One of the most important issue is the operating system. IPhone has an old system and it is about three quarters through its life cycle. Meanwhile BlackBerry operating system has just begun.

Posted via CB10
    While such points seem to get enthusiasts excited, I think regular folks just want things to work. "Newness" isn't always an advantage, as some of the recent platforms found out.
    mokeikoberry likes this.
    10-15-14 10:07 PM
    I did just see an Engadget article talking about the quick text keyboard ios has now. Typing and using suggestions to write out sentences. Reminded me of doing the same thing with my z10 when it came out.

So even as far along as apple is, they are still catching up when it comes to some features.

They have an incredible amount of specialized apps, and a good OS, but I really think BlackBerry has a chance to be the work first device it once was.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:42 PM
    Well I had the Z10, then got a Z30, and now I have a Passport. Can't say my Z10 was "laggy". The Z30 definitely wasn't, and so far the Passport seems fine. As for battery life, I agree the Z10 isn't very good. My Z30! Lasted around 18-24 hours depending on usage, and I'm getting 24-30 hours with the Passport, again depending on usage. Honestly, I've never seen less than 50% battery on it.

Posted using my awesome Passport
    10-15-14 11:51 PM
    I need your comments on your BlackBerry Passport.

1) Battery life really good? See from here almost can go for 24 hours for heavy abuse. I on my Z10 now, battery life very very very disappointed.
    @@@
    Mine lasts below their claimed length. BECAUSE of struggling to find cell signal and running headless refreshing. But lasts very long if every signal Strong and smoovd.

2) Does BlackBerry Passport lag and hang sometimes? My BlackBerry Z10 make me headaches, sometimes lagging, unresponsive. 3 Gb RAM enough to support your BlackBerry Passport? I am suspect the external memory card cause the problem. Not sure.
    @@@
    After many SIDELOADING some small no response problems noticed.
    If many things on memory card, I think it affects the performance.

3) The Size of BlackBerry Passport convenient for you? Put in pocket?
    @@@
    Must carry in my back pocket and remove when I sit.

4) Does BlackBerry Passport getting heat easily like Z10? My phone sometime getting heat and go offline for data( E/3G).
    @@@
    Gets hot in UPPER RIGHT back corner of device when doing some things.

5) What is the weakness of BlackBerry Passport your think that BlackBerry should make improvements in future?
    @@@
    A. Should have maintained separate HDMI port.
    B. Should have used Classic's card slot style for SIM and SD to replace back cover style.
    C. Wish power switch was center top.
    D. Spacebar could have been FINGERPRINT SCANNER.
    E. Rear camera seems to have magnet that interferes with magnetized macro and fish eye lenses.
    F. Should have had all charging and video ports of the playbook.
    G. Convenience buttons.
    H. Missing dedicated ALT hardware button.
    I. This list should be in a separate forum.

Posted via CB10

Rabbi said, "PassPork." Filipino said, "Passfork."
    happygofishing likes this.
    10-16-14 12:18 AM
    I have both, they each have great battery life, but I would probably give the edge to the Passport. Haven't really had stability issues with the Passport at all like I did on previous BlackBerry 10 phones, so should be much improved.

Some things look great on the Passport, some things looked sometimes squeezed down. Probably comes down to preference and what you're used to, coming from a Z10 either one will look great to you.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:47 AM
    Man, if verizon gets the passport by February when my original z10 contract is up... that is going to be pretty tempting.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:00 AM
    1) Battery life really good? See from here almost can go for 24 hours for heavy abuse. I on my Z10 now, battery life very very very disappointed.
    Battery life is the best I ever had, normal use, i'm on 5 days, last charge Sunday night.

