So just the other day I ended up getting a Blackberry Passport on Kijji, I checked the IMEI number and it was clean, the guy seemed pretty legit too. He told me he used a Rogers sim previously on it. I however purchased it because it was unlocked to use on Telus. I inserted my Telus nano sim after activation it and it says that the sim was not recognized the model is SQW100-1. I also did try to get a unlock code just incase it was locked to Rogers and Blackberry source codes emailed me just saying that my IMEI number isn't listed under Rogers. Now I am confused, I've tried wiping the phone and re-inserting my sim but its still saying the same message that my sim isn't being detected. If anyone can help that'd be much appreciated.
    08-20-15 07:08 PM
    I think it's a warranty issue. My unlocked passports t stopped recognizing my sim. I tried other Sims and nothing

Got it repaired under warranty

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:14 PM
    I assume that because you bought it used, there is no warranty? I'm hoping you get it figured out and it's something simple, but it could be that the Sim slot is messed up. Try another Sim from a friend or something and see if it will recognize any at all.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-20-15 07:19 PM
    So just the other day I ended up getting a Blackberry Passport on Kijji, I checked the IMEI number and it was clean, the guy seemed pretty legit too. He told me he used a Rogers sim previously on it. I however purchased it because it was unlocked to use on Telus. I inserted my Telus nano sim after activation it and it says that the sim was not recognized the model is SQW100-1. I also did try to get a unlock code just incase it was locked to Rogers and Blackberry source codes emailed me just saying that my IMEI number isn't listed under Rogers. Now I am confused, I've tried wiping the phone and re-inserting my sim but its still saying the same message that my sim isn't being detected. If anyone can help that'd be much appreciated.
    Been selling devices for a long time now and if Im buying something Its very important to insert your current sim in the device to make sure its working and can actively turn on.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-22-15 10:08 AM