I left BLEND open on my desktop overnight, and the PP connected through Wi-Fi; in the morning there was 0% juice in the battery.
    Just to let you know
    12-08-14 07:33 AM
    I regularly have Blend running for 10 plus hours a day connected via WiFi and the battery drain is negligible.

So whilst Blend may drain your battery it doesn't do that for all of us.

Just to let you know !!!
    12-08-14 07:46 AM
    I regularly have Blend running for 10 plus hours a day connected via WiFi and the battery drain is negligible.

So whilst Blend may drain your battery it doesn't do that for all of us.

Just to let you know !!!
    Thanks, very informative.
    I'm glad I'm not alone.
    12-08-14 07:52 AM
    I've found quite the opposite. When I'm on Blend, the battery drains roughly 1 percent per hour. Makes sense -- the screen isn't lit up.
    12-09-14 07:00 PM
    I agree... Blend seems to drain the battery.

I have a Z10, so at this point I can't even use Blend on my PC (not yet available for z10), but it is available on my phone.
    The active frame is closed, but seems it keeps running in the background.

I downloaded 10.3 yesterday... and all of a sudden my battery was draining like CRAZY!!! I mean, 1% every 3 minutes with it simply sitting in my pocket!!!

Looking at device manager, for the previous 24 hours (time since I downloaded 10.3), Blend had used 200% of my battery life (its over 100% since I had to charge multiple times), and the next closest user was 'Display' which had used like 15%.

I force closed Blend so it was not running in the background... seems to have fixed the problem.BLEND drains the battery-blend.png

In this image, I finally realized Blend was the issue at Saturday at 9 or 10 pm... you can see the battery life start to level off again after that.
    02-22-15 02:36 AM
    UPDATE: So I decided to give Blend a second chance. Whatever issue it was having before is now resolved.

A look at battery usage over the last 48 hours shows Blend only using 2.8% of battery. Well below many many other programs and services.

I actually use the Blend interface on the computer. I like it.

Thanks BB!
    03-25-15 02:03 AM
    If battery life on Blend is an issue, I suggest using a USB connection over using WiFi. I used USB before for the increase in Blend performance but with the latest small OTA update the difference is negligible

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    03-25-15 02:06 AM