2) Does BlackBerry Passport lag and hang sometimes? My BlackBerry Z10 make me headaches, sometimes lagging, unresponsive. 3 Gb RAM enough to support your BlackBerry Passport? I am suspect the external memory card cause the problem. Not sure.
    Never I installed many apps, very fast no lagging

For normal jeans completely fine, maybe for slim jeans a bit big

4) Does BlackBerry Passport getting heat easily like Z10? My phone sometime getting heat and go offline for data( E/3G).
    normal heat as any phone

5) What is the weakness of BlackBerry Passport your think that BlackBerry should make improvements in future?
    blakcberry app store, there is no many free apps, I installed
    snap

I'm thinking to change my phone to iPhone 6 Plus (prefer iPhone 6 actually but iPhone 6 don't have long battery life) .

I will say that blackberry passport has an unique design, very nice in hand, I like the os a lot, my last iphone is an iphone 3g and, my last phone is android galaxy note. The blackberry Passport elegant battery life is amazing, i was going to buy the iphone 6 plus but when i saw this one, i bought it without thinking.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:54 AM
    ...BB10 meet my requirements actually

Just questions on the battery life, os stability (lagging) . Those are my disappointment on my Z10. I own my Z10 more than one and half years.

The more the review and comment from the owners would help all the users and BlackBerry to develop.

Sorry for disturbing you all, can close the thread to make a better environment.

BlackBerry Passport really great if can fulfil all these! Thanks for all for your sharing!!!

Posted via CB10
    Those are definitely fixed in these phones. I know, coming from a Z10 those were my biggest gripes, and this phone has excelled since day one!
    Very heavy usage on my battery and I'm surprised if I'm able to hit the 20% mark on my battery by the time I call it a day. Huge improvement over the 4-hour battery life of my Z10!

No noticeable lag except when I'm running around 6 apps and 4 of which are android apps, usually everything runs smooth as a baby's bottom!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-16-14 09:10 AM
    ...BB10 meet my requirements actually

Just questions on the battery life, os stability (lagging) . Those are my disappointment on my Z10. I own my Z10 more than one and half years.

The more the review and comment from the owners would help all the users and BlackBerry to develop.

Sorry for disturbing you all, can close the thread to make a better environment.

BlackBerry Passport really great if can fulfil all these! Thanks for all for your sharing!!!

Posted via CB10
    There's no comparison between the Z10 and Passport in battery life. I get easily triple the battery life on the PP. No lag whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:38 AM
    Has anyone seen this comparison video yet:

If so, I apologize for the repost
    10-16-14 12:14 PM
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus and don't find the battery life to be all that wonderful. About to pickup my Passport tomorrow and will compare both after a week or so...
    I'm surprised that you find the battery for the iP 6+ to be not great.... I have one (also owned many BB in the past including a Bold, Torch and z10) and the 6+ battery is the best I've ever owned. For example, yesterday I had my phone on from 6:30am and not plugged in until 11:30pm. I used the phone moderately all day for email, messaging (text and BBM), a few phone calls, some games a youtube video for my son and web browsing....at 11:30pm I had 8hrs43mins actual use time and approx 12hrs (standby) and still had 28% battery life left. if I hadn't plugged it in it would have been around 26% charged in the morning sitting idle.

thats fantastic battery life IMO. I can't compare to the Passport because i've never used one more than checking it out for a min. but its way better than any older iPhone or the z10 I used to own.

Edit: there is also no lag at all on the iP 6+ and it hasn't bent on me yet either!
    10-16-14 12:30 PM
    Battery life is the best I ever had, normal use, i'm on 5 days, last charge Sunday night.
    if you don't need to charge your phone for 5 days you are barely using your phone. Standby on the iPhone 6 + would be similar if you just let it sit and don't touch it.
    10-16-14 12:47 PM
    Don't compare Ihpone or Android phones to the Passport. You want a toy, Iphone and android.
    You want a computer on the palm of your hands, then choose the Passport.

