-screen-shot-2015-03-28-6.14.19-pm.jpg
    After rounds of match ups pitting flagship devices against each other we are just days away from crowning this year�s Mobile Madness winner. The finalists are the BlackBerry Passport and the OnePlus One. The BlackBerry Passport beat the Motorola Droid Turbo, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and HTC One M9 to reach this final round. While the OnePlus One fended off the Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S6, and BlackBerry Classic to claim a finalist spot.

Who will win? Both the BlackBerry Passport and OnePlus One are unconventional flagships. The Passport sports a square but work-friendly form factor and the OnePlus One claims the title of �The Flagship Killer� and does not even have the support of a traditional distribution channel (i.e., carriers and in-store availability). So who will it be readers? The BlackBerry Passport or the OnePlus One? You decide!
    pyBerry likes this.
    03-28-15 05:17 PM
    Tried to vote, says my email has already been used to vote.
    Tried a different email, same message. Looks like bullsh
    03-28-15 05:28 PM
    Yes,,: new Mail
    03-28-15 05:41 PM
    Was the same for me, my email has already voted.
    03-28-15 07:29 PM
    ^ this

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:05 PM
    Same here... never been entered previously

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:10 PM
    Why don't one of you guys who were rejected tries to vote to the Android phone with the same email and see what happens?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-28-15 08:52 PM
    Same for me, email address was already used

Passport OS 10.3.2.281
    03-28-15 08:56 PM
    I voted for the one plus vs classic... now i'm voting for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-28-15 10:00 PM
    Same here. Tried 4 different emails

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 10:00 PM
    Same for me, email address was already used

Passport OS 10.3.2.281
    Just tried it and think I figured it out. If you swiped your email address up its adds a space and give you that message. If you delete the space after your swiped up address it will take it. At least it did for me.

Posted via CB10
    MikeOWaterloo and Chavez78 like this.
    03-28-15 10:03 PM
    Maybe they invalidated those who voted multiple times during the previous polls.

Posted from an ME173X
    03-28-15 10:04 PM
    My email address was fine

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-28-15 10:06 PM
    Worked. For me, got an email from polldaddy to confirm. Check your email.

Passport running on 10.3.1.2576
    03-28-15 10:10 PM
    Just voted also - seems to work. Got the following message after clicking to Vote:

Voting for this round will run though March 31. The winner will be announced April. No April Fools joke, promise.

An email has now been sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Click on the confirmation link to register your vote. Check your Spam/Junk folders if you do not see the email.
    Return To Poll

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 10:29 PM
    Yes it was the space thing when you swipe up your email address. I typed it in from scratch and it worked!

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    03-28-15 11:01 PM
    I did a little research to make sure they're doing things fairly since it some users are saying that their email addresses aren't working.

• There is a back-end check from poll daddy against both a get parameter named 'cookie' and an email address.
    • When you input your email address and press send, there is a single get request sent to vote-js.php on poll daddy's servers.
    • Where the parameter 'a' is the vote which is the radio button's value. Though, since it's hard coded into the parameter I believe it's a value which poll daddy understands telling the server code which vote to increment. xx2076 is the passport and xx2077 is the One-Plus-One.
    • Next, another GET is sent to the same poll daddy URL with a few parameters, though it's basically the same request.
    • Finally an email is sent including a link which sends a parameter 'activation' to the server with a value of some MD5. I wasn't able to reverse engineer the md5 token, with anything super simple, however one could imagine it should include email address, vote and which poll.

Now, there's a lot of stuff to understand, and work to be done if you want to reverse their entire voting process but it does look like they're doing what they are supposed to be doing; the "email already submitted" is a default error message against both duplicate emails or malformed emails/requests.

It is still possible that they (TB) would have collected information about those they believe are cheating and tried to fingerprint them and invalidate votes coming from them. This would require that PollDaddy has a blacklist framework in place with an API that TB could use. ex. (Block IP Address A,B,C...; Block Email A,B,C...)

One major caveat is that you could defeat this poll by somehow enumerating email addresses being sent to the poll daddy and voting for them, or exploiting an XSS on any page at technobuffalo and sending the link to forums where users of either device are voting.

Also note that it does look like the voting is vulnerable to XSS or mail injection because there are a lot of strings being passed from server to server (TB<->PollDaddy<->Email). Though I haven't taken the time to test any of these because the goal of this research is to make sure no one is being cheated out of votes.

Edit: Clarity
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-28-15 11:36 PM
    Yes it was the space thing when you swipe up your email address. I typed it in from scratch and it worked!

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    Yep, that was my problem too.

Posted via CB10
    MikeOWaterloo likes this.
    03-28-15 11:57 PM
    Check the extra space after your email address. There should be no extra space.

Posted via CB10
    MikeOWaterloo likes this.
    03-29-15 12:00 AM
    voted!
    03-29-15 01:44 AM
    Followed the advice of backspacing after swiping my email and voted for the Passport using two emails.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:51 AM
    Lol,whats one plus one?

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-29-15 02:41 AM
    I get
    "This Poll is Private

This page cannot be accessed because this poll is private."

Guess I won't be voting then.
    03-29-15 04:21 AM
    Just voted from my Playbook
    03-29-15 10:17 AM
    Just tried it and think I figured it out. If you swiped your email address up its adds a space and give you that message. If you delete the space after your swiped up address it will take it. At least it did for me.

Posted via CB10
    This worked

Posted via CB10
    ummie4 likes this.
    03-29-15 10:38 AM
43 12