Talked to Verizon today and the Lady I was working with looked into Passport to see If they were going to have soon. She stated they were, and that the system showed the Passport was in process of testing, but was not sure as to when it would be available.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 06:46 PM
    Well the rumors are starting to turn towards Verizon getting the phone or at least balance out the negatives

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:07 PM
    Talked to Verizon today and the Lady I was working with looked into Passport to see If they were going to have soon. She stated they were, and that the system showed the Passport was in process of testing, but was not sure as to when it would be available.

Posted via CB10
    This is a direct contradiction to my experience with a store rep, and I'm THRILLED to hear it!!! If Verizon is testing now that's great news and bodes well for an early September release.
    08-21-14 07:11 PM
    If it's just now being tested, I wonder if it may take longer to be available.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:35 PM
    Good to hear. I called Verizon and asked about the Passport a week ago. The customer service rep had not heard of the Passport. I told him, I will switch carriers the day the Passport launches if Verizon does not offer it. And then I had him estimate what my early termination fees would be for all my lines. He was very apologetic, and tried offering me a credit to stay with Verizon. I told him money would not be a factor in this decision--the Passport would be. He said he hopes Verizon offers it.
    08-21-14 10:58 PM
    [QUOTE=rssz30;10744557]Talked to Verizon today and the Lady I was working with looked into Passport to see If they were going to have soon. She stated they were, and that the system showed the Passport was in process of testing, but was not sure as to when it would be available.

Was this a rep or...??
    Last edited by teamryan15; 08-22-14 at 01:22 PM.
    08-22-14 09:19 AM
    Nothing is showing on a CDMA variant of the Passport. But you never know.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:24 AM
    Lady was Coordinator for Business and Government...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 01:53 PM
    Good to hear. I called Verizon and asked about the Passport a week ago. The customer service rep had not heard of the Passport. I told him, I will switch carriers the day the Passport launches if Verizon does not offer it. And then I had him estimate what my early termination fees would be for all my lines. He was very apologetic, and tried offering me a credit to stay with Verizon. I told him money would not be a factor in this decision--the Passport would be. He said he hopes Verizon offers it.
    That's what I did with AT&T and the Z30. I'll do the same with Verizon, but I don't have a contract with Verizon, just month to month since I bought my phone at full non-contract pricing. Not falling for the contract trap again.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    08-22-14 02:41 PM
    I think Verizon will offer it retail, but only on the website I imagine.
    They have NO BB devices at ANY stores in California I've been to lately.

Hopefully, it will be late September or October and not Christmas time though because we never get things "early".

The Z10 however did come to Verizon quickly enough, my gf got the Z10 the day it came out and I got my Q10 online though.

T Mobile got the Q10 I remember first in the US.
    08-23-14 08:06 PM
    I haven't heard a single thing about the Passport yet on Verizon. If I did I couldn't say anything, but as of now, not a word. I haven't heard a word about the iPhone 6 or the Note 4, either..

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 10:36 PM
    I haven't heard a single thing about the Passport yet on Verizon. If I did I couldn't say anything, but as of now, not a word. I haven't heard a word about the iPhone 6 or the Note 4, either..

Posted via CB10
    My local Verizon store is starting a pre-order list for the iPhone 6 this week. Nothing on the Note 4 though, and a deafening silence punctuated by misinformation on the Passport.
    08-23-14 10:51 PM