Why are Iphone and Android toys? I would like to hear your well thought out and reasoned logical arguments and supporting factual information to back up this assertion. Given that most publishing houses, top tier accounting firms, A-list law firms and government agencies allow and utilize at least I-phones on their MDMs, my breath has become baited waiting for your insight and light as to why they are all so misled as to bring un-useful toys to the highest levels of buisness and need to have a real tool like a BB to get the job done. Please cite all those applications used in the business world not available on those other platforms as well.
    10-16-14 01:07 PM
    I went from a Z10 to a Passport. Battery life is amazing and it really is one less thing to worry about during the day (I'm going just shy of saying the battery life inspires confidence, but it kind of does). Passport is a home-run for battery life. I can get through HEAVY days of calls, text, BBM, surfing, etc with 30% left in the tank. The point is, I can get through an entire day using the passport a LOT.

No lags, burping, or farting in my experience. The 3GB of RAM is the system memory. On-board storage is 32GB (with a bit more than 24GB available out of the box). If you add external 32GB MicroSD, then you'd have 56 GB (which I have). In short: it has more system memory than pretty much everything else out there, and it's snappy and quick.

For me, yes, very convenient. It fits in all my jeans, front or back pockets without having to struggle to get it out (I never knew pockets were so big - maybe they've scaled with people's waistlines). Suit pocket is a perfect fit. If you're wondering...just grab your actual paper passport and see where it fits. It the same size. No problems. In fact, a friend wanted me to look at pics on her S4. Compared to the Passport, the S4 feels like a toy poodle: small, shaky, and pointless.

If you're concerned about size, just give it a couple of weeks to get used to. It's definitely not inconvenient. It's just very different. And in this case, different is good. The size and clarity of the display is fantastic. And frankly...there's something to be said for a larger device because I'm finding I use my tablet less and my phone more (because I can type more accurately - which is more efficient because I spend less time correcting mistakes). And as I said, handling any other phone...they just seem small and limited in what they can do. Big screen and keyboard: winner.

I actually wondered if that would be the case too, because my Z10 used to REALLY heat up (especially surfing and watching Netflix - sideloaded of course). So far, not an issue with the passport (not that it ever really concerned me on the Z10, was just something I noticed too).

So far, I've found no weaknesses. The passport is, for me, the best device I've ever owned. It does everything I need at the highest standard (the sound quality actually impresses me a lot, and the speakerphone is ridiculously good). I don't have any concerns or complaints. There are a few niggly things in OS 10.3 that could use some refining, but even those aren't deal breakers (and a lot of people wouldn't even notice - just personal perception). Quite frankly, and I am a gadget guy and compare notes with friends and colleagues, the Passport is arguably the best all-around phone available right now. In terms of productivity and smoothness of BB10/HUB Integration, it's unsurpassed. I actually write executive summaries and project proposals on my Passport now. I haven't done that since....um...ever.
    10-16-14 01:15 PM
    unfortunately your Z10 was BlackBerry's beta device... The Z10 was terrible with heating, lagging and battery life. I had the Z10 on launch day and quickly switched to the Q10 on it's launch in May then got a Z30 (which I currently use).

The Z30 is 100 times better then the Z10. (except for PPI i guess)

I seriously can't believe the Z10 made it to the market, it was a terrible beta device that never should of left the devs hands.

You won't have a terrible experience when using the Passport and Z30 like you are having with the Z10.
    Battery Life holds for 1-2 day medium to heavy usage. No heating issues. Amazing speakers that no other phone not even the M8 can compare to, no lag.
    10-16-14 03:41 PM
    This is my first piece of feedback on my passport.....why no Flipboard??? Why???

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:50 PM
    The Flipboard app is on snap or 1market store and works great.

BlackBerry Passport vs iPhone 6 Plus-img_20141016_170440.png

Sent using the wonderful BlackBerry Passport
    10-16-14 04:05 PM
    I think all of those are fairly subjective though.

I think generalities (outside physical keyboards) simply don't apply in mobility anymore. I think all round devices have a better chance to succeed.
    I respectfully disagree with respect to media consumption and emailing. The keyboard, to your point is a subject issue.

