that will make the BlackBerry devices a real "must have" when 10.3.1 drops.

So many people sadly still have to wait until they are going to be able to appreciate it...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:12 PM
    Blend is great... probably one of my most anticipated features and it works very well. I use it almost everyday. Can't wait to see if there is more to come with it.
    twirlyboy likes this.
    11-21-14 01:44 PM
    Yeah, if they were only able to fix the ipv6 dependency it would be a lot easier to use in all environments...
    11-21-14 02:27 PM
    Blend sure is great on a desktop or laptop. I haven't used Outlook once since I have got it.

On an Android tablet however, that app itself is terrible. Laggy and buggy. Hopefully future updates will improve that.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-21-14 02:38 PM
    BlackBerry Blend brings content on your BlackBerry to your computer and tablet. Access your work & personal messages, files & more really awsm.
    11-21-14 10:44 PM
    Anyone have any idea as to how well it works for the iPad?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-21-14 11:10 PM
    Blend needs to have a larger text window, but other than that it's great!

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Passport Superphone
    11-21-14 11:39 PM
    I can't wait to experience Blend. I have to say, along with the Blackberry Virtual Assistant, it's what I look forward to the most for 10.3.X being rolled out for the original Blackberry 10 devices

+-keystroke queen-+
    11-22-14 08:33 AM
    Virtual assistant is actually very good,coming from an android phone too
    Niiiceee . Makes me even more excited hearing that! I really want Blackberry to be a strong contender in the realm of consumer phone devices and capabilities, regardless of the fact that's the priority focus of the company under Chen.

+-keystroke queen-+
    11-22-14 05:07 PM
    blend is an amazing tool, use it myself all the time, and I think it has finally led me to think 'bridge, what's that', which is great. Can't say I agree about the passports keyboard though
    11-22-14 05:12 PM
    Still feels like a beta product. UI needs some polish. Great concept but incomplete.
    11-22-14 05:15 PM
    Just out of interest, in what way do you feel the ui needs some polish? When people say things like that i'm often curious what I'm putting up with that irritates others as I find it fine?

Feels pretty ok for me on OSX, not seeing many, if any bugs although the connection speed can be a bit annoying. It lags a bit I admit, but I wouldn't describe it as incomplete - if BB never added another feature to what it currently has I'd still be pretty impressed myself. Although one i'd love to see is the ability to use the linked machine to make voice calls like an iphone now can with any Mac on the same network
    Still feels like a beta product. UI needs some polish. Great concept but incomplete.
    mona5804 likes this.
    11-22-14 05:25 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blend is awesome!!! And will just get better with future software releases...

From my super productive Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 05:49 PM
    Well the home set up does look nice it's just the side menus when you switch between the device interaction options. They are gray icons with weird borders, looks out of place. I wish blackberry updates that aspect of the ui to look like the blackberry hub (blue highlight on pitch black background, smooth transitions). The app as whole lacks coherence unlike say the imessage app on osx.
    Last edited by mona5804; 11-22-14 at 07:21 PM.
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    11-22-14 05:50 PM
    I was happy enough with the Passport, but Blend really takes it to the next level for BlackBerry. I've saved hours at work in the past month using it. You don't realize how picking up your phone all day really slows you down until using Blend. More importantly, this software alone has many of my colleagues seriously thinking about BlackBerry now.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    11-22-14 06:06 PM
    Blend is nice. Kinda cool I can reply to text and bbms but it's not useful for me as I am not allowed to install programs of my own on my work computer which I use the majority of the time.

Kinda cool isn't a strong enough argument for me to spend time to do a write up on why this software is critical for business use. Legal will need to review the BlackBerry's software license and IT security would need to audit and obtain their own verified package.

In fact since the company just made iPhone available as a corporate device everyone seems to be upgrading to iPhone6. The request would be shot down due to the low projected number of users in the firm.

That's just fine. Typing BB10 is fast enough already so not much lost from my end.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:08 PM
    Not sure if anyone remembers the one they had for the PlayBook before rim patched it but that worked better than blend..

Still love blend though
    mona5804 likes this.
    11-22-14 06:40 PM
    blend is broken and needs to be fixed, cant attach from computer and send a file, I agree that bridge for playbook was better

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:51 PM
    I honestly thought any possible capability of bringing just Bbm to the PC was a pipe dream shown off about 1.5yrs ago.

Very happy it evolved but I dislike being treated like a 2nd class citizens when many of us are o. Our 2-6th retail bb10 device.

This is an OS feature, delegating it only to certain hardware really makes users feel left out and can cause a small few leave as no specific date was given to support the core OS and thus Blend to existing devices. I do get its to prompt new sales but can't shake this feeling.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-22-14 06:52 PM
    Blend is great except only for the apps that it supports, awaiting for whatsapp support since in hong kong whatsapp typically dominated other messaging platform

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:38 PM
    Albeit it a very welcomed interface, Blend is lacking in features. Access to Hub and File Manager are very welcomed features and key to Blend. At minimum, it Blends needs additional access to other BB10 apps like Remember, Password Keeper and Clock (for alarms). Not having conversation view is also a significant shortcoming.
    12-18-14 09:23 AM
34 12