Fellow BB PP users...after buying and returning my original PP due to major camera issues, I reordered it this week because I couldn't stop thinking about it's beauty. Just got it today and noticed that the SIM cover doesn't seem to align against the silver bar that goes across the back. Have any of you experienced this? If so, have you been able to purchase a replacement cover?

Just curious. I really don't want to have to exchange it for a new PP if I can help it.

TIA!
    03-28-15 12:21 PM
    Can you post some pictures?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 12:27 PM
    Some pictures could be helpful for sure, my first Passport had a dented metal frame at the top, I sent back the phone due to this problem.
    Blackberryy Passport SIM Cover Does Not Lay Flush-wp_20141012_12_34_04_pro.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 12:43 PM
    I know it's not really a big deal, but I think it not laying correctly will make me nuts. If I exchange this PP for a new one, will it be easy to set my replacement PP up to be just like this one? I would hate to spend a ton of time on customizing this one and have to redo everything again on the newer one....Blackberryy Passport SIM Cover Does Not Lay Flush-ppsimcover.jpg
    03-28-15 01:55 PM
    You can just perform a full back-up via BlackBerry Link. When you get the new Passport, just make sure you sign in with your BlackBerry ID before connecting it to your computer and load the back up on your new device.

I am not sure whether the problem is caused by the cover itself or that metal frame below. Either way, you should get a replacement if it bothers you. It's an expensive phone so I think it's legit to want a device with a good build quality.

Posted via CB10
    stacymarie1979 likes this.
    03-28-15 02:10 PM
    My black one looks perfect, even after six months, but it was only opened once

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2480
    03-28-15 02:17 PM
    I would back up the PP and send it back. If you don't, it will keep bothering you. I returned one PP because the space bar started to feel odd after some months.

Just didn't feel right. But enough for me to go for a replacement.

Posted via CB10 from an unlocked PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-28-15 02:24 PM
    Mine doesnt stay tight.but I dont care.i use a BlackBerry Passport hardshell to keep it in place.

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-29-15 03:01 AM
    Dumb question but have you removed it and then put it back in? It just might have not seated right. I had that problem once and taking it off and reaseating it fixed everything

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 08:48 PM
    Fellow BB PP users...after buying and returning my original PP due to major camera issues, I reordered it this week because I couldn't stop thinking about it's beauty. Just got it today and noticed that the SIM cover doesn't seem to align against the silver bar that goes across the back. Have any of you experienced this? If so, have you been able to purchase a replacement cover?

Just curious. I really don't want to have to exchange it for a new PP if I can help it.

TIA!
    Mine is the same. If I look closely, I can even see part of the little tabs that keep it in place. It fits securely, so it doesn't bug me much, but I could see how it would bug some, for sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:48 PM
    Same with mine. Bad designed I think. I hided it with hardshield.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:50 AM
    I use my Passport with the front facing up.
    03-30-15 07:18 AM
    Dumb question but have you removed it and then put it back in? It just might have not seated right. I had that problem once and taking it off and reaseating it fixed everything

It's not a dumb question, I tried to no avail, I have a replacement coming tomorrow! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:58 PM