A 1:1 screen is not idea for viewing material that has been formatted for 16:9. Most of the crew I have all use screens that allow for that aspect ratio. They would never be able to use a 1:1.

Also regarding emails. I tried to use an iPhone 5s for about a weeks. During a typical film I'll get up award of 3,000 emails a month while in prep.

The search feature on iOS was incapable of properly searching through that volume of emails whereas BB10 had zero issues.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-17-14 08:07 AM
    I own both an iphone 6 and a Passport. All I can say is that I can't put the Passport down, close to the point of being unhealthy. It's addicting. Not sure I can put my finger on exactly why I like it so much, I just do.
    10-17-14 12:59 PM
    I own both an iphone 6 and a Passport. All I can say is that I can't put the Passport down, close to the point of being unhealthy. It's addicting. Not sure I can put my finger on exactly why I like it so much, I just do.
    I just have to keep using it!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-17-14 01:37 PM
    Nvm, I misread what he said. The passport is a nice phone. I've read that it's battery life is spectacular.
    10-17-14 01:40 PM
    I need your comments on your BlackBerry Passport.

I like my BlackBerry Z10 very much if it has Long day use battery life, stable OS, don't like lagging, lost connection.

I'm thinking to change my phone to iPhone 6 Plus (prefer iPhone 6 actually but iPhone 6 don't have long battery life) . But I would consider BlackBerry Passport too. The problem is BlackBerry Passport and iPhone 6 Plus too big for big!!! Why Apple make iPhone 6 too thin! They should make it thicker to get better battery life!
    Why BlackBerry making and selling their Z10 with very very very Poor battery life!!! LOL

Your comments on BlackBerry Passport please! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    1. Battery life is pretty excellent. I'm a very heavy user. Unplugged at 04:30ish and 31% battery left.

3 email accounts on push, LinkedIn, lots of texts, Skype for making over an hour of calls - video and phone, an hour of regular calls, lots of writing and editing docs and files, lots of browsing.
    BlackBerry Passport vs iPhone 6 Plus-img_20141017_203626.png

2. My passport does randomly glitch from time to time specifically freezing from standby/screen off and on a couple of calls. Hopefully a software update will fix this. To compare my iPad Air recently on iOS 8 has been crashing out on Safari, Office for iPad, Google Docs and Sheets - it's driving me mad. Thank God for the Passport is all I can say (and my vaio p 2nd gen!)

3. Size is fine. Can be a little tricky but no worse than any other large device. I came from a Note 3 and in terms of 1 handed use probably even better than that. Fits fine in my suit jacket and jeans - I don't wear skinny jeans so can't comment. Handling is DEFINITELY better than 6+. When I was deciding to go for the Passport I popped into the local Vodafone store and they shoved an iPhone 6+ in my hand - it is extremely unwieldy in comparison to the note and passport. I was surprised how unwieldy when you consider Apple never normally miss a beat with ergonomics! Passport is the winner.

I use the Passport quite a bit one handed when walking to and from work and on breaks as unfortunately I smoke and love my coffee so can vouch for its use like that. It's not designed to be used one handed specifically but I can assure you its more than possible - I'm 5'9" and have regular sized hands.

4. Heating only noticeable when charging for me. I have to say I'm using a playbook charger as the wire is nice and long!

5. Main thing is it needs a software update to sort minor glitching and improve what is otherwise an excellent camera. I personally would love a setting that mapped symbols to the physical keys. They have a neat swipe down feature that brings up a mapped symbol keyboard but I'd like to have the feature to 'set' this a bit like caps lock until I chose to switch it off. Would be a real time saver when flying about spreadsheets etc.

I loved the Z10 but HATED the disgraceful battery life. I carried the Note 3 and the Z10 as nothing beats the hub and OS 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 02:56 PM
